What's new

Only 25 pc in India claim Hindi is their mother tongue

You are wrong here too. Hindi cannot compete with the classical languages of India.

It is this BS that I am talking about that you keep pulling out of your a$$. Now please don't bother me with BS like this.

In effect you are calling Hindi inferior to Tamil. Hindi also btw is heavily influenced by Sanskrit which is also a classical language.

Please take your BS elsewhere. You are the kind that would disrespect another's mother tongue proudly but cry in a corner when the same is done to another's mother tongue. You are as morally bankrupt as those ignorants who make statements like Learn Hindi or leave India.

Last edited:
It is this BS that I am talking about that you keep pulling out of your a$$. Now please don't bother me with BS like this.

I cannot help it if you are a Hindi chauvinist who tries to mask his supremacist tendency by equating a mongrel language with a classical language. Sorry you have hard time digesting facts.

I cannot help it if you are a Hindi chauvinist who tries to mask his supremacist tendency by equating a mongrel language with a classical language. Sorry you have hard time digesting facts.

What exactly is a mongrel language?

I am just giving every mother tongue the respect it deserves. classical or mongrel, doesn't matter. Just like you expect North Indians to give to Tamil. If I was supremacist I would have gone around claiming that somehow Hindi was better than Tamil. You won't see me claiming that because unlike you I am not a narrow minded prejudiced language supremacist . I am sorry you have a hard time having brains and having some sensitivity towards hundreds of million Indians who speak Hindi as their mother tongue.

Mixed.

A language which is a mixture of many different languages, just like English is. Unlike Sanskrit or Oriya or Tamil.

I am just giving every mother tongue the respect it deserves. classical or mongrel, doesn't matter. Just like you expect North Indians to give to Tamil. If I was supremacist I would have gone around claiming that somehow Hindi was better than Tamil. You won't see me claiming that because unlike you I am not a narrow minded prejudiced language supremacist . I am sorry you have a hard time having brains and having some sensitivity towards hundreds of million Indians who speak Hindi as their mother tongue.

Mixed.

Yeh emotional athyachar band karo. When I say I speak Hindi at home and cannot speak Tamil, how do you derive that I am insulting Hindi moron? Fact of the matter is Hindi has no history or literature comparable to Tamil and other classical languages. Stating facts is not disrespecting a language unless you are allergic to facts. I am not the one crying about how Hindis are not speaking Tamil and hate Tamils, whereas you seem to have a lot of heartburn that Tamils do not speak Hindi by your frequent references to their hatred.

Last edited:
A language which is a mixture of many different languages, just like English is. Unlike Sanskrit or Oriya or Tamil.

Really? Vidyapati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (start reading from the second paragraph)

Hindi is a mixture of several Indian languages, that is why Hindi is the most natural choice for a link language in India. Hindi has got no regional/historical baggage associated with it.

Really? Vidyapati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (start reading from the second paragraph)

Hindi is a mixture of several Indian languages, that is why Hindi is the most natural choice for a link language in India. Hindi has got no regional/historical baggage associated with it.

Odia gets classical language status - The Hindu

While I do not know much about Odia, the central govt as deemed it fit to accord it the classical language status.

Now Hindi has too much of Islamic influence on it which is why I consider it unfit for a link language in India. So it does come with a baggage both historical and regional.

Both the choice of Delhi as capital of India as well as Hindi as the official language has been responsible for the Islamic bias of our ruling elite. Just think why do all foreigners and historians only harp and sing hosannas about Muslim rule in India, but entirely ignore its Hindu history.

Hindi is an organic naturally growing languages unlike the defeated language some people cling to.

Yeh emotional athyachar band karo. When I say I speak Hindi at home and cannot speak Tamil, how do you derive that I am insulting Hindi moron? Fact of the matter is Hindi has no history or literature comparable to Tamil and other classical languages. Stating facts is not disrespecting a language unless you are allergic to facts. I am not the one crying about how Hindis are not speaking Tamil and hate Tamils, whereas you seem to have a lot of heartburn that Tamils do not speak Hindi by your frequent references to their hatred.

Tamil is superior to Hindi and more worthy of being national language is a fact ? According to which authority ? No it is your opinion you idiot. I have stated before that just because it is an older language does not make Tamil (or Sanskrit) superior. You can't seem to get this little thing in your newbie head. As for my concern of Tamil's insecurity of Hindi, i have had that discussion with Chennai dude before in this thread. I have maintained that both these languages deserve equal respect (unlike you) and neither should be imposed on the speakers of the other. He was convinced and so was I. I was wrong to give a disrespectful newbie like you attention anyway. I shall not entertain you any further and am putting you on ignore so don't bother replying. First Indian member in 4 years to go on my ignore list. You should be proud .

Tamil is superior to Hindi and more worthy of being national language is a fact ? According to which authority ? No it is your opinion you idiot. I have stated before that just because it is an older language does not make Tamil (or Sanskrit) superior. You can't seem to get this little thing in your newbie head. As for my concern of Tamil's insecurity of Hindi, i have had that discussion with Chennai dude before in this thread. I have maintained that both these languages deserve equal respect (unlike you) and neither should be imposed on the speakers of the other. He was convinced and so was I. I was wrong to give a disrespectful newbie like you attention anyway. I shall not entertain you any further and am putting you on ignore so don't bother replying. First Indian member in 4 years to go on my ignore list. You should be proud .

Good riddance.

Odia gets classical language status - The Hindu

While I do not know much about Odia, the central govt as deemed it fit to accord it the classical language status.

Now Hindi has too much of Islamic influence on it which is why I consider it unfit for a link language in India. So it does come with a baggage both historical and regional.

Both the choice of Delhi as capital of India as well as Hindi as the official language has been responsible for the Islamic bias of our ruling elite. Just think why do all foreigners and historians only harp and sing hosannas about Muslim rule in India, but entirely ignore its Hindu history.

During Muslim rule the official language was either Arabic or Persian. May be the official version of Hindi was sanskritized (Khari Boli) to get rid of the baggage you have been talking about. When I speak my mother tongue these days I sprinkle few Hindi words here and there, similarly I unwittingly include some words from my mother-tongue when I speak Hindi, that is how languages grow.

During Muslim rule the official language was either Arabic or Persian. May be the official version of Hindi was sanskritized (Khari Boli) to get rid of the baggage you have been talking about. When I speak my mother tongue these days I sprinkle few Hindi words here and there, similarly I unwittingly include some words from my mother-tongue when I speak Hindi, that is how languages grow.

Shuddh Hindi is an attempt at Sanskritizing Hindi, but it has not taken off. People mostly speak Bollywood Hindi..aka Urdu.

dude u can live in all ur jingoism ... but the truth is u can't stop Hindi penetration in south...ur shouting and propaganda can weaken the process but cannot stop it... the reason being india has become a open market and there is a tremendous exchange of north and south Indian people...across the country...
why should anyone be barred from learning any language ... if tamil is ur mother tongue u can learn it and i respect it...but if we want a United and strong india, single language which everyone can understand need to be have in our mechanism...
u want to make English...how many people understand English today in india except in cities .. even in cities many people don't know this...hardy 10% of indian population is fluent in English....where as Hindi has a penetration of more that 60-70% of population of india....ppenetration doesn't mean its their mother tounge but people can understand it .....

:lol:Jingoistic? On language? Me? Nope, just making a point. I speak fluent Hindi and have absolutely nothing against it. If you had read all my posts, you would have understood that I did say that Hindi penetration was happening anyways, this is not about that. This is about a government decision on use of language in official capacity. Wanting something does not necessarily means it will happen. There will always be people who won't know Hindi & almost certainly will not know to write it. It is just a fact, nothing more. We have to live in the world as it is, not necessarily as we might want it to be. My point has always been on the logic of a government diktat, never on the desirability or otherwise of learning languages. It is desirable, I agree, to know Hindi but it is not a decision that can be enforced by compulsion. (Btw, I speak 4 languages and yet am outclassed in my family where everyone else can speak 6-7 languages :D)

:lol:Jingoistic? On language? Me? Nope, just making a point. I speak fluent Hindi and have absolutely nothing against it. If you had read all my posts, you would have understood that I did say that Hindi penetration was happening anyways, this is not about that. This is about a government decision on use of language in official capacity. Wanting something does not necessarily means it will happen. There will always be people who won't know Hindi & almost certainly will not know to write it. It is just a fact, nothing more. We have to live in the world as it is, not necessarily as we might want it to be. My point has always been on the logic of a government diktat, never on the desirability or otherwise of learning languages. It is desirable, I agree, to know Hindi but it is not a decision that can be enforced by compulsion. (Btw, I speak 4 languages and yet am outclassed in my family where everyone else can speak 6-7 languages :D)

I speak Hindi, Bengali, English, Primate, Canine, Feline, Mad-man, Gibberish :azn:

Back
Top Bottom