What's new

Online grocery store concept in Pakistan

its not something new there are so many websites in Pakistan offering online shopping...

you need to educate people , any thing can sell in pakistan ... believe me or not i was looking for bakras online the other day

Given the ethos of Business in Pakistan i highly doubt ordering from fresh fruits or bakery online will yield me the same by the time it arrives at my door step.

Well, i am an SEO expert, online marketer and i have the same idea in my mind! This is great!
I have a few questions!
Will we have a warehouse where we store our goods? This is the real confusion!
How will we approach companies for goods and if it will be on credit or cash?
Only debit and credit cards will be allowed or any online payment processor?

I am upto it it and will start working if i am clear with these doubts!

I also think there should be an online platform like Ebay for Pakistanis perhaps, Indians, Chinese, Turkish etc. and a payment processor like paypal since they don't accept us, we need to make our own!
In the future may be i will make it happen when i have a big team of developers and designers under me!

PS. ohh just realized that this thread is almost 3 years old :blink:

I have a few questions!
Will we have a warehouse where we store our goods? This is the real confusion!
This is dependant on your business model. If you are an aggregator you do not store stock. If you want to hold inventory, understand that your working capital requirement goes up. Also, understand if you decide to hold stock the higer the pressure on you to push it out asap.

How will we approach companies for goods and if it will be on credit or cash?
Again, this will depend on the volume of trade you are able to commit. Most companies will not give you on credit unless you have some sort of working relationship with them or give them a minimum guarantee. On how to approach, first I suggest tie-up with a person you already have a personal/professional rapport. test your systems before approaching the bigger chaps.

Only debit and credit cards will be allowed or any online payment processor?
You can provide Cash on Delivery. But, am not sure how good the collection system is in Pakistan. You can also provide for direct netbanking or tieup with cash cards. It is best to tie-up with an existing payment gatway provider, because, you need to maintain systems and adhere to the regulatory framework of the central bank. this is a task in itself.

I am upto it it and will start working if i am clear with these doubts!
Best of luck.

I also think there should be an online platform like Ebay for Pakistanis perhaps, Indians, Chinese, Turkish etc. and a payment processor like paypal since they don't accept us, we need to make our own!
In the future may be i will make it happen when i have a big team of developers and designers under me!

As far as possible do not take up functions in-house which are not your core strengths.....

Times n Watch is a trusted web for online shopping in Pakistan. Times n Watch have all branded product like original mobile phones branded shoes, watches, sunglasses etc etc with a benefit of free shipping service all over Pakistan just visit timesnwatch and shop online .

Well, deliverit.pk is providing free home delivery of grocery items including fruits and vegetables on government notified / wholesale rates in Islamabad. They are offering scheduled delivery, cash on delivery, and advance order booking. They have also adopted instant Returns / Refund policy. This recent shift of customers toward online grocery in Pakistan is providing opportunities to startups and businesses to come up with creative ideas to tap into the true potential of multi billion dollars industry in Pakistan i.e. Food, Beverages & Grocery. Hope this helps!

Well, deliverit.pk is providing free home delivery of grocery items including fruits and vegetables on government notified / wholesale rates in Islamabad. They are offering scheduled delivery, cash on delivery, and advance order booking. They have also adopted instant Returns / Refund policy. This recent shift of customers toward online grocery in Pakistan is providing opportunities to startups and businesses to come up with creative ideas to tap into the true potential of multi billion dollars industry in Pakistan i.e. Food, Beverages & Grocery. Hope this helps!
Very poor website design and barebones menu. If this is the case, can't imagine the delivery service being any good.

Limit will be your decanting and organising the products so they can be most efficiently picked. There is one company that has done this and is very sucessfull.

Ocado - They don't have stores but operate from CFC's (customer fulfillment centres). These are MASSIVE warehouses...the whole thing is run on pure tech and barcodes and alot is patented and top secret. In fact, i know them very well :ph34r:

Very poor website design and barebones menu. If this is the case, can't imagine the delivery service being any good.
I am ordering through Deliver It - Food & Grocery since past month and found quality of fruits and vegetables upto mark. Most important thing is their customer service till you receive your order.

Also I don't think that they take orders from website as they redirect all customers to their Android App or iOS App.

There is no infrastructure in Pakistan to achive that and most people do not have credit cards to use online
First online groceries in China also survived against the odds. First clients for them were quite rich professionals, living quite far away.

Think of first testing the business on delivering something really in high demand, for fee, and then work on the general grocery concept. Don't put money in your own storage, just pick products from supermarkets for the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom