What's new

One weapon you want to use atleast once in ur life

This:

F-15-Eagle-287.jpg

:chilli: :cheers: :chilli:

I was teasing a little. The thing about it - exotic weapons and cool missions belong to the young, guys in their twenties. Once you've done it, everything after that seems tame.

Oddly enough, I don't think I'd prefer an F-22. At the time, BVR weapons weren't death arrows, and there was no such thing as stealth, so the mission was an excellent mix of modern stuff and old stuff. Now, it's all sensors, stealth, night ops and such, a very technical and sterile way to fly and fight.

I honestly would rather go back in time and fly the Sabre or maybe a piston fighter, guns-only. :woot:

We have a Ex-PAF Sabre/StarFighter/Mirage III and F16 pilot here on forums (Muradk) .Unfortunately he does not post too much now but he has posted several good things about sabre.Even though Sabre was not super sonic he went super sonic on F86 during nose dive.Also shot down enemy jet flying F86 during 1971 war.

The F-86F (with the all-flying tail) is the ultimate jet gunfighter, IMO. Pilots who have flown it say it is as smooth a gun platform as ever made, with a really nice control harmony, and the light wing loading allows it to turn very tightly indeed.

At the beginning of the Korean war, the MiG-15 outperformed the F-86. At the end, the F-86 was the superior jet.

he went super sonic on F86 during nose dive.

That's a good lead-in to my favorite cover-up of all time. Before the U.S. Army was about to launch Chuck Yeager in the X-1 for his "historic" supersonic flight. a civilian test pilot (George Welch) beat him to supersonic flight in his XP-86, the North American F-86 prototype.

Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - First Supersonic Jet

The U.S. Army, after investing million$, couldn't let a civilian pilot in a civilian airplane beat them, and the data was ignored. To this day, it's Yeager and not Welch who was considered the first supersonic man.

The F-86F (with the all-flying tail) is the ultimate jet gunfighter, IMO. Pilots who have flown it say it is as smooth a gun platform as ever made, with a really nice control harmony, and the light wing loading allows it to turn very tightly indeed.

At the beginning of the Korean war, the MiG-15 outperformed the F-86. At the end, the F-86 was the superior jet.

That's a good lead-in to my favorite cover-up of all time. Before the U.S. Army was about to launch Chuck Yeager in the X-1 for his "historic" supersonic flight. a civilian test pilot (George Welch) beat him to supersonic flight in his XP-86, the North American F-86 prototype.

Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - First Supersonic Jet

The U.S. Army, after investing million$, couldn't let a civilian pilot in a civilian airplane beat them, and the data was ignored. To this day, it's Yeager and not Welch who was considered the first supersonic man.
Yeager become popular because of that flight.You know he stayed in Pakistan for couple of years and flew with PAF Pilot He was US Adviser to Pakistan Air Force.F86's were indeed good planes.PAF F86 even shot down a Mig 21!!!
PAFF-86s.jpg

Returning from a Raid on Enemy Air Base.
What i have heard from Retired PAF Pilots of 60's and 70's and including one on this forum is that F86 was a good fighter better then star fighter as pilots complained about maneuverability of star fighter.A Pakistani Air Force Pilot mentioned in his book that StarFighter was a more of a super sonic missile then a fighter.Its maneuverability sucked.It was more of a ambush air craft you take the enemy by surprise by using your speed.F86 was one of the best fighters in PAF history.
PAF_Strike_force_in_1971.jpg

PAF Mirage, Mig 19 and StarFighter .The Mirage in above Photo is flown by Muradk.
It was F22 of that era!
*Funny Video..

Last edited by a moderator:
the only weapon i have used till now....................... the great Chinese motor driven pichkari on holi.

Back
Top Bottom