What's new

On volatile border between India and China, a high-altitude military buildup is underway

India is building infrastructure to facilitate incursion and advance by the Chinese, when the time is ripe. :lol:

Lungis should only comment on their own expertise, that is underwear stitching

Le lo Burnol, You need it.

If your lot could even stitch undies, you'd be richer than us. Which you are NOT.

Sanghis suck pretty much at everything...

Wait till we actually start industrializing in earnest (which we started already), then see where we go compared to Bharat Mata...

"Underwear Stitching" is a great technological leap, because "Lungis" don't need stitching. :lol:

I don't get why these coolies are obsessed about Lungis. I - being Bengali never wore one (other than the Hazaam-related episode in Kindergarten), India has about five times or more the number of Lungi wearers among different regions compared to Bangladesh, and they keep calling us Lungis. True - Bangladeshi Lungis as textiles are the best of course.

Bihar

South India (Kerala)
iu

2199b94e4844d652545ce5ab539478cb.jpg

Upper class Southern Brahmin Person
iu

In Punjab (known as Chaadara)
iu

1280px-Bhangra_Dance_punjab.jpg

And of course don't forget Big "B" Uncle Bacchan
11071030_997356160298173_5994088399769599627_n.jpg

In fact the Sarong is universally adopted as ethnic dress in all of lower South East Asia. The below traditional scene is from Yogyakarta in Indonesia. These are Palace guards on the Sultan's Parade.
709px-Formal_Batik_Sarongs_worn_by_guards_at_Sultan%27s_Parade%2C_Yogyakarta.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get why these coolies are obsessed about Lungis. I - being Bengali never wore one (other than the Hazaam-related episode in Kindergarten), India has about five times or more the number of Lungi wearers among different regions compared to Bangladesh, and they keep calling us Lungis. True - Bangladeshi Lungis as textiles are the best of course.

Bihar

South India (Kerala)
iu

iu

iu

In fact the Sarong is universally adopted as ethnic dress in all of lower South East Asia. The below traditional scene is from Yogyakarta in Indonesia. These are Palace guards on the Sultan's Parade.
709px-Formal_Batik_Sarongs_worn_by_guards_at_Sultan%27s_Parade%2C_Yogyakarta.jpg

A few decades back, it was the most common dress of the rural areas of Punjab, both of Pakistan and India. Now, it is replaced mostly with shalwaar. My late grandfather, in fact, never wore anything else. My late father, till late in his life, wore it at home. It was called "dhoti" or "chaadar". It was called "lungi", when the cloth used was of colorfull patterns. There are many Punjabi folk songs on "chaadar" and "lungi".

"Lathay di chaadar, uttay saleti rung maahiya"
"Way lungi tairi saavi, rung saava cholay da"

PLA has captured/Retained all the areas that they claimed are theirs. The war has happened and the result is crystal clear from the picture
FGZOH73WUAIAM26.jpeg

PLA has captured/Retained all the areas that they claimed are theirs. The war has happened and the result is crystal clear from the picture View attachment 803327

The conflict is basically no more territorial, at least, from the Chinese point of view. Their fundamental objective is to restrain India from gaining the capability, in collusion with US and West, where it can harm security and/or other geostrategic interests of China. Force would be used, when necessary. Border dispute would be the excuse, which would be utilised. Conflict has far far broader dimensions.

Bihar

South India (Kerala)
iu

iu

iu

Sarung is great for praying, here in Indonesia we always use sarung for praying at home. We use short pants at home then when we prayed at home or near by Mosque we used sarung. So every male Muslim in Indonesia has it

A few decades back, it was the most common dress of the rural areas of Punjab, both of Pakistan and India. Now, it is replaced mostly with shalwaar. My late grandfather, in fact, never wore anything else. My late father, till late in his life, wore it at home. It was called "dhoti" or "chaadar". It was called "lungi", when the cloth used was of colorfull patterns. There are many Punjabi folk songs on "chaadar" and "lungi".

"Lathay di chaadar, uttay saleti rung maahiya"
"Way lungi tairi saavi, rung saava cholay da"

Very nice, I have to brush up on my Punjabi language skills... :-)

Most urban Bangladeshi folks over 45~50 also wear it at home. In the villages the use is universal for young/old alike.

Shahidul Alam, the person Hasina had arrested using her RAB apparatus (because he called it a death squad) - was not afraid to wear Lungis on campus. Alam took his undergraduate education in the University of Liverpool. During his time in Liverpool he made a habit of walking in the streets in his lungi. He is a different breed of animal.

Anyways this is off topic, my apologies.

Last edited:
how did a thread about an indian/chinese build up on the border become one about lungis.

This is the wonder of PDF. :-)

In any case, back on topic, Indians digging tunnels is not going to ensure their battle readiness, forget any chance of any victory. Chinese folks are at least twenty years ahead of India in any technology, even military ones.

No one is saying there will be strategic weapons launched here, this will be ongoing set of skirmishes more or less. Dirty stupid ongoing time-waster hand-to-hand skirmishes which will keep showing Indians in humiliating situations.

But - look, Indians have also ruined any chances of fast industrialization with a reasonable cost in their country with help of China by angering them (appropriate technology all the way to high tech). In a quest for cheap bhakt votes, Modi leadership decided it could one up China, hence the supposed muscle flexing with imported weapons. Another effed up move by Modi and his cabinet of geniuses. I mean who the F*ck cares about a barren rocky piece of uninhabitable few square miles?

I predict that Bangladesh and Pakistan will keep improving their nominal/PPP per capita GDPs and move past India in short order. And India will keep up growth at Hindu Rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_rate_of_growth

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom