What's new

On Iran's future possibilities with Sukhoi

You think Jf-17 is not good for Iranians? Why or why not?

Well ofcourse JF-17 is a decent fighter but unless they want to get involved in the project and work on its further development with local production facilities than it will be a good boost for Iran air force but having importing only few squadron won't be good as they does have the money to buy a much better fighter.

In the meantime,Iran should strike a deal with Russia for Su-35 as FGFA or the export variant of T-50 will be recieved by india in 2024-25,so expect a export to third party no earlier than 2028-29
Yes that's great idea,
36 JF 17, 48 Su -35 and 20/40 FGFA will be enough for IRAF

the timeline published by sokhoi states otherwise .

all 20 of them are received before 2022 if the deal is made
Than you guys should go for this plan !

Well ofcourse JF-17 is a decent fighter but unless they want to get involved in the project and work on its further development with local production facilities than it will be a good boost for Iran air force but having importing only few squadron won't be good as they does have the money to buy a much better fighter.
Lala, but with jf-17 they can get ToT. But with expensive fighters, they are at the mercy of those countries. Self reliance is better, I think?

Lala, but with jf-17 they can get ToT. But with expensive fighters, they are at the mercy of those countries. Self reliance is better, I think?
They can buy FC-1 from China too with TOT. :)

iran has zero interest in 4th Gen. chinese fighters bro :)

J-20 is a different issue :)
In order to get 5th generation fighters, Iran will have to wait 8-10 years at least. But within 3 years it can have 4th generation fighters and add stealth abilities to turn them into 4.5G. Iran's fighter jet inventory needs to be modernized to be brought to the current level warfare.

Also, I think the J-20 is going to be like the F-22, that is not for export. The Chinese will use it for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom