What's new

Oman grants $17.5m for new Gwadar International Airport

khanboy007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
251354.jpg

Staff Reporter
Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - Karachi—The development of New Gwadar International Airport, the part of Pak China Economic Corridor is being carried out by Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority in collaboration with China Communication and Construction Company for New Gwadar International Airport.

According to CAA, the Oman Government has decided to grant $ 17.5 million for New Gwadar International Airport out of which $ 2.85 million has already been released, which has been utilized for Watch Towers, Boundary Walls and 18 KMs long road. In this respect an amendment to MoU has been agreed already and inked between Air Marshal (Retd) Muhammad Yousaf, Director General Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority and Mr. Wang Xiaoping, CEO of M/s China Construction & Communication Company at CAA Headquarters in Karachi.

Oman grants $17.5m for new Gwadar International Airport

:pakistan:

-----------------------------------------------
thankfully this time they are releasing the money in phases to observe the development :)

meanwhile earlier on (back in 2010) :(

Oman to provide $45m for Gwadar airport

==========================================

I searched for some pics found this one :) looks epic :D :D

2exx0cm.jpg

credits to NESPAK :)

GWADAR | New GWADAR International Airport | Infrastructure | U/C - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

ok so here's some more......pic of the site from google maps

kudos to shahmeer :)

GWADAR | New GWADAR International Airport | Infrastructure | U/C - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

12172218196_7079bd18f6_c.jpg

Last edited:
sir it is a planned city already :)

Gwadar%20-%20Masterplan.jpg

I'd suggest you to check out google maps :tup: you can see the plan being well executed in detail :)

There is not much hope left for ancient cities in rest of Pakistan but Gwader city should be developed on par with international standard.

sir it is a planned city already :)

Gwadar%20-%20Masterplan.jpg

I'd suggest you to check out google maps :tup: you can see the plan being well executed in detail :)

It is planned but only on paper. Like Islamabad was built from scratch, Gwader is not like that. Gwader was already a fishing settlement and a narcotics heaven. But the size of Gwader is small, which means most of the new city can be planned. However, for that we need special investment, like Dubai. We want international investors to come in and setup infrastructure. People only inhabit when they have access to facilities like water and sanitation, roads, airport, sea port etc.

Back in the Musharraf days, around 2003 when Gwader was the new hot topic, my dad purchased some real estate over there for about 3 million rupees. There was this gold rush that since Gwader is going to get developed, the only way for property prices is to go up. However Musharraf did half hearted effort towards Gwader and PPP pretty much screwed the whole country. Today the same property is worth 1.1 million rupees. A lot of the people who invested at that time ended up in a loss. There is law and order situation that needs to be addressed. Because currently it is not safe to go from Karachi to Gwader via MCH. Yes people go there, but it would be stupid to assume that situation is normal.

That's why i say Gwader should be given a special status so unwanted criminals/Baloch nationalists can be kept out.

It is planned but only on paper. Like Islamabad was built from scratch, Gwader is not like that. Gwader was already a fishing settlement and a narcotics heaven. But the size of Gwader is small, which means most of the new city can be planned. However, for that we need special investment, like Dubai. We want international investors to come in and setup infrastructure. People only inhabit when they have access to facilities like water and sanitation, roads, airport, sea port etc.

Back in the Musharraf days, around 2003 when Gwader was the new hot topic, my dad purchased some real estate over there for about 3 million rupees. There was this gold rush that since Gwader is going to get developed, the only way for property prices is to go up. However Musharraf did half hearted effort towards Gwader and PPP pretty much screwed the whole country. Today the same property is worth 1.1 million rupees. A lot of the people who invested at that time ended up in a loss. There is law and order situation that needs to be addressed. Because currently it is not safe to go from Karachi to Gwader via MCH. Yes people go there, but it would be stupid to assume that situation is normal.

That's why i say Gwader should be given a special status so unwanted criminals/Baloch nationalists can be kept out.

yes there was this hype of gwadar.....the only thing remaining is the security issue which will probably clear up......no one wants to live the life of mayhem there or any place on this planet.....dont worry they will surrender as soon as they get halal opportunities

to get the opportunities they will have to work with the government at all cost's with fairness and faith

the insecurity is due to lack of opportunities.....once they get them....they will do good.....this is something im pretty sure of....though it's just my opinion :)

my dad purchased some real estate over there for about 3 million rupees. There was this gold rush that since Gwader is going to get developed, the only way for property prices is to go up. However Musharraf did half hearted effort towards Gwader and PPP pretty much screwed the whole country. Today the same property is worth 1.1 million rupees. .

how much land was that?

oh okay.....i thought maybe it was industrial land.....

Nope. The aim was to sell it when house/plot prices would go up as people would want to build and move there. But it never happened.

Gwadar is the best thing that has happened to us in a while, watch this thing become a gold mine over the next few decades.

Does anyone here know if the PAF will build a base here to safeguard the port operations? This port will have significant value as this port alone will bring in goods for double the size of the Pakistani population (As the Chinese are which would use this port, has more population than Pakistan).

Plus, PN will need to be deploy some decent numbers of vessels there also.

Back
Top Bottom