What's new

Olympic 2024 Qualification, Asian Men Basketball (Indonesia, India, Saudi, Syria, Kazakhtan, Bahrain), 12-17 August 2023

This Indian is performing a lot different from the one that participated in world cup and Asia cup qualifications.

Moreover Indian team Chennai heat also couldn't participate in newly created West Asia Super League due to financial reasons so I didn't expected the national team to do so good.

After these 2 matches I think India is capable of defeating Saudia and maybe Kazakhstan too
Behrain will be the toughest opponent for them
Agreed, Behrain is one of the toughest team in asia.

And India won against Indonesia.. really sad that even news channels do not covarage basketball games in India.... People will only talk about cricket by today after ind vs west indies match over

And India won against Indonesia.. really sad that even news channels do not covarage basketball games in India.... People will only talk about cricket by today after ind vs west indies match over

How about your women team ? Currently there is Asia Fiba Cup as well for women in Thailand

Plenty of basketball games to be watch for Indonesians as both men and women team are playing this month

For basketball and volleyball, our main focus is to win in SEAGAMES (South East Asian Games)

Well at least India have a basketball league and they could play in international Leagues too.
This year they couldn't but next year they definitely will
Also your national team is doing so good

Here people don't even about this sport and let alone league we don't even have national team.

India have a huge population and big Market
If Indian try a bit and show interest
NBA would organise few of their international games in india

Moreover Eurolegaue is thinking about expansion and looking towards Asia and big markets.
Dubai is one of the city they've targeted
But it could be Mumbai too if Indians shows interest and Abmani fields a franchise team.

But it all depends on interest of People and what they want to see
At the end of day
It's business and they wouldn't want to loose money.

Indians doing quite great in football too.
Their team won SAFF championship and they have 2 tier league System and clubs regularly participate in AFC champions league and AFC cup

F3bHE7ta4AEFsp0

F3bVtAAaoAE29Mv

Last edited:
People will only talk about cricket
We won the SAFF football which was well supported. We won the Asian hockey beating China Malaysia Japan S.Korea and Pakistan yesterday.
Indians doing quite great in football too.
Their team won SAFF championship and they have 2 tier league System and clubs regularly participate in AFC champions league and AFC cup
Football is going to get more popular in India.

Dont know, if we use our best team, we only lost 10 points from Australia, third best in the world. Our rank is too low, so we need to qualify, not automatically get the spot like Japan and Philippine.

Many players get injured after our league completed and one player played in US NCAA competition (Derrick Michael) and the other in Japan J league (Abraham Damar Grahita) cannot participate.

That boomer you lost 10 points to is not the third best in the world....

Watch the coming FIBA World Cup in 2 weeks, that team is the 3rd best in the world.

Ah, basketball, Vietnam is not good in this sport.
I find volleyball to more exciting to watch anyway, rules of basketball is...shaky.

That boomer you lost 10 points to is not the third best in the world....

Watch the coming FIBA World Cup in 2 weeks, that team is the 3rd best in the world.

Where Aussie will play ? In Japan or Philippine ?

I find volleyball to more exciting to watch anyway, rules of basketball is...shaky.

Basketball is the best sport in my opinion, no need to be too tall either if we play in our region only. For football it is already too boring IMO. For me, I played basketball during my high school and university years. In basketball, you just need basketball field and ball, it is enough to enjoy the sport by shooting three points or two point whether jump shoot or not. You get one friend, you can play 1 on 1.

Badminton, I only watch for Olympics for Indonesian players but I like to play Badminton. I would say Badminton needs more athletism compared to tennis.

For football, I only like to play by myself, not to watch other team play. I usually play as defender in football match or keeper. I can fly actually to catch the ball during my prime hehehe. Football is difficult to play if we are already graduated from university and the fields are not many in Jakarta. Not to talk about getting 22 players to play it. But it indeed enjoyfull to play football.

For playing by ourselves, my favorite is Basketball, Football, and Badminton. For watching the sports, few score games like football doesnt interest me, the match can end up with no scores either despite we watch it for 90 minutes plus break. For watching I prefer Basketball, Volleyball, and Badminton.

Volley Ball is good. Basically Indonesia has better volleyball team than its basketball team. This is why we can have 1 player play in European league and so far we still dont have one in basketball.

We may have one basketball player who may play in European or US NBA G league like Derrick Michael who is now playing in NCAA Division 1 like many NBA players play during their college time but he is mixed blood from his father side (African).

For Volleyball we can have 1 Indonesian with no mixed blood play in Europe currently. Some play in Korean league (man and women)

1691989926520.png

Last edited:

Volleyball will also play for Olympic Qualifier, Indonesian team will also play for Qualification, but I doubt they will win from team like Australia

Back
Top Bottom