What's new

Old Bangla Photos

Transport ships "Bengal" and "Oriflamme" in 1878, from the Illustrated London News :
1000 x 469 pixels

twodp.jpg

900 x 390 pixels

Related link : post # 919.

Thats why its seems very weird to me . may be even in that time there were some rich people and the top govt. official who could afford a ride on helicopter :tup: :confused:

@ During those days the air ticket were very cheap. I traveled from Islamabad(Chaklala Airport)-Lahore-Dacca-Isherdi-Thakurgaon in December 1970 in one go with only Taka=160/ with student concession. It was well within our means. May be Pakistan Govt was giving some concession from East to West Pakistan flight.

@ During Pakistan's times our standard of living was much much higher than the present standard.

@ During those days the air ticket were very cheap. I traveled from Islamabad(Chaklala Airport)-Lahore-Dacca-Isherdi-Thakurgaon in December 1970 in one go with only Taka=160/ with student concession. It was well within our means. May be Pakistan Govt was giving some concession from East to West Pakistan flight.

@ During Pakistan's times our standard of living was much much higher than the present standard.

I forgot where i read it ,after the liberation when the indian soldier found that our university lecturur have their own car they were very surprised .
''in amar fashi chai'' a book written by ex close associates of Hassina wrote when he were roaming in the street of Kolkata wearing his compleat suit every koltatan were looking at him

DarkElf007_1302706932_1-Banglamotor_1966_-_Zahura_Mansion.jpg

Banglamotor_1966(jahan manson)
DarkElf007_1302707073_3-Dhanmondi_1966_-_Bridge_on_Road__7___8.jpg

Dhanmondi 1966-Bridge on Road 7- 8
DarkElf007_1302707113_4-Dhanmondi_1970s_-_Old_Idgah_on_Road__6A.jpg

_4-Dhanmondi_1970s_-_Old_Idgah_on_Road _6A
DarkElf007_1302707403_8-Motijheel_1900s_-_Area_between_Motijheel_and_Arambagh_area.jpg

Between Motijheel/Arambagh in 1900

How I long for those days :cry:

Among all financial districts I've been to around the world, Motijheel == Hell of all the world's financial districts.

lol every lake is being filled, too much population, not enough land.

Back
Top Bottom