What's new

Oil, Gas and Refinery Projects update

Sir duwa tu yehi karni chahye jo hu Allah ki barkat aur rehmat ky sath hu agar uss ka hukum na millay tu uss main bhi kuch acha for all of us.ISB ka @Khafee sy iss liye hi poch raha thaa 100 ki poori file bani pari hai pooray saboot un main sy over 70 still in Pakistan 200 billion dollar kha ky baithy hain.halka hath bhi daloo sakon sy 50 tu nikal aain gy but State ka hosla nahi par raha so its brings me on serious question.How anyone can think any such discoveries brings good to us jab oper itny chor baithy hain khanyy ko ???Nigeria main bhi tu yeh ho raha hai naa ?
Something like Nigiera has happened.

Kekra1 is 280km south of Khi, who is going to go and check whats happening in the middle of the Arabian sea.

Do i need to point u out about recent and every steps Sindh govt was taking in last 2 months in case of discovery ? aap tu mujh sy ziyada jaanty hain :)

Something like Nigiera has happened.

Kekra1 is 280km south of Khi, who is going to go and check whats happening in the middle of the Arabian sea.

Hosla Sir ji Hosla if u looking things at just as oil discovery u r going to missed big picture
Dil tot giya hai sir g.. :(:(:(

Do i need to point u out about recent and every steps Sindh govt was taking in last 2 months in case of discovery ? aap tu mujh sy ziyada jaanty hain :)
Are you telling me we are putting this on hold until 18th amendment go away. Until Zardari and gang meat their fate..

Are you telling me we are putting this on hold until 18th amendment go away. Until Zardari and gang meat their fate..
Could be. You have to consider why would anyone spend +/- $100m on exploration if there was nothing.

Meri tassali ko wahid baat jo hai Army is on board warna yeh politicians tu kuch na chorain but said in previous posts and again bhai loog duwain tu karoo ramzan ka maheenaa bhi haii Inshaallah acha hoga
Could be. You have to consider why would anyone spend +/- $100m on exploration if there was nothing.

@Khafee Sir ji aab Raheel Sharif ko wapas tu kar du aany waly waqton main hamain bari zrorat hai uss ki esp hum Karachi walon ka tu hero hai battle ground is setting in sindh we need our General back

Meri tassali ko wahid baat jo hai Army is on board warna yeh politicians tu kuch na chorain but said in previous posts and again bhai loog duwain tu karoo ramzan ka maheenaa bhi haii Inshaallah acha hoga

@Khafee Sir ji aab Raheel Sharif ko wapas tu kar du aany waly waqton main hamain bari zrorat hai uss ki esp hum Karachi walon ka tu hero hai battle ground is setting in sindh we need our General back
Bhai I will comm with you via secure channel.

IK needs to stop being so impulsive and then have to back peddle everytime
He never said "there was oil". He said drilling was going on and he hoped [expected] good news. When exploring for gas/oil syou can never be 100%. That is why drilling is done to confirm the prospect. Only when you strike can you confirm "yes".

And let's wait for official statement. No point in people scoring or making this political. All of Pakistan loses. Only people who will be clapping is Indians and Arabs. The former because we stay bankrupt, the latter because we remain in servitude to them. My blood boils when I see scions of Indus having to play second fiddle to these camel drivers .... all because this got oil under their feet.

He never said "there was oil". He said drilling was going on and he hoped [expected] good news. When exploring for gas/oil syou can never be 100%. That is why drilling is done to confirm the prospect. Only when you strike can you confirm "yes".

And let's wait for official statement. No point in people scoring or making this political. All of Pakistan loses. Only people who will be clapping is Indians and Arabs. The former because we stay bankrupt, the latter because we remain in servitude to them. My blood boils when I see scions of Indus having to play second fiddle to these camel drivers .... all because this got oil under their feet.

Yes.. he did Infact...

But us impulsive finger pointing Pakistanis do not consider these nuances.

Alhamdulillah our hopes are still high and we will find another way to fix our economy. This isn't the end of the world or something. I shared the news from times of Islamabad, this is indeed a sad news for all Pakistanis. But details are yet to come. And we might be getting some kind of deal in canceling oil and gas explorations. Or even the drilling was a haste but it always give us more accurate location of minerals Everytime we drill. Never forget we found sui the same way. It's always have been 50/50 chances. We still have a $24 billion Copper mine. Which is tested and very real.

Can Pakistan get the Shale Oil/ Natural Gas

Below is a picture of the common Oil/ Natural Gas fields found across the world, and to the right of what is classified as Shale Oil/ Natural Gas:

500px-%28Non%29_Conventional_Deposits.svg.png

Below is research gathered by the US Energy Information Institute:

500px-EIA_World_Shale_Gas_Map.png

The US Energy Information Institute estimates that Pakistan has 52 Trillion Cubic Feet of Shale Natural Gas, and 9 Billion Barrels of Shale Oil.

And this is compared to estimates that by 2023 Pakistan will no longer have any domestic Natural Gas, and by 2022 there will no longer be domestic Oil by current production.

Shale Gas and it's technology have revolutionized the European-Russian Relationship. No longer with American Shale Gas Technology will Europe be wholly-fully dependent on Russian Natural Gas to heat the continent in Winter.

Kekra-I block has good reservoir but water wet

473605_1223823_karak1_akhbar.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The Petroleum Division of the Energy Ministry on Sunday said the results of four-month offshore drilling at Indus G-Block called Kekra-I, some 230kms off the Karachi coast, had shown good quality hydrocarbon reservoir, but unfortunately these were water wet.

“After the well control operations, the open hole section drilling was resumed on Friday. The reservoir was encountered at 5,492 meters and so far about 140 meters of reservoir has been drilled. The log results show a good quality reservoir but unfortunately water wet without any gas effect,” said a press release of the Petroleum Division.

Current depth of the well is 5,634 meters while another 55 meters would be drilled before proceeding with P&A (plug and abandon) operations, which has already been approved by the Joint Venture Partners, including Exxon.

The offshore drilling is a joint venture of ENI, Exxon Mobil, Oil and Gas Development Company Limited and Pakistan Petroleum Limited.

The consortium had started drilling activities on January 13, 2019. Hopes for the discovery of large reserves of oil and gas off Karachi coast faded after it was officially announced on Saturday that the much-celebrated offshore drilling in Kekra-1 had been stopped because no reserves were found. The operators of the well have decided to plug it in the coming days. Around 17 attempts have been made in the past, but all remained unsuccessful despite encouraging data from each drilling.

Petroleum Division grants oil exploration licence to Kuwaiti firm

The Petroleum Division has granted Kirthar Pakistan BV — a subsidiary of Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (Kufpec) — the license for exploration of oil in the Makhad block Attock mianwali Chakwal in #Punjab, a press statement by the energy ministry said on Wednesday.

The division said that the government has executed an Exploration Licence (EL) as well as a Petroleum Concession Agreement (PCA) — signed by Petroleum Division Secretary Mian Asad Hayauddin and Qazi Mohammad Saleem Siddiqui, the director general of Petroleum Concessions, and the CEO of Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC) at a ceremony also attended by Minister for Petroleum Omar Ayub Khan.

On the occasion, the petroleum minister said that “the execution of PCA and EL will attract foreign investment in the petroleum sector and bridge the demand and supply gap in the energy sector.”

Khan further said that the efforts will bear fruit in future years in the form of hydrocarbon reserves.

The Makhad block, according to the press release, is situated in Attock, Mianwali and Chakwal in Punjab as well as Kohat in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It is said to be spread over 1,562.92 square kilometres.

Kufpec will invest at least $9.8 million in the block, as per the press release issued. Apart from the minimum firm work commitment, the company is also obligated to spend a minimum of $30,000 per year in Makhad block on social welfare schemes

60968913_2024167554377599_3959958536946974720_n.jpg

KOHAT (Dunya News) – Pakistan Oilfields Limited (POL) with 25 percent shares and MOL have made oil and gas discoveries in MOL operated TAL Block – that is located in the Kohat Plateau of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).

In what can be termed a major boost to petroleum exploration activities in the country, MOL Pakistan has made sizeable oil and gas-condensate discoveries at its exploratory wells.

Initial testing is being considered as extremely encouraging as it showed flow of crude oil at 1,844 barrels per day and 18.25 MMscf of gas. According to the data available, the new reserves will produce 18.2 million cubic feet of gas on daily basis.

The commercial production from the new oil and gas reserves will begin in December this year.

Reportedly, new hydrocarbon reserves have also been found in Makori 2 at TAL block.

This new discovery has derisked exploration in deeper fault blocks in the TAL block leading to new upside opportunities. Further, this new discovery will help to improve the energy security of the country.

The field accounts for 20% of Pakistan s oil production, amounting to 17,000 barrels per day. Six discoveries have been made in the block, the first in 2002 and the most recent in 2011. Oil and Gas Development Company, Pakistan Petroleum Limited and Pakistan Oilfields hold ownership stakes of 28, 28 and 21 percent, respectively, in Tal Block. The field has 55 percent as the success ratio of discovery in Tal Block, compared to 33 percent in other areas. MOL Group is responsible for making further discoveries and has added 145 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom