What's new

Offence against all religions comes under blasphemy law: CJ : Take a Bow Pakistani Judiciary

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Offence against all religions comes under blasphemy law: CJ - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice of Pakistan Tassaduq Hussain Jillani on Tuesday remarked that according to Pakistan Penal Code’s Article 295, offence against any religion comes under the blasphemy law while expressing annoyance for non-registration of cases against culprits involved in setting Hindu temples ablaze in Sindh.

He expressed these remarks while chairing a three-member bench in a suo motu case over Peshawar Church bombing and rights of minorities.

The chief justice announced that due to importance of the case, the court would appoint amicus curiae including Munir A. Malik, Khawaja Haris and Hassan Aurangzaib who would assist the court in the matter without charging any fee.

He also directed the minorities representatives to submit a report which indicates sections where the material has been used to abuse the minorities and identify areas where law enforcing agencies failed to secure their lives and property.

Justice Jillani said that the court would share grievances of the minorities, hinting establishment of a new force to safeguard the minority communities.

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MNA Dr Ramesh Kumar apprised the court that during last two months six untoward incidents happened with the Hindu community where their temples were set ablaze and their religion was not properly honoured and miscreants were not brought to book.

He said that four of the incidents come under the blasphemy law.

Related: 5,000 Hindus migrating to India every year, NA told

Additional Inspector General (AIG) Sindh Police Ali Sher Jhakrani informed the court that the police has arrested five suspected criminals involved in torturing people belonging to minorities but cases were not registered under the blasphemy law.

The chief justice directed him to submit a detailed report over the action taken by police in this context within a week.

The court also directed Advocate General Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to submit a detailed report over the Hindu samadhi in Karak district.

Salim Michael, a member of Justice Helpline informed the court that Young Man Christian Association is a prestigious institution based in Karachi. He complained that the building was being misused by some people and the matter was subjudice in the Sindh High Court (SHC) for a while.

He said the SHC had appointed a ‘Nazir’ – a court official who serves processes, acts as treasurer, and performs other similar duties – to look after the affairs of the club till final decision.

Dr Ramesh Kumar apprised the court that according to the Liaqat-Nehru pact, the chairman of the evacuee property trust should be a Hindu.

On this, the chief justice remarked that the political situation among the two nations was not good so that the accord was not implemented on both sides but the apex court is trying to facilitate them on humanitarian grounds.

During the hearing, the chief justice also hailed the role of Indian Supreme Court for the welfare of minorities in India.

Later, the court adjourned the hearing for one week.

How about getting rid of this UnIslamic and barbaric law once and for all? Why not have a common criminal law for all citizens. Anyone who preaches hate and death against any religious groups should be put behind jails.

Blasphemy law has been constantly misused to settle disputes or settle personal score from what I have heard.

:angel:

Or ammend the law such that, if the plaintiff found guilty of misuse is sentenced to life in prison. I am pretty sure all the bullshit cases will evaporate.

Lets be realistic though the Mullah brigade will not allow it, they will get the poor and brain washed Pakistanis out on the streets to ''defend the honour of Islam''. Pakistan are strange, you don't have jobs, no food, no clothes so lets go out create some riots over a law that does not even help them.

Lets be realistic though the Mullah brigade will not allow it, they will get the poor and brain washed Pakistanis out on the streets to ''defend the honour of Islam''. Pakistan are strange, you don't have jobs, no food, no clothes so lets go out create some riots over a law that does not even help them.

In short Mullahs are the enemy of Pakistan. Time to deport them where they really belong - Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MNA Dr Ramesh Kumar apprised the court that during last two months six untoward incidents happened with the Hindu community where their temples were set ablaze and their religion was not properly honoured and miscreants were not brought to book.
Finally!!!
There's a ray of hope.

How about getting rid of this UnIslamic and barbaric law once and for all? Why not have a common criminal law for all citizens. Anyone who preaches hate and death against any religious groups should be put behind jails.
India too has its Uniform Civil Code ready for Application but is being opposed by Seculars. :D

Its hilarious that what u just suggested is considered communal in India by Congresis. :D

Minority(to be precise Mulla and Maulvis) apeasement against same treatment to all citizens.

India too has its Uniform Civil Code ready for Application but is being opposed by Seculars. :D

Whoever told you that,I think i am a secular and I support UCC.Infact not just me there 're many like me who support it.
How did you even come to that conclusion??

...while expressing annoyance for non-registration of cases against culprits -
Why can't the CJ enforce decisions? Doesn't he directly control marshals or the equivalent?

Whoever told you that,I think i am a secular and I support UCC.Infact not just me there 're many like me who support it.
How did you even come to that conclusion??
Ha Ha. Who said I came to this conclusion? Infact, UPA opposed UCC and they are the SECULARS of our Country.

Ha Ha. Who said I came to this conclusion? Infact, UPA opposed UCC and they are the SECULARS of our Country.
Who gave UPA the secular certificate??
They've by all means shredded the secularism that existed in our country with their appeasement policies.They're juggernauts to our democracy.

Its a useless and a barbaric law. Instead of the Blasphemy law there should be a law against hate speech.

It can be entertaining in certain ways.

Pakistani lawyers accused of blasphemy after protesting against police | World news | theguardian.com

Monday's charges followed a protest in which lawyers shouted slogans against the senior police officer Umar Daraz for allegedly illegally detaining a lawyer in the Jhang district of central Pakistan.

"Lawyers were protesting against police, using foul language and the name of the inspector," the district's police officer, Zeeshan Asghar, told Reuters.

One of the companions of the prophet Muhammad, founder of the Islamic religion, was called Hazrat Umar.

A member of a far-right sectarian party complained that his religious feelings had been offended because the lawyers used the name "Umar" in their protest, and lodged charges with police.

Who gave UPA the secular certificate??
They've by all means shredded the secularism that existed in our country with their appeasement policies.They're juggernauts to our democracy.
He He. I mite give u many names who did gave the certificate. Out of them is Pakista. :D

Back
Top Bottom