Obsession with member's nationality

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
China
Okay, this is not the first time I raise this question, I don't think this should be the last time.

Some member are more interested on my (or someone else's) nationality and this is not the first time I got hit with like, "No, you are not Chinese or anything" on a topic that have nothing to do with my nationality.

Should we ban people from discussion member's nationality in this forum (except if alleged rule violation like misuse of flags) because I honestly don't see why I am being a Chinese (I have a Chinese passport for those who don't know) or I am being an American or Australian or Swedish or Vietnamese would make my post any less creditability?

Yet this is what I been keep hitting at. At a point it is very annoying. And ruining a good discussion

Okay, this is not the first time I raise this question, I don't think this should be the last time.

Some member are more interested on my (or someone else's) nationality and this is not the first time I got hit with like, "No, you are not Chinese or anything" on a topic that have nothing to do with my nationality.

Should we ban people from discussion member's nationality in this forum (except if alleged rule violation like misuse of flags) because I honestly don't see why I am being a Chinese (I have a Chinese passport for those who don't know) or I am being an American or Australian or Swedish or Vietnamese would make my post any less creditability?

Yet this is what I been keep hitting at. At a point it is very annoying. And ruining a good discussion

The Chinese government does not recognize more than one nationality.

You claim to have 5 nationalities. And you have not surrendered them at the embassy.

So you are a foreign national. Simple as that.

Don't like it? Complain to the PRC government at any time. I'm sure they will "review" your suggestion, before continuing with their current policy and PRC nationality law.

It is not that you have to be a citizen to say that this country is prefered. I have lived in many countries and have travelled half the globe, would that make me an offender?

Best solution is to ignore.

You claim to have 5 nationalities. And you have not surrendered them at the embassy.

Don't like it? Complain to the PRC government at any time. I'm sure they will "review" your suggestion, before continuing with their current policy and PRC nationality law.

Not here to debate Nationality law (by the way, it's allowed to keep as per Basic law)

I open this thread because there are a lot of "Nationality Crap" flying around like they mean something to a topic, I don't see how my nationality have any change or gearing on how valid is my point or how my post being credit.

Even here, you are still trying to derail my post by mentioning the nationality law.

This is not about the Chinese government. This is about this forum and the obsession many have with injecting race/ethnicity into any discussion.

Not here to debate Nationality law...
He is an outlier to that 'high Chinese IQ' statistics. To the low end.

This is not about the Chinese government. This is about this forum and the obsession many have with injecting race/ethnicity into any discussion.

He is an outlier to that 'high Chinese IQ' statistics. To the low end.

Really don't understand why people's nationality have to take into consideration in a given topic.

Really don't understand why people's nationality have to take into consideration in a given topic.

Overwhelming majority of the people do not forget their roots. Be it the Mexicans, the Irish, Native Indians or most other nationalities including all or most South East Asians. Yes some European immigrants to the US have not cared about their ancestral origins and have melted into a single new nationality. Now how this affects peoples views is very very obvious. There will always be a little bias, a little hiding of the flaws of their root country in a debate. Therefore by wasting time attacking the person for having a legitimate bias you could attack some other points instead of wasting time. False flaggers or no flaggers get no reply from me. An obvious dishonest person is worth very little of my time. If everyone would follow that format for anyone displaying the wrong flags or no flags things would start changing rather than being forced implemented.

lets get this straight, what does nationality mean? Nationality can be used as an alternative word for ethnicity yet some like to see it as citizenship.

From Nationality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even today the Russian Federation, as an example, consists of various people whose nationality is other than Russian, but who are considered to be Russian subjects and comply with the laws of the federation. Similarly, the term "nationalities of China" refers to cultural groups in China.

If someone possesses a China passport and does not belong to any cultural groups inside China then that person isn't considered as Chinese.

lets get this straight, what does nationality mean? Nationality can be used as an alternative word for ethnicity yet some like to see it as citizenship.

From Nationality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even today the Russian Federation, as an example, consists of various people whose nationality is other than Russian, but who are considered to be Russian subjects and comply with the laws of the federation. Similarly, the term "nationalities of China" refers to cultural groups in China.

If someone possesses a China passport and does not belong to any cultural groups inside China then that person isn't considered as Chinese.

Then why the obsession??

There are no need to go deep in someone else's nationality or passport before every question. What you are saying is illustrating that nationality did not matter. But your view does not shared by many of your compatriot here.

So should I pass a Nationality test before answering all the question? Or should I forward all my Identity document to a collection point before posting in this forum??

I like to claim I am a Chinese Citizens, it does not matter what you think, as long as I have a Chinese Passport, I am a Chinese Citizens. That is not a matter of you, any Chinese Member, Chinese Dragon, or even the forum administration to decided. The sole responsibility of determining who am I belong to the Chinese Government and Chinese Government alone, and considered I just renew my HKSAR passport as well as HK ID Card, I would have think they still consider me as a Chinese Citizens

Hope this put the Identity thing to rest.

Then why the obsession??

There are no need to go deep in someone else's nationality or passport before every question. What you are saying is illustrating that nationality did not matter. But your view does not shared by many of your compatriot here.

So should I pass a Nationality test before answering all the question? Or should I forward all my Identity document to a collection point before posting in this forum??

I like to claim I am a Chinese Citizens, it does not matter what you think, as long as I have a Chinese Passport, I am a Chinese Citizens. That is not a matter of you, any Chinese Member, Chinese Dragon, or even the forum administration to decided. The sole responsibility of determining who am I belong to the Chinese Government and Chinese Government alone, and considered I just renew my HKSAR passport as well as HK ID Card, I would have think they still consider me as a Chinese Citizens

Hope this put the Identity thing to rest.

I already offered to have a quick webcam chat with site administrator Horus, so I can show him my identification documents. Which can easily prove that I am a Hong Konger and a Chinese national. (And he will even see that I am an ethnic Han from reading my original Chinese name on my documents, since my name is very typical for a Hong Kong Han Chinese).

The whole process only takes 5 minutes or so, it's very easy.

You can do the same if you want. :cheers:

Internet, who care where you from or what nationality are you, I give a crap about anything or anyone think of me. Feel like to post shit then post, best they can ban you from the site.

Risk off the rating or thank from the post, I don't see the need for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom