What's new

Obama's prediction on Pakistan not rooted in ground realities: Sartaj

Read My posts again. I said i grasped only parts of it. He was talking with references. I am Not a bloody scholar you know. I have to confirm those. And whatever i did grasp it sounded correct. And it wasnt only me there u know. People more wise and learned than you were all there so plz stop wasting my your time with these pointless posts.
So you might be conveying misinformation, but yet you are convinced that what you understood was a correct solution?

Read My posts again. I said i grasped only parts of it. He was talking with references. I am Not a bloody scholar you know. I have to confirm those. And whatever i did grasp it sounded correct. And it wasnt only me there u know. People more wise and learned than you were all there so plz stop wasting my your time with these pointless posts.

At least you could share with us the parts that you did understand.

Rubbish it all you like but this is a President who is coming to the end of his term with no possibility of re-election, he is free to say things as he sees them- no more poltical complusions. He has been doing so with the gun debate in the US and has now extended this to foreign policy. Maybe the sobering reality of one of the world's most informed (by leiu of the office he holds) is just too hard to swallow but I would ask why would he make such statements if they weren't what he beleived?

@PARIKRAMA @Levina @Syed.Ali.Haider @Taygibay @nair @SpArK @Spectre @Vauban

Last edited:
Rubbish it all you like but this is a President who is coming to the end of his term with no possibility of re-election, he is free to say things has he sees them- no more poltical complusions. He has been doing so with the gun debate in the US and has now extended this to foreign policy. Maybe the sobering reality of one of the world's most informed (by leiu of the office he holds) is just too hard to swallow but I would ask why would be make such statements if they weren't what he beleived?

@PARIKRAMA @Levina @Syed.Ali.Haider @Taygibay @nair @SpArK @Spectre @Vauban

What Obama has said about Pakistan is a very correct assessment.

What Obama has said about Pakistan is a very correct assessment.
The thing he missed in his assessment was the reason behind instability which is US and NATO failure to control the Afghan territory and prevent it from becoming a breeding ground for TTP with continued Indian funding.

The thing he missed in his assessment was the reason behind instability which is US and NATO failure to control the Afghan territory and prevent it from becoming a breeding ground for TTP with continued Indian funding.

Pakistan will never be able to solve its grave problems if it keeps this national mentality of blaming others for its faults. Your house is on fire and it is only you who can put it out, rather than trying to blame someone else for setting it.

Pakistan will never be able to solve its grave problems if it keeps this national mentality of blaming others for its faults. Your house is on fire and it is only you who can put it out, rather than trying to blame someone else for setting it.
Tell me something how TTP having safe heavens in Afghanistan is blaming others? Do you deny that?

Tell me something how TTP having safe heavens in Afghanistan is blaming others? Do you deny that?

Whose responsibility is it to control their border if TTP can come and go as they please?

Whose responsibility is it to control their border if TTP can come and go as they please?
Do you know who objects to Pakistan quest to declare Durand line as international border along with Afghanistan? Securing will only come after that.Also let us agree that Pakistan failed to protect it's border, does it make it justified to give TTP shelter in Afghanistan? Are the Americans not aware of what Afghanistan intelligence agency is up too with RAW? They just chose to look the other way because they don't want to upset their new partner India.

Do you know who objects to Pakistan quest to declare Durand line as international border along with Afghanistan? Securing will only come after that.Also let us agree that Pakistan failed to protect it's border, does it make it justified to give TTP shelter in Afghanistan? Are the Americans not aware of what Afghanistan intelligence agency is up too with RAW? They just chose to look the other way because they don't want to upset their new partner India.

The Durand Line is a recognized international border already, Sir. Your excuses sound exactly like the ones given by India when it complains of infiltration from across the LoC into Kashmir. The responsibility for controlling the border still lies with the country in whose interests it is to control it. Or it puts up with the consequences for not being able to control its own borders.

The Durand Line is a recognized international border already, Sir. Your excuses sound exactly like the ones given by India when it complains of infiltration from across the LoC into Kashmir. The responsibility for controlling the border still lies with the country in whose interests it is to control it. Or it puts up with the consequences for not being able to control its own borders.

You Sir are yet to address the other points i have raised in my post. I already said even if i were to agree with you on securing the border, does it justify US to continue to look the other way while TTP continues to enjoy sanctuaries in Afghanistan at the behest of Afghan intelligence and RAW?
Isnt is ironic that after launching of Zarb-e-Azb US and NATO were asked to mount pressure on the Afghan border so that these scums could not find shelter yet what happened was the exact opposite and yet Obama speaks of instability of Pakistan in years to come. :disagree:

how can the 5th biggest army in world allow USA to drone it s citizens :(

does it justify US to continue to look the other way while TTP continues to enjoy sanctuaries in Afghanistan at the behest of Afghan intelligence and RAW?

Of course USA will follow policies that serve its own national interests. Totally justified. Pakistan needs to do the same for itself, rather than expecting others to do so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom