What's new

Obama's prediction on Pakistan not rooted in ground realities: Sartaj

Weak ? Pakistan is been surrounded .. from all sides ..
from Afghan side , we have TTP , AQ , Afghan Taliban and now ISIS .. from other side we have Indians ..
US and NATO sitting in Afghanistan and yet Taliban are roaming free in Afghanistan , and now ISIS holding ground .. So US and NATO are impotent ? the border is huge and Open between Afghanistan and Pakistan .. it can easy to penetrate and our Tribal's who are constantly supporting Afghans, Tajik and Uzbek's ..

ISIS is pretty weak in South Asia. They rely on power vacuums.....and this means they have to compete with both AQ and Taliban in Afghan hinterland....that too bypassing Iran.

Count me as very suspicious of them making any relevant headway/presence in subcontinent. They may have small offshoots like much smaller versions of Boko Haram but thats about it....should be easy for ISI and PA to deal with....zarb e azb should still be the priority for Pakistan....it will automatically cover anything ISIS throws this way.

ISIS is right now fighting to stay relevant even at its source in the middle east. They will soon be just a memory.

ISIS is pretty weak in South Asia. They rely on power vacuums.....and this means they have to compete with both AQ and Taliban in Afghan hinterland....that too bypassing Iran.

Count me as very suspicious of them making any relevant headway/presence in subcontinent. They may have small offshoots like much smaller versions of Boko Haram but thats about it....should be easy for ISI and PA to deal with....zarb e azb should still be the priority for Pakistan....it will automatically cover anything ISIS throws this way.

ISIS is right now fighting to stay relevant even at its source in the middle east. They will soon be just a memory.

still we cant take the risk .. ISIS can easily get enough support in Pakistan and Afghanistan .. and so in India , they can lay low until they are powerful enough to come out and challenge the Govt's ..
and we Pakistani and Indians will love the idea of fighting proxies in each other's countries ..

US and Nato silence on ISIS gaining ground in Afghanistan must ring bells for countries in region .. US will to eliminate ISIS is not pure at all .. they want to put the burden of their failure on Pakistan .. and they will stoop to any level ..
Pakistan has done well to contain TTP and force them to run in Afghanistan .. and now TTP is roaming in Afghanistan while US chill in their bases with all the over hyped Technology they have ..

just like that ISIS is running radio Program , executing people and yet US let it happen .. they are letting it happen , and once ISIS hold enough ground in Afghanistan they will pack their bags and be gone .. leaving Pakistan to clear the F***** mess ..

ISIS becomes a global Boggy man .. they can be eliminated but people will keep their name to scare Govts and people around the globe ..

ISIS becomes a global Boggy man .. they can be eliminated but people will keep their name to scare Govts and people around the globe ..

Yah, this is crux of the issue that will linger even after the main ISIS is eliminated.

However I am talking only about that ISIS rather than the idea/bogeyman of ISIS.

I agree with most of what you have written.

Yah, this is crux of the issue that will linger even after the main ISIS is eliminated.

However I am talking only about that ISIS rather than the idea/bogeyman of ISIS.

I agree with most of what you have written.

yeah but i believe that ISIS along with its fear needs to be eliminated completely , the Air Campaign can never achieve that , Countries need to lunch a ground offensive .

I think he's just showing his desire to be re-elected, that he is the man who can solve these issues. But knows his future. Anyway he must talk positive being a peace prize holder.

There is always a bit of hubris about Pakistani government officials. Because of which time and again their counterparts from other countries have to put them in their place. Reminding them how poor and stricken the masses are from which they derive their power.

Stability in Pakistan is self evident after dramatic decline in terrorism as a result of GRS lead operation in terrorists strongholds.
Few people can't digest any good news about Pakistan.
I hope Mr Obama is not one of them.......... seriously
let me think again
Majority people in Pakistan, believe that there is foreign support and funding to the elements responsible for blood in the streets.
Who is anti Pakistan and responsible for engineering non state actors in the region ?
There are many harsh questions related to it.

Stability in Pakistan is self evident after dramatic decline in terrorism as a result of GRS lead operation in terrorists strongholds.
Few people can't digest any good news about Pakistan.
I hope Mr Obama is not one of them.......... seriously
let me think again
Majority people in Pakistan, believe that there is foreign support and funding to the elements responsible for blood in the streets.
Who is anti Pakistan and responsible for engineering non state actors in the region ?
There are many harsh questions related to it.
Today i had to Offer Jumma prayer in AL-Huda Institute. When I arrived there, Khutba was going. It was more of an inspiring speech but it was one hell of a speech. The Imam was quite educated he raised some very alarming questions on the Government and Society with quite a lot reference Quran and Ahadith, to the creation of Pakistan, pre Pakistan era, worlds perception of us (Mostly west and with some reference to other Muslim Countries) and Ideas of Conservatives,Liberalism, Secularism etc. It is hard to explain everything here. Everyone should hear that khutba. Most of us wont like that one bit but there were a lot of uncomfortable solutions to our Problems (Especially Our Security.)
Last Part of your post was there too, word to word.

but there were a lot of uncomfortable solutions to our Problems (Especially Our Security.)

Please share those suggested solutions for those of us who were not there to hear it.

As i said they were too long and cant be quoted out of context. One had to be there to understand it fully, And i only grasped some parts of it. Most required required Detailed Knowledge about Quran and Ahadith which i have yet to acquire so i wont quote anything here.
Please share those suggested solutions for those of us who were not there to hear it.

As i said they were too long and cant be quoted out of context. One had to be there to understand it fully, And i only grasped some parts of it. Most required required Detailed Knowledge about Quran and Ahadith which i have yet to acquire so i wont quote anything here.

Please allow me to guess:

Pakistan is in grave danger because it is a true castle of Islam and the enemies of Islam are conspiring to destroy it. However, the nation will defeat them all because it wants true Islam and Sharia in Pakistan. The brave afwaaj will lead us all to victory, but we need to have true Islam in our hearts and impose Sharia across the land. Only then will Allah in the heavens look down kindly upon us and bless us all with His mercy by his appointed regents on Earth.

Or something like that.

Please allow me to guess:

Pakistan is in grave danger because it is a true castle of Islam and the enemies of Islam are conspiring to destroy it. However, the nation will defeat them all because it wants true Islam and Sharia in Pakistan. The brave afwaaj will lead us all to victory, but we need to have true Islam in our hearts and impose Sharia across the land. Only then will Allah in the heavens look down kindly upon us and bless us all with His mercy by his appointed regents on Earth.

Or something like that.
I was expecting this from you. You are too predictable. AND NO!

Last edited:
I never said it is top secret. I just wont be responsible for any misinformation on my part. THey record evry Khutba feel free to request it from them...

So you might be conveying misinformation, but yet you are convinced that what you understood was a correct solution?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom