What's new

Obama told India religious freedom fundamental: State Dept

The "acts of intolerance" would have "shocked Gandhi, the person who helped to liberate that nation," Obama said
|
|
\/
Asked what was her assessment of the current situation of religious freedom in India, Ms Harf said: “I don’t have an assessment of that specifically. Obviously, it’s something we think is very important.”
|
|
\/
When a journalist asked whether the situation had worsened or improved under the Modi government, he US official said: “I’m happy to check with our team and see if we have an assessment of that.”

:lol:

Trolls are having a party here, fact is Obama never said India is intolerant officially. Even if he says officially Indians know what they are and they donot need any certificate from US.

And there is no reason for him to wonder privately, he stayed only 2 days that too spent most of the time with dignitaries.

There is no reason for MEA to respond to this whisper.

I think our image is more hurt by people shitting on the street, children scavenging for good, exploitation of children, Media trial of rape and Poverty. Hindutva is the least of our problems. It is part of the solution.
Agreed bar the last part. How is that part of solution? How does that helps improve the HDI/Living standards of the country?

Agreed bar the last part. How is that part of solution? How does that helps improve the HDI/Living standards of the country?

Because it bring Modi to power and makes him PM. Because it stands for value based politics and Rational thought. Because it stands for fierce Nationalism and ensures India First..

I think our image is more hurt by people shitting on the street, children scavenging for food, exploitation of children, Media trial of rape and Poverty. Hindutva is the least of our problems. It is part of the solution.

I agree with what you said but we need to focus on all of these factors & yes these factors affect our reputation more than Hindutva

Because it bring Modi to power and makes him PM. Because it stands for value based politics and Rational thought. Because it stands for fierce Nationalism and ensures India First..

Agreed,not to forget Modi was by far the best bet that we had at that time

He continues to remain the best bet we have in the next foreseeable future.

I do have to agree with you & personally i want to him to lead the country til 2024 & after that More people like him will jin Politics

I do have to agree with you & personally i want to him to lead the country til 2024 & after that More people like him will jin Politics

Amit Shah needs to transform himself from a General to a King. I hope Modi inducts him into the cabinet by end of this term.

Amit Shah needs to transform himself from a General to a King. I hope Modi inducts him into the cabinet by end of this term.

No need right now,also i think that Doval guy is also very good & is suited for the job of PM

Back
Top Bottom