What's new

Obama Pentagon official says anti-Trump military coup now possible

Impeachment alone means nothing. To remove a president from office requires the president has committed a high crime or misdemeanor and that involves a ruling from the Supreme Court.

As I said, impeachment is unlikely. His biggest concern is the election coming up in four years.

Trump is the best president I have ever seen .

He did more amazing job in two weeks than any other president would do in two terms.

Instead of complaining, angry Pentagon officials should simply enjoy the ride.

Trump is running a close-circle corporate, if they listen to the boss, they will be awarded handsomely.

Besides, since Trump, how many US business decided to stay. Carrier will keep hundreds of jobs.

In addition, 52 percent of voters polled said they would rather have President Obama in the Oval Office, opposed to the 43 percent who support the Trump presidency.
http://nation.com.pk/international/05-Feb-2017/obama-pentagon-official-says-anti-trump-military-coup-now-possibl
Ye Obama kay supporters ghaur janhori rawiya apnaye hoyein hain hamain mandate mila hay :D

A threat to democracy, you mean.... :woot:..... These are conspiracy calls by the opponents that after all he is an elected President. I see him as more beneficial to us as helped to reunite many nations while revealing the true US Intentions as previous Governments (Read Obama etc) were playing sarcastic tune and Trump did it openly. I do agree with @Chinese-Dragon as well that actually Trump is helping the world IMO, in contexts of forcing the Nations to be united and see the real USA.

In the same circumstances, for possible future relations with Countries like old times and influence them through friendly beat once again, there will be hell of cover stories and political statements to divert the focus from USA Policy to Trump Policy only that in the end, he will be blamed not USA though the President is actually pursuing the US policy but this time openly. Other nations at-least became aware that what Langley and Oval Offices thinks about rest of the world so Trump is actually helping us all to understand these policies. IMO, this is what American People want in shape of a person like Trump to be the president that actually, portray the mandate or now CIA is thinking a way of change for USA as well that use to do in foreign countries. On other hand, we may be looking Air out of Balloon very soon and as usual, Trump would be doing like other Presidents what actually Stake Holders wanted them to do.

Interesting times ahead.

Trump is helping the world IMO, in contexts of forcing the Nations to be united and see the real USA.
revealing the true US Intentions as previous Governments (Read Obama etc)
. Other nations at-least became aware that what Langley and Oval Offices thinks about rest of the world so Trump is actually helping us all to understand these policies.

And what is that exactly?

In the same circumstances, for possible future relations with Countries like old times and influence them through friendly beat once again, there will be hell of cover stories and political statements to divert the focus from USA Policy to Trump Policy only that in the end, he will be blamed not USA though the President is actually pursuing the US policy but this time openly.

Trump speaks for himself and his administration only. Some people in the State Department and the CIA have even taken a stand against some of his policies, which is very unusual for any President, and it shows that his policies are not always supported by those in government.

IMO, this is what American People want in shape of a person like Trump to be the president that actually

American voters preferred Hillary Clinton to Trump by a 48-46% margin. Currently, 53% of people in the country disapprove his performance as President (vs. 44% who approve), which is historically low for a newly elected President. Trump doesn't speak for most of us, and never did.

or now CIA is thinking a way of change for USA as well that use to do in foreign countries

If you're implying that the CIA is contemplating an assassination or a coup, you are sorely mistaken. No matter how unpopular or unsuccessful Trump is, he will only be removed peacefully by the voters. If he breaks the law, he will be impeached. However, there will be no assassination or coup. That's not how things work in this country.

On other hand, we may be looking Air out of Balloon very soon and as usual, Trump would be doing like other Presidents what actually Stake Holders wanted them to do.

No. Trust me when I say that Trump is not behaving like most other Presidents, particularity in regards to foreign policy.

No. Trust me when I say that Trump is not behaving like most other Presidents, particularity in regards to foreign policy.

Hmm I sense a lot of déjà vu.

Trump just said to Iran: "All options are on the table".

Trump said to China: "I will brand you as a currency manipulator, I will not let you take over the South China Sea".

Do these statements sound familiar? Have people forgotten so quickly that Obama said exactly the same things?

It's exactly the same as before, the only difference is that Trump is more "honest" about America not being a friend to the world.

Hmm I sense a lot of déjà vu.

Trump just said to Iran: "All options are on the table".

Trump is backpedaling on the Obama administration's policies towards Iran. He campaigned on taking a much harder line with Iran, and criticized the agreements the Obama administration made with Iran. He's clearly not following Obama here and has been pretty vocal about it.

Trump said to China: "I will brand you as a currency manipulator, I will not let you take over the South China Sea".

I do hope you realize that there is more to US foreign policy than Iran and China. Of course Trump's polices on the SCS have not changed, apart from some jingoistic words that mean little.

In any case, I was making a point about US foreign policy across the world, not just China or Iran.

It's exactly the same as before, the only difference is that Trump is more "honest" about America not being a friend to the world.

China and Iran are not the world. People may not like Trump, but most developed nations view the US itself in a favorable light. Particularly in the US's traditional spheres of influence---Europe and East Asia:

GA_2016.06.29_balanceofpower-1-12.png

Obama was personally quite popular, and was trusted by people worldwide:

GA_2016.06.29_balanceofpower-1-00.png

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29...nt-and-u-s-seen-favorably-in-europe-and-asia/

Last edited:
And what is that exactly?

Approach for Muslim Countries especially, that US bombed or preparing for.... but in the end unites many in Muslim World that they actually realized as Muslim leaders praising US and are actually puppet, Trump will help us to filter those puppets and thugs.

Trump speaks for himself and his administration only. Some people in the State Department and the CIA have even taken a stand against some of his policies, which is very unusual for any President, and it shows that his policies are not always supported by those in government.

Then it is fruitful for US and rest of the world.

American voters preferred Hillary Clinton to Trump by a 48-46% margin. Currently, 53% of people in the country disapprove his performance as President (vs. 44% who approve), which is historically low for a newly elected President. Trump doesn't speak for most of us, and never did.

Yes, he became popular due to protests and opposition but after all, he is an elected President and people cannot deny like that or such disapproval holds any weight to throw him out of the office. He was largely supported hence, made it to Presidency and these supporters haven't protest Obama or that party in past like this.

If you're implying that the CIA is contemplating an assassination or a coup, you are sorely mistaken. No matter how unpopular or unsuccessful Trump is, he will only be removed peacefully by the voters. If he breaks the law, he will be impeached. However, there will be no assassination or coup. That's not how things work in this country.

Yes, law must be obeyed otherwise, the same can be harmful for US and will affect the world as well but the question arises, he is President of US and don't you think was largely supported, voted that made it to D.C so how come, opponents throw him out like this?

My friend, he is a businessman, and when such people became powerful like him, most have to follow the path that stake holders have to say as we have experienced two types, Zardari and Nawaz Sharif. However, you are there with most understanding of situation on ground. The way he reacted to the world Especially calling of Islamic Terrorism which is nothing but a brand to cover the mercenaries and has nothing to do with Islam at all, is prominent of his ambitions on the way like Obama, Bush etc.... all. Trump's threat are no different than the war drums during Bush era and open threats to Iraq, Afghanistan and then Kaboom though one can say, Trump may turn this into crusade and seems like there is no war on terrorism but war against Islam under disguise of terrorism is going to be the War of God now. He favoured Israel initially and now I read somewhere that he is against such settlements so there are many accounts yet to be seen but will follow the same path that even threatened EU and is actually a threat to everyone. However, his policies may hold more aggression than other presidents but will be add-on to the current policies and actually, exposed the Pandora Box of US Policies to the world.

Approach for Muslim Countries especially, that US bombed or preparing for.... but in the end unites many in Muslim World that they actually realized as Muslim leaders praising US and are actually puppet, Trump will help us to filter those puppets and thugs.

Well, I don't know what you mean by the "Muslim World". The Muslim World is very diverse and spans a few different continents. They're not united on much, including America. Some Muslim countries like the US, others dislike it. The US has different policies for each country.

As far as "bombing" Muslim countries go, the vast majority of those bombs were dropped on Iraq and Syria to fight ISIS. The rest (a small fraction) dropped on terrorists:

cfl_us_bombs_dropped_2016.png

Surely, you don't support these elements. They harm Muslim countries, not help.

Then it is fruitful for US and rest of the world.

Indeed.

Yes, he became popular due to protests and opposition but after all

No, he did not become unpopular due to the protests. He's always been unpopular:

Donald Trump Favorable Rating - Polls - HuffPost Pollster.png

he is an elected President and people cannot deny like that or such disapproval holds any weight to throw him out of the office. He was largely supported hence, made it to Presidency and these supporters haven't protest Obama or that party in past like this.

He did not receive the most votes on election day, Hillary Clinton did. He did win the electoral college, and therefore, the Presidency. But it is incorrect to say that he was supported by most Americans. He was not:

Hillary received 65,844,954 votes (48%) to Trump's 62,979,879 votes (46%).

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

Yes, law must be obeyed otherwise, the same can be harmful for US and will affect the world as well but the question arises, he is President of US and don't you think was largely supported, voted that made it to D.C so how come, opponents throw him out like this?

My point was only that the CIA is not going to get involved in politics. As for Trump, he will either be defeated or reelected in four years. His reelection chances don't look good right now, assuming the Democrats nominate a good candidate.

My friend, he is a businessman, and when such people became powerful like him, most have to follow the path that stake holders have to say as we have experienced two types, Zardari and Nawaz Sharif. However, you are there with most understanding of situation on ground. The way he reacted to the world Especially calling of Islamic Terrorism which is nothing but a brand to cover the mercenaries and has nothing to do with Islam at all, is prominent of his ambitions on the way like Obama, Bush etc.... all. Trump's threat are no different than the war drums during Bush era and open threats to Iraq, Afghanistan and then Kaboom though one can say, Trump may turn this into crusade and seems like there is no war on terrorism but war against Islam under disguise of terrorism is going to be the War of God now.

Sir, with all due respect, there is no "war on Islam". To suggest so is absurd, most Muslim countries have not seen any military incursion by the US. I have no idea what would be gained in such a war. Unless you consider a war on ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabaab, Boko-Haram, and the Taliban as a "war on Islam". I certainly hope you don't.

He favoured Israel initially and now I read somewhere that he is against such settlements so there are many accounts yet to be seen but will follow the same path that even threatened EU and is actually a threat to everyone. However, his policies may hold more aggression than other presidents but will be add-on to the current policies and actually, exposed the Pandora Box of US Policies to the world.

As I said, Trump speaks only for himself and his administration. The actions of other Presidents and their administrations speak for themselves, not Trump. You may disagree with some US policies, and that's fine. No two countries will agree on everything. And ultimately, every country in the world is looking out for its own interests. However, not everything the US does in the world is controversial. It contributes many positive things to the world as well.

Well, I don't know what you mean by the "Muslim World". The Muslim World is very diverse and spans a few different continents. They're not united on much, including America. Some Muslim countries like the US, others dislike it. The US has different policies for each country.

As far as "bombing" Muslim countries go, the vast majority of those bombs were dropped on Iraq and Syria to fight ISIS. The rest (a small fraction) dropped on terrorists:

View attachment 374913

Surely, you don't support these elements. They harm Muslim countries, not help.

Indeed.

No, he did not become unpopular due to the protests. He's always been unpopular:

View attachment 374924

He did not receive the most votes on election day, Hillary Clinton did. He did win the electoral college, and therefore, the Presidency. But it is incorrect to say that he was supported by most Americans. He was not:

Hillary received 65,844,954 votes (48%) to Trump's 62,979,879 votes (46%).

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

My point was only that the CIA is not going to get involved in politics. As for Trump, he will either be defeated or reelected in four years. His reelection chances don't look good right now, assuming the Democrats nominate a good candidate.

Sir, with all due respect, there is no "war on Islam". To suggest so is absurd, most Muslim countries have not seen any military incursion by the US. I have no idea what would be gained in such a war. Unless you consider a war on ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabaab, Boko-Haram, and the Taliban as a "war on Islam". I certainly hope you don't.

As I said, Trump speaks only for himself and his administration. The actions of other Presidents and their administrations speak for themselves, not Trump. You may disagree with some US policies, and that's fine. No two countries will agree on everything. And ultimately, every country in the world is looking out for its own interests. However, not everything the US does in the world is controversial. It contributes many positive things to the world as well.

Well, ISIS is later production than first attack of Iraq for WMD's which were not there.... Read Blair confession and Bush accompanying him... However, I was referring such points to explain the post. Today's terrorists in Afghanistan were actually blue eyed boys for US yesterday (Read USSR defeat in Afghanistan here). The discussion may divert the topic so not going further than this. In short, actually, policies w.r.t. fighting the terrorism are only defined as either to say Radical Islam, to fight ISIS, Al-Qaeda etc but all in all, it is always Islam the terrorist and other shooters are either spoiled childhood, mentally ill, due to depression and divorce, student had a fight at home shot mates in school/college so am saying that it is up-to the policy of one how it defines the terrorism of self and others while on other hand, how explains the need of war for itself yet want others not to defend but be banned from travel. These Seven countries are not terrorists and there are many terrorists in US as well that burnt Masjids, killed many innocents etc and also, if you are aware of the ISIS much, you may be aware that where the most fighters came from..... ISIS came into being like yesterday but the history of dropping bombs goes further back then.... However, I don't want to play blame game here but only stated what Trump is actually doing today is like doing openly yet previous Governments were doing the same thing but with a lot diplomacy and secretly that many leaders were part of the scheme.

If electoral college votes him and not public then what good use of such college vote is, which actually does not present People but a different mandate or in other words, it actually represents USA and not necessarily to be people. He banned several countries entry into US, a Judge suspended the same and maintained status quo of previous policy and this Guy started to badmouth the Judge and even presumed that bad people/terrorists would enter US due to such Court Verdict.

However, he is today's US president and the way he is threatening EU, Muslim Countries, China etc then seems like he has no agenda but being a businessman, he is pursuing the dream of himself as well as his sponsors to the Presidency.

True that CIA is not going to do such thing openly at all but there are ways and could be applied here for the best of the public interest against a person who is becoming a threat to US itself being President or being opposite to the US Policy.

The irony is, every terrorist is found to be Muslim in the end and almost every Muslim Country is under influence of US due to the same and true that, Muslim leaders are responsible for such situation and when West questions such people as they are responsible for the day and such leaders, IMO, same need to be applied for US as well as Trump is true representation of people of US and US Policies. The same way that Muslims are mostly branded as Radical Islamists and other brands, which is a sole purpose to wage a war and nothing else and Yes, I have no sympathy with ISIS etc at all that causes more damage to Islam than anyone else. Look what TTP has done in Pakistan and I ma sure that you will be aware of our sacrifices (From Civilians to Military) in this war against terrorism. But the way most Islamic Countries are invaded or either manipulated to push them on brink of war, is totally injustice and not the fight against Terrorism at whole. Read Iraq before US Attack and there is no threat of ISIS etc but speculated WMD's that too proven fake but world was introduced with cancer like ISIS after that war. Look at Afghanistan after USSR defeat, the same US Beloved Taliban were ruling the country but what, 9/11 and attack on Afghanistan that introduced the rest of the world with hundreds of 9/11s even in Muslim Countries that sided US in war against Terrorism. Look at Syria, if US couldn't clean it or has to support one factions, shouldn't have entered at all to leave them like this or on the mercy of terrorists from both end like ISIS at one and ASSAD at other hand. I am actually searching for the video that US Defence Committee grilled US General over Syria issue and clearly stated that actually US handed over Syria to Russia in platter as well as betrayed the people that believed in US (during Obama last year I think). So, there are reasons for the hate against US in Islamic Countries and does hold a weight too that one cannot discard the same by saying lies only.

Trump's current presidency style is actually good enough to punish US for all such that EU is pushing away, people in Islamic world are actually opposing US more than before. Yes, the same Islamic world that is left even after all those bombings, manipulation, greed of leaders for the West/US and the love of money being deliberately exploited and there are unseen forces that Langley office knows best. Direct US Military incursion is not the WAR alone but there are different means/types & ways to do so like in the name of war against Terrorism, economic war, civil unrest, sanctions that pushes country towards rebellion, hosting the rebels and traitors of those countries yet securing black money and business of those leaders for own benefits and supporting the corrupt lot of all times to govern the people.

You are right that every President is actually responsible for his own actions and policies that he carried along and indeed, there are good done by US in the world as well that I don't deny however, a President actually represents the Country's policy and people. However, if this guy continued, we may see the spark of war way before it is expected and on other hand, his current statements and all actually helping us to spank our US Loving Leaders that most are corrupt to core and have stored looted money abroad. Hopefully, Trump will help us by unveiling them openly and telling their real crimes to the world even if due to grudge of Muslim country or whatsoever, but still would help us a lot and I wouldn't mind him doing so. On other hand, if he continues to hide our leaders crimes, US will be hated same as before because friend to the leaders but not the public that very few are aware about them.

I am merely stating how I see Trump and US today that I may be wrong at some points but not at all.

I foresee no chance for coup however there is some possibility about his impeachment

But in my humble opinion he will resign after 2 years citing his health condition as there will be immense deadlock between his madness/racist approach and other American institutions and he will be under immense pressure from military to devise such policy that will not compromise America's interests... he of course want to see America great again but the steps he is taking so far, if such trend continued... he will resign in 2 years

He'll only resign if the GOP throws up so many obstacles in Congress that he can't get anything done. Otherwise he'll stay if office no matter how sick he may get.

No way man, Trump is doing an amazing job (for the rest of the world, not for America). He should continue full speed. :enjoy:

We need another four years of Trump after this term. Things are going very smoothly. I hope Trump keeps up his ban and others pledges.

Having just discovered this article, but Rosa Brooks are not only stupid, but dangerous. She's advocating a military coup in a democracy? How depraved does her thinking have to be to even come up with such an idea. That she's a Democrat just proves how unhinged they have become in face of Trump's victory that they are starting to talk like idiots.

Nominate a better candidate next time.

Unbelievable!

I thought Donald Trump is vastly unpopular in the United States.

I thought Donald Trump is vastly unpopular in the United States.

He is very unpopular. But unpopular doesn't = staging a coup.

If that was the case, then just about every member of Congress would have a coup against them :lol:

Not to mention just about every president.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom