What's new

Obama may not visit Pakistan in his November Asia tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus

Reaction score
Pak not in Obama's itinerary to Asia in November: White House

WASHINGTON: There is no discussion to add Pakistan in the US President Barack Obama's itinerary when he visits India and other Asian nations in November, the White House has said.

"I haven't heard any discussion of that," White House Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton said when asked if there was any chance that President might add Pakistan to his trip to Asia.

Burton said the US was doing everything to help flood-hit Pakistan as "this catastrophe was one that's on a human scale and widespread."

"We've given them tens of millions of dollars in aid. US helicopters and C-130s were there delivering hundreds of thousands of pounds of food and medical supplies. We are responding to all the requests that come in from the Pakistani government. We're working with them and NGOs on the ground to ensure that we're doing all that we can to help them out," he said.

He said that the US' relationship with Pakistan was more than just about fighting armed extremists

"We are hoping to help them where we can. The US is going to continue to do its part to help those folks that have been so terribly affected," Burton said..

Meanwhile, State Department spokesman P J Crowley said floods were expanding in Pakistan and in the coming days, the response (for aid) would pick up as people would understand the magnitude of this (flood).

"You have an unfolding immediate disaster but then you have also a long-term recovery that will be vitally important. We are already reassessing the programs that we have put in place as part of our revised strategy for the region," Crowley said.

He said that the US was already reassessing the projects.

"Some of those that we have already announced would have to be recalibrated and reprioritised because the school that perhaps we hoped to rebuild is now gone. So this will be something that we'll be dealing with for some time, but we do actually expect - and tomorrow's event will certainly help in this regard," he said.

Source: Pak not in Obama's itinerary to Asia in November: White House - US - World - The Times of India

i can give 100% he will go there his india tour is meaning less now

Right now Pakistan has other more important thinks in hand (flood) then worrying about some visit.

I wish India annowns MMRCA winner before his visit otherwise every one know what can happen
i really dont want american jets in AIF

I like ET

It seem I am definitely out of the loop. Whats going on between the US & India that is stirring this resentment??

Obama took Indians for a ride before the elections. He was talking about attacking Pakistan and going into Pakistan. I remember Indians being very supportive of his nomination.

Now he's completely changed his mind and is actually doing quite the opposite - giving Pakistan lots of aid and trying to get out of Afghanistan ASAP. Clearly the Indians are hurt.

I actually laugh at how he took the Indians for a ride. :rofl:

Obama took Indians for a ride before the elections. He was talking about attacking Pakistan and going into Pakistan. I remember Indians being very supportive of his nomination.

Now he's completely changed his mind and is actually doing quite the opposite - giving Pakistan lots of aid and trying to get out of Afghanistan ASAP. Clearly the Indians are hurt.

America making their base in Pakistan so China cant make it i think thats much batter for India
And i think you are living in dream world america not gonna leave Afganistan before 7-8 years or may be they can after that time .you cna take ex of IRAQ........ till that time Afganistan is on the way of progress

laughing is good for you..but u see what the cost u have paid for these aids. i leave it on you to determine it. as far as india is concern we have successful achieved our diplomatic goals. u got the waiver from NSG. have the access to the best of technology. US is offering us high end weapons that i guess u know very well. we are doing business on our terms. India and US will enter into other sectors like infrastructure, science, education, technology, healthcare etc. like we did with UK. so pls dont remain under the false impression that millitary deal is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom