What's new

Obama Chews Gum, Chinese Internet Goes Ballistic

gaawd!!
Obama's chewing gum habit made to the headlines???
Though I'm not surprised that he hopped into a limousine which might 've been more secure compared to hongaqi cars.

You could punish your kid in China in such a way freely, that American parent could be arrested if applied to their kids.

View attachment 150224

I support Democracy and human right, you forget?

Do you mean American, especially Mr. Obama also missing in education at a very early age? by do something alien to Chinese view ?

It is just silly of you to show a kid on the street :bad:
Ridiculous
The kid is just a common people. Obama is the president of usa
But the people of America should be feeling ashamed of having a President who disregard basic social etiquette on a national level :o:
You are not supporting anything but taking every opportunities to launch a "China-Bashing" compaign on PDF 24/7,:guns:LOSER!

I think it is very bad manners, although maybe Obama don't think that, that's his problem, and I don't find other American president like obama do such bad manners while meet with other country's leader.

I don't angry, but it is very funny that a vietnamese argue on this, and seems connect the manner with so-called democracy, I can say, can be more stupid, don't know whether Obama like the flattering from you.

When Obama visit your vietnamese president or PM, don't forget preparing gum for him, and don't know what your president like, if he like Popsicle, prepare them for your president, then they all can be comfortable in the meeting, I also will be "comfortable" while seeing the scene:-)

Last, BoQ77, keep posting more "funny" threads and comments, we all like you. And I am thinking, it is time USA back to Vietname, hehe!

Obama is an amateurish leader. You can tell his inexperience dealing with foreign affair.

How this could be considered as China Bashing?
If you want something more "formal" you should invite the Queen Elizabeth II of United Kingdom not freedom American like Mr. Obama.

It is just silly of you to show a kid on the street :bad:
Ridiculous
The kid is just a common people. Obama is the president of usa
But the people of America should be feeling ashamed of having a President who disregard basic social etiquette on a national level :o:
You are not supporting anything but taking every opportunities to launch a "China-Bashing" compaign on PDF,:guns:LOSER!

How this could be considered as China Bashing?
If you want something more "formal" you should invite the Queen Elizabeth II of United Kingdom not freedom American like Mr. Obama.

Who are you defending above and what have you been up to in your contemptible marathon run of picking on China is absolutely ridiculous. :bad:

Who are you defending above and what have you been up to in your contemptible marathon run of picking on China is absolutely ridiculous. :bad:

We love president act just like a normal guy working for a salary, not as an Emperor.
American is not always with a "polite manner" as you expect.

It's not surprise to make a wrong guess Obama family with a backpacker tourist group.
It's very normal.

American with chewing gum, always. Accept it. Dont judge it by Chinese eyes.
Once upon a time, Chinese people doesn't chew gum, nowaday they chewed a lot.
They don't eat while walking in the past, nowaday they do.

They still pick a nose, clear their throat, spit everywhere ...which consider impolite in Western eyes.

article-2027541-0D7EF16700000578-824_634x480.jpg

We love president act just like a normal guy working for a salary, not as an Emperor.
American is not always with a "polite manner" as you expect.

It's not surprise to make a wrong guess Obama family with a backpacker tourist group.
It's very normal.

American with chewing gum, always. Accept it. Dont judge it by Chinese eyes.
Once upon a time, Chinese people doesn't chew gum, nowaday they chewed a lot.
They don't eat while walking in the past, nowaday they do.

They still pick a nose, clear their throat, spit everywhere ...which consider impolite in Western eyes.

View attachment 150240

if you want to kiss his arse it is up to you
What the case at hand is proper national manners to be expected of a head of state in a high profiled international event:o:8-)

Unluckily, you have no right to vote a US president.
He lasts two session as US president while keep his habit to chew Nicorette.

Now, support some human rights equal "kiss someone arse" in Chinese view.

Obama emerged from his car chewing gum; he's a well-known user of Nicorette, the smoking-cessation gum. But Chinese Internet users, accustomed to the highly formal standards of their stiff party leadership, quickly characterized the leader of the world's most powerful nation as an impolite "idler," or careless "rapper."

"We made this meeting so luxurious, with singing and dancing, but see Obama, stepping out of his car chewing gum like an idler," wrote Yin Hong, a professor of journalism at Beijing's Tsinghua University, on the Twitter-like Sina Weibo micro-blog service. Twitter, like Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, is banned in China, whose censors fear such services could aid political protest.

Why I can't help laughing, someone is mad, and just a laughing stock.

R.I.P

Democratic party fight for democracy, in order to do as many thing as they can.
So chewing a gum is free to them everywhere, of course
Barack Obama's gum chewing at Beijing summit offends Chinese who call him a 'rapper' | Daily Mail Online
lol,read these comments.
Catherine, Australia, Australia, 14 hours ago
I'mwith the Chinese on this. How disgusting to be chewing gum (of any variety)during representative occasions.

Jack Butler, Newport News, United States, 1 hour ago
It's adisgusting habit at any time in public, but an incredible gaff under thesecircumstances. What's next, picking his nose?

fossilcouchpotato, London, United Kingdom, 12 hours ago
Gumchewing is bad manner in any meeting anywhere in the world. A leader of acountry doing this is just plain stupid.

GreatSouthernLand, Melbourne, Australia, 11 hours ago
@fossil; Go to the US, the few times l have been there, every second person ischewing the stuff, then spit it on the street. Chewy does have it's positivesit keeps the salvia moving about in the mouth and if the right chewy is chewed,it helps with the teeth, they need the salvia. But to be chewing on it at theSummit is a bit crass and inadequate manners.

jenisoutherngirl, Bham USA, United States, 12 hours ago
HaHaHa!You've got to know understand your audience I suppose. However, most Americansknow that it is rude (and tacky) to be chompin' all up on your mouth full ofgum especially at a public event.

mkr193, Boston, United States, 12 hours ago
Chewinggum at a public event is pretty rude when you're the center of attention.Instead of chewing Nicorette, he could have used nicotine patches.

Andrea, buckingahm, United Kingdom, 13 hours ago
You'dthink one of his advisers would tell him what isn't socially acceptable inother cultures. I know he probably thinks that everything American is cool -but many American customs are not and chewing gum whilst talking is just plainrude.

glen1946, Texas, 9 hours ago
He waschewing gum at a Memorial Ceremony. No manners, how can a person reachadulthood, put on a formal suit and not know that chewing gum at the functionis really bad manners? Is it deliberate to show contempt?

See?That's nothing to do with "freedom",it's about good manner especially as a president.
Primitive society has a lot of freedom.BUT,it's a way of life for monkeys.We Chinese have NO superstition with unlimited freedom,morals and education is our tradition value.Your default position on politics has leaded your judgement.Such a shame to be in the Hua Xia Culture Circle.

殖民后的安南简直是中华文化圈之耻,蛮子果然还是蛮子

He is probably nervous. Chewing some gum helps.

Overly stressed, more or less. I mean, his party suffered an overwhelming defeat in the midterm elections. Now, the Republican Party controls the House of Representatives as well as the U.S. Senate.

Overly stressed, more or less. I mean, his party suffered an overwhelming defeat in the midterm elections. Now, the Republican Party controls the House of Representatives as well as the U.S. Senate.

It was Nicorette gum. Obama was definitely stressed out. Not a big deal that he chewed gum, IMO. Not the best etiquette? No doubt. Worthy of an internet firestorm? Probably not.

Back
Top Bottom