What's new

Oasis in desert: Thar mine project under CPEC

All that is based on estimates, not what actually is happening on ground not considering the treatment being done........secondly, i work for another company which has built 02 power plants in thar under SECMC, being involved as senior engineer i can say that we take pollution very seriously and these plants are not polluting rather transforming the lives of thar people....
I Personally dnt like PPP but this project under SECMC is the best thing ever done in pakistan. I really appreciate govt commitment, there were usual red tapes in project but PPP delivered on its promises and project was completed ahead of time and with budget to spare.....if anybody wants to see what pak can achieve with public and private sector go visit those areas in thar....and see the development being done.....i snt know why our news channels never show this

Last edited:
he already did by posting a report by 2 "Pakistan-loving" bharatis in America, see all of the 3 posts above yours

perhaps now googling hard to find some more so called 'source', 'evidence' to minimize the embarrassment lol

it is a think tank that was founded in 1985 in the United States. and we all know how much America loves Sino-Pak joint projects like CPEC. don't we?

oooh lookee here .Nandikesh Sivalingam, its director is a fragrant bharati
View attachment 713090
Sunil Dahiya, Analyst
View attachment 713091
Bro, awesome job. You dug deeper, fully penetrated this propaganda $hitty US-India NGOs.

The linkedin page tell a lot. A $hitty anti Pakistan China org.

@HAIDER, no offense. as I said, China built 2000 Thar alike power station at home near big cities in China. It's fine.

Most importantly, Pakistan don't need to pay a penny foreign exchange for the damn coal, it can power the plant for damn 1000 years.

Bro, awesome job. You dug deeper, fully penetrated this propaganda $hitty US-India NGOs.

The linkedin page tell a lot. A $hitty anti Pakistan China org.

@HAIDER, no offense. as I said, China built 2000 Thar alike power station at home near big cities in China. It's fine.

Most importantly, Pakistan don't need to pay a penny foreign exchange for the damn coal, it can power the plant for damn 1000 years.
I agree on saving the foreign exchange by not importing fuel to pump the plants and Pakistan economic condition doesn't allow to flow out the foreign exchange when billions of debate are past due. But, It's been proven coal has negative impact on environment. As of now, US closed almost 48 plants and soon closed remaining plants. In 3rd world country like Pakistan has no choice to generate energy from local resources. It's long debate. I can post hundreds of studies and article. Even Paris Accord on environment discuss about coal power plants.
If you read Paris Accord on Climate change covers the impact of coal on environment.

All that is based on estimates, not what actually is happening on ground not considering the treatment being done........secondly, i work for another company which has built 02 power plants in thar under SECMC, being involved as senior engineer i can say that we take pollution very seriously and these plants are not polluting rather transforming the lives of thar people....
I Personally dnt like PPP but this project under SECMC is the best thing ever done in pakistan. I really appreciate govt commitment, there were usual red tapes in project but PPP delivered on its promises and project was completed ahead of time and with budget to spare.....if anybody wants to see what pak can achieve with public and private sector go visit those areas in thar....and see the development being done.....i snt know why our news channels never show this
I have no problem of running this plant, but here the question of environment issue. If someone say coal doesn't have impact in environment ...o well, Europe and US closing such plants and adopting environment friendly energy plants. Which we can't afford. I travel inside US and seen even small localities in farming areas where wind pressure is high are adopting wind power plants, govt provide subsidiaries and also promote solar power plants with special financing programs etc ..

I agree on saving the foreign exchange by not importing fuel to pump the plants and Pakistan economic condition doesn't allow to flow out the foreign exchange when billions of debate are past due. But, It's been proven coal has negative impact on environment. As of now, US closed almost 48 plants and soon closed remaining plants. In 3rd world country like Pakistan has no choice to generate energy from local resources. It's long debate. I can post hundreds of studies and article. Even Paris Accord on environment discuss about coal power plants.
If you read Paris Accord on Climate change covers the impact of coal on environment.

Paris Accord is a scam. Don't laugh, bro. I am not Trump.
Climate change is true, but climate change has little to do with Pakistan.

1612323487475.png

Per capita electricity consumption

Coal Consumption by Country

1612322951367.png

1612322936326.png

1612322922953.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coal/coal-consumption-by-country/

1612323099327.png

1612323120566.png

1612323141691.png

List of countries by electricity consumption - Wikipedia

Back