What's new

NYT writer is absolutely right: Delhi is literally unliveable place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the size,demographics and societal conditions in India,it has to take the revolution of unimaginable scale to overcome the problem.
If you want to see a clean capital,you might want to visit Islamabad.
It is one the most clean and well planned capitals on Earth but we are trying our best to reverse the condition.lol

U have worst air pollution in delhi. How can that be reversed? Is it possible
We are expanding Metro, pounding more Diesel, CNG powered Buses, bring Electric Rickshaws , Building Mono Rail , implementing higher emission standard (currently Bharat Stage IV may be upgraded to V), banning more than 10 year old vehicles, promoting to use Public Transport.

May be in future we could get this
DSCN5948.jpg

sky-bus.jpg

Given the size,demographics and societal conditions in India,it has to take the revolution of unimaginable scale to overcome the problem.
If you want to see a clean capital,you might want to visit Islamabad.
It is one the most clean and well planned capitals on Earth but we are trying our best to reverse the condition.lol

If some rich in New Delhi donates their garden then it would be better than Islamabad.
Islamabad is just a hill station for elites & bureaucrats where poor & lower middle class have no place so before comparing Islamabad always keep in mind garden in New Delhi.

Is the pollution really that bad???? WTF!!!

Is the pollution really that bad???? WTF!!!
Yup .... and funny thing is everyone is blaming modi, when the responsibility lies with kejru + congress that let the situation deteriorate so bad.

We are expanding Metro, pounding more Diesel, CNG powered Buses, bring Electric Rickshaws , Building Mono Rail , implementing higher emission standard (currently Bharat Stage IV may be upgraded to V), banning more than 10 year old vehicles, promoting to use Public Transport.

DSCN5948.jpg

sky-bus.jpg

If some rich in New Delhi donates their garden then it would be better than Islamabad.
Islamabad is just a hill station for elites & bureaucrats where poor & lower middle class have no place so before comparing Islamabad always keep in mind garden in New Delhi.
:rofl:

Did u even read my post before posting this stupidity.

Totally agree.. people are delhi are becoming more arrogant, self centered and mean. thus thinking about themselves without caring or respecting the city and its heritage. Every corner of the city is nothing but a dustbin. I have seen how this city has turned into a garbage hole from a green city couple of decades ago. We used to be have lush garderns, ponds, beautiful weather, sky and ample amount of rain..But in the madness of so called development we ended up creating a concreate jungle, illegal colonies, unplanned infrastructure, unplanned sewage etc.
We are further choking delhi by creating unplanned so called satellite towns. It feels pain to see a wonderful city becoming a laughing stock and specially when we know what are the reason, what causes these issue ,and what should be done but nothing is being done.

The writer is right about Delhi, but wrong about other parts India. Agreed most of North India is indeed is a shit hole. He should vist South Indian cities ( Bangalore, Hyderabad, Trivendrum, Kochin, Mangalore and Goa). Even foreign tourists praise cities like Mangalore, Bangalore

May be I don't able to comprehend your special english :lol:

You just made a bum out of yourself.
Last time I checked "maybe" and "may be" weren't interchangeable and "able" was an adjective. And it's "English" with a capital "E".
Apparently you're not getting your periods either. :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

DSCN5948.jpg

sky-bus.jpg

Tell me more jokes..
Islamabad is just a hill station for elites & bureaucrats where poor & lower middle class have no place so before comparing Islamabad always keep in mind garden in New Delhi.I invite you to Islamabad to see the poor and lower middle class in numbers for yourself.However,you'll see a sharp difference that our poor class doesn't defecate in open land.Leave that aside,our donkeys and cows feel shy in defecating on the streets of Isb.:-D

I am OK with anyone who lived in Eu, Ca/US calling India filthy, but pakistanis, of all people? that requires a LOL..

lol No need to prove ... i believe you...I just wanted to see for myself.

Its the VICE episode from last week...
It was quite disgusting to say the least...

We need a Lee Kuan Yew type personality to rule with an iron hand...
Sometimes I wish Sanjay Gandhi was still alive...He was the last Indian politician to show those kinda cajones...

As of now, we as Indians have to suffer this shame of polluting our beautiful land and rivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom