What's new

NYT writer is absolutely right: Delhi is literally unliveable place

Status
Not open for further replies.
China has made strides in containing pollution. India should ask for China's assistance, co-operation between the two, will have positive impact not just on the environment but also on the regional Geo-politics.

Thx we surely will

China has made strides in containing pollution. India should ask for China's assistance, co-operation between the two, will have positive impact not just on the environment but also on the regional Geo-politics.
Yup lives are at stake.... no time for politics here....kids and adults are losing lung capacity .

NYT writer is absolutely right: Delhi is literally a shithole; but so is all of India: courtsey so called Indian News Portal FIRSTPOST and Indian flagger Kahonapyarhai.
Though its obvious that both are totally Biased but on rare occasions they unintentionally help us to improve with their 'Facts-based' criticism.

In his recent overseas tour, Prime Minister Narendra Modi claimed that earlier Indians felt ashamed of being born in India, but now they feel proud. Do they? His point was political. He thought that the change of government in India makes its people proud. But in reality, Indians should still be ashamed because outsiders find their country too filthy to live in; the filth that has permeated every state of matter — solid, liquid, gas and perhaps even plasma

Due to the gigantic size of industrialization, and massive consumerism like cars & air-conditioners, air pollution is one area China's suffering as well. According to WHO report, cities like Lanzhou, Beijing, are quite high on the list.

What Koestler and Naipaul wrote in the sixties and what Harris wrote in 2015 are not anecdotal, but are borne out by facts. According to WHO, India accounts for 90 percent of open defecation in South Asia and 59 percent of the practice in the world. It also accounts for more than twice the number of open defecations of the 18 countries that come after it in the WHO list.

There has been a research "Open Defecation and Childhood Stunting in India: An Ecological Analysis of New Data from 112 Districts" led by US National Library of Medicine - National Institutes of Health, UNICEF and WHO, relating the matters to a serious consequence of childhood stunting, which is a huge and persistent public health challenge in light of that a vast proportion of the country is under the age of 18.

Open Defecation and Childhood Stunting in India: An Ecological Analysis of New Data from 112 Districts

Thanks, but a lot more efforts still be required especially for many inland cities like Lanzhou, and the idea of assistance or co-op won't be necessary.

Last edited:
BC kalesh hogaya hai
Pata nahi meri Delhi ka kya hoga
Bete kat le.....pata chala shaadi ke kuch saal baad impotent ho gaya pollution se. :rofl:
Biwi aadhi property leke kat legi
But atleast you have free bijili *(6 ghante power cut)
And free pani * (with seweage ):whistle:

No actuallyy i am asking ,how it could be done,?how air couldbe cleaned? What scientific methods
I donot have alink to prove what I am about to say. It's just what I have read and saw on Discovery Science one evening. There are industrial size air scrubbers which can sanitize an entire Industrial complex's air under a couple of minute. This is an actual system that has been long installed in BARC, Tarapur. I dunno if its foreign or local tech. But the operating principle draws air through multiple filter fabrics and big tanks of special chemical soaked, porous ceramic balls. Those chemicals dissolve the harmful chemicals and keep the environment free from harmful contaminants.

Now a similar system was showed in a ginormous scale on Discovery channel. It was used to suck air from atmosphere and dissolve CO2,CH4 etc from it, effectively scrubbing a sizable portion of Green House gases from the atmosphere. They did this experiment in a stadium and after about 8 hrs the latent levels of these gases fell by a fraction. This theoretically proves that we can do it in an open environment but it might not be that feasible unless we have some breakthrough in related technologies.

Bete kat le.....pata chala shaadi ke kuch saal baad impotent ho gaya pollution se. :rofl:
Biwi aadhi property leke kat legi
But atleast you have free bijili *(6 ghante power cut)
And free pani * (with seweage ):whistle:

:mad::mad::mad:

Was in Delhi early this year with some foreigners and man, I was embarrassed by the conditions at some places in Delhi.
Not the sign of regional hegemon.

Yesterday I was watching a documetery on water contamination all over the world, there was a piece about India where people were being supplied water by tankers in the field covered with human feces, these people dragging water hoses on the ground and then putting those hoses inside the water tanker to get their water. The Indian correspondent who was an NRI got sick watching it and vomited. That's the future super power we are talking about.

Yesterday I was watching a documetery on water contamination all over the world, there was a piece about India where people were being supplied water by tankers in the field covered with human feces, these people dragging water hoses on the ground and then putting those hoses inside the water tanker to get their water. The Indian correspondent who was an NRI got sick watching it and vomited. That's the future super power we are talking about.
link to the documentary or name

link to the documentary or name

sorry it was on some TV channel here in Canada, while watching it I didnt realize I will have to prove it to Indian PDFers or I could have noted everything about it

Wonderful read.

It's all true. I've been saying the same thing.

India is literally hell on earth. There is so much wrong with the country it boggles the mind.

sorry it was on some TV channel here in Canada, while watching it I didnt realize I will have to prove it to Indian PDFers or I could have noted everything about it
lol No need to prove ... i believe you...I just wanted to see for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom