What's new

NYT says India’s pace of IT innovation slow. How is Pakistan doing?

And as I said earlier, this is the area where India is already a market leader and is gallopping up the value chain.

I cant agree with this notion any more. Though India still is a leader but it isnt doing that good , i mean the Indian IT growth has reached its max , Infact last year some of the Indian companies lost some of the contracts from US and middle East based business giants. OTOH Pakistani IT infrastructure certinly dosent matches to that of India but the Industry here has seen alot of growth over the last few years . The probable reasons were the relative low costs for a solution and plus highly efficient CRM(Customer Relation Management) . CRM is one area where Pakistan has certainly made a huge leap.

I cant agree with this notion any more. Though India still is a leader but it isnt doing that good , i mean the Indian IT growth has reached its max , Infact last year some of the Indian companies lost some of the contracts from US and middle East based business giants. OTOH Pakistani IT infrastructure certinly dosent matches to that of India but the Industry here has seen alot of growth over the last few years . The probable reasons were the relative low costs for a solution and plus highly efficient CRM(Customer Relation Management) . CRM is one area where Pakistan has certainly made a huge leap.

CRM is a software module and its customer relationship management. Its not a man to man service if you referring to to that.

yah, you are bang on.. indians forgot to invent 1 after that, tho they knew they will be pulled up by desiguy 1000 yrs later....they invented 0 to 9 but missed 1... :rofl:

Was that a Joke???:what::blink::undecided:

Though these platforms were developed in US but it was Indian IT brain which derived these platforms for further enhancements. The Indian contributions in the development and enhancement of these technologies cannot be ignored . Infact some of the Indian authors have written globaly renowned text books on these technologies. Many Indian profetionals have contributed to the Java open source software developement(The movement originated from MIT) and web desighning tools like the struts framework and alot more ..!

Correct me i i am wrong.

Agreed some books were written by Indian, but the main source of their information was America. right?

what i am saying is that, it was America who first built and than very few Indian were part of that process.

And in these very few American, many of them must have studied in American universities.

Well I-Know-All sir...field is all yours.

As I said previously, I'm done with you. I've answered all your points multiple times but you refuse to comprehend. Let the audience here read the thread and come to their own conclusions. Adios.

Members here are mixing up things. Some members are talking about innovation of new products by India IT sector. Some members are talking about innovation by India companies. As this thread is about innovation in Information and technology sector by India, I will stick to that.

Before giving out some example of innovations in Indian IT sector, I want to give some facts about india IT sector.

1.Indian IT sector starts its real growth from 1995 onwards. So in that case our IT industry in just 15 years old. Whereas, IT industry of US, EU are more than 40 years old.

2.For investing more money into R & D a company must have a good balance sheet. India stated economic liberalization in 1991. So our companies used to face many hurdles earlier.

3.If we talk about 3 top India IT companies today (i.e. TCS, Infosys and Wipro.), they were nowhere in the picture in 1990. But today the headcount of these 3 companies are more than 3,50,000. They have a great balance sheet and now they are investing in R & D.

Now let me show you some innovations made in India. It may be done by a foreign company or an Indian company. But Indians are part of these innovations.

Microsoft India Development Center

MSIDC has contributed to the filing of 220 patents by Microsoft Corp in the last four years and also received the Top Innovator Award from Dataquest in 2006.

I do not know how many of you have heard about Polaris. This is an Indian company founded in 1993. If you want to know about their innovation in banking and financial software products, do visit the below given site. After opening the site go to the Products, where you can find the products they are offering. Polaris began its journey over 25 years ago when it partnered with Citibank to create India's first ATM system. In 1993, Polaris was recognized by the Smithsonian Institute for creating the FIRST Banking solution on distributed architecture.

Polaris

Have any member heard about Finacle?? This is a product of Infosys, which provides banking and financial solutions. Finacle is the universal banking solution of choice of Tier I and Tier II banks and large regional banks across the world. Leading universal, retail and corporate banks worldwide leverage the power of Finacle to transform their business. Finacle customers are spread across 65 countries across the world and include names such as ABN Amro Bank, ANZ Bank, Arab National Bank, BBVA, Credit Suisse, DBS Bank, Emirates Bank, ICICI Bank, Mizuho Financial Group, and Zurich Financial Services.

Finacle – Infosys

If you are unaware about certain things, it does not mean it do not exist!!!

Back
Top Bottom