What's new

Nuclear war between India and Pakistan not as unlikely as you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
You write as if I'm in charge of Pakistan's nuclear program.

There is a reason why India did not invade Pakistan after the mumbai tragedy, same thing after the parliament attack.

Whether it is a bluff or not, it doesn't matter. As long as the threat exists, a chance of nuclear war (no matter how small) deters both sides from taking even limited military action.

There is absolutely no way two nuclear powers will be allowed to directly engage each other militarily, the world won't tolerate it. A third party intervention is inevitable when it comes to India and Pakistan, that's just a reality. Even a 0.0000001% chance of nuclear weapon usage forces the UNSC to act to stop any war.

Like it or not, the threat of a nuclear response HAS stopped war between the two, and previously, just like it stopped the USSR and the US. You trying to suggest otherwise doesn't change anything, because in the end, it is all about perception. As long as the world believes a nuclear war is possible (as it rightfully does), your entire argument gets thrown right out of the water.

India is not going to makes any concessions with kashmir. Pakistani army has to decide what they want to do.

america and russia did not attack each other cities. if pakistani backed militants are traced to mumbai style attacks the chances of Indian military action in Pakistan grows.

War between Pakistan and India is inevitable. Until both exist on face of the earth war will continue to take place, same goes for Israel vs Muslim world.
How much oil reserve does Pakistan have to sustain war ? How many days ?

You write as if I'm in charge of Pakistan's nuclear program.

There is a reason why India did not invade Pakistan after the mumbai tragedy, same thing after the parliament attack.

Whether it is a bluff or not, it doesn't matter. As long as the threat exists, a chance of nuclear war (no matter how small) deters both sides from taking even limited military action.

There is absolutely no way two nuclear powers will be allowed to directly engage each other militarily, the world won't tolerate it. A third party intervention is inevitable when it comes to India and Pakistan, that's just a reality. Even a 0.0000001% chance of nuclear weapon usage forces the UNSC to act to stop any war.

Like it or not, the threat of a nuclear response HAS stopped war between the two, and previously, just like it stopped the USSR and the US. You trying to suggest otherwise doesn't change anything, because in the end, it is all about perception. As long as the world believes a nuclear war is possible (as it rightfully does), your entire argument gets thrown right out of the water.
Stupid argument.. Kargil happened after both countries became nuclear power.

How much oil reserve does Pakistan have to sustain war ? How many days ?

Stupid argument.. Kargil happened after both countries became nuclear power.
Armed Forces are building separate oil reserves for themselves

Armed Forces are building separate oil reserves for themselves
Armed forces always have separate oil reserves. I'm asking what is it's longevity before civilian reserves start taking a hit ? You are well informed guy, I expect a definitive answer.

HEY GUYS I AM NEW HERE!
FIRST OF ALL GREAT FORUM AND THNX TO THE TEAM FOR MAKING ME A PART OF IT.
STANNIS SAID TRUE THAT NUCLEAR WEAPONS ONLY BRING STABILITY. THE BECOMING OF NUCLEAR POWERS TOOK THEM AWAY FROM THE POINT OF WAR. WELL SAID:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom