What's new

Nuclear Triad In Place: India Gets K-4 SLBM Out Of The Closet

@amardeep mishra
On a side note, what you make out of recent rankings of IITD and IISc among the top 200 univerities.
Since my own immediate sister and brother are from IISc (PhDs over 15-18 years back), it seems there has been a lot of harping from IIT D folks being superior and taking pot shots on IISc folks. Your views on that? Or you feel its logical? Or you think Chest thumping?

@amardeep mishra
On a side note, what you make out of recent rankings of IITD and IISc among the top 200 univerities.
Since my own immediate sister and brother are from IISc (PhDs over 15-18 years back), it seems there has been a lot of harping from IIT D folks being superior and taking pot shots on IISc folks. Your views on that? Or you feel its logical? Or you think Chest thumping?

OK it is like this-
the folks at IITs particularly the first 5 IIT viz the IITB,IITM,IITK,IITD,IITKGP are extremely brilliant and out of the league- why?because to get admission into any of the academic programmes into these 5 you needed to have an AIR lesser than 2500(gen category-circa 2010 when i took the test).
IISC is a different thing altogether- it is india's best academic research institute,to get admission in post graduate programmes in IISC you need to take GATE(which is way simpler than JEE,here by simple i mean the competition isnt as tough as JEE). folks at IISC are more bent towards research(after all it is a pure research institure unlike IIT).
But if i have to compare only the students then of course the students of IIT(particularly the first 5) are more brilliant than those at IISC-othing to offend anyone- but it is a truth!
However when we compare the quality or quantity of research,IISC is way better than any of the IITs(including my own IITM)
TO be quite honest,we need more IISC type institutes because in IITs the main focus is towards grooming the Btech whereas in IISC-there is no btech hence they can focus better on research activities.Amazingly a lot of big shot people in research in india are in IISC

Last edited:
Yeah it is the result that counts,I agree, but to get results, you need to put in a "LOT OF EFFORTS" right?and those efforts are manifested in the form of numerous research papers that come of Indian academia and industry that you CHOOSE to overlook.
Why can't you point out, what your sane world calls "patents and research papers" indicating Pakistani contribution in aerospace industry in general and jf17 in particular?
Ever wondered how many patents are filed in Indian patent office as against Pakistani patents office?
Ever wondered how your "inefficient" HAL files close to 800 patents every year(that is 8 times more than the combined patent output of your country)?
My friend in case you can't read research papers or have difficulty reading them,I'd gladly post a plethora of such literature from Indian academia and industry, so that you can appreciate what is happening here!
What you call as failure of kaveri engine, is infact a huge learning lesson for GTRE and they've launched a completely new series of engines named ,MANEK drawing from the experience of kaveri

Ps-My professor has a patent on prediction and control of Combustion instability in turbofan engines
On a serious note what do you think of the research culture of Pakistan and it's abysmally low research and patent output vis a vis India?

Salute to MSR Prasad and his team. India is proud of you respected Sir.

@amardeep mishra please, u mau know better. But please don't reveal anything near to technology. Its not good. Remember RAW is watching. :D

Back
Top Bottom