What's new

Nuclear espionage whistleblower: “The Pakistani nuclear bomb is made in Holland”

Having used and maintained industrial centrifuges it blows my mind that in the 70s Pakistan had the industrial expertise to build hundreds of centrifuges ?
Industrial centrifuges have a rpm of around max 10000, while I was reading these nuclear gas centrifuges have a rpm of 90000.
If someone asked me to just copy the alfa lavel centrifuges that I have used, it would be tough without the right steel, heat treatment, machining facilities and high speed very low clearance bearings.
The plates also have to be perfectly balanced.
Just stealing drawings means nothing.
I would think that the chinese maybe had a bigger hand in setting up the equipment then is acknowledged. Or maybe even the Americans gave a helping hand who knows.

Indigenous Pakistani development... see details how they increased the RPM..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Qadeer_Khan

steal? seriously?do you have any Idea how American Soviets British Israelis
acquire nukes?
what would you call Indian sneaking into canadian Nuclear plant?

"Sneaking" ? Well, If you want to draw parallels, first get out of "The World is AGAINST PAKISTAN" and then we will talk.

Khan DID Steal. Period.
Its all together a different story, that despite of his "stolen" work PAEC did a commendable job.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-untold-story-the-real-father-of-pakistans-nuclear-progarm.217072/

AQ Khan Documentary :

And if you wish to get Testimonials of Condolizza Rice, Former Dutch PM and even Several Pakistanis... go here :

"Sneaking" ? Well, If you want to draw parallels, first get out of "The World is AGAINST PAKISTAN" and then we will talk.

Khan DID Steal. Period.
Its all together a different story, that despite of his "stolen" work PAEC did a commendable job.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-untold-story-the-real-father-of-pakistans-nuclear-progarm.217072/

AQ Khan Documentary :

And if you wish to get Testimonials of Condolizza Rice, Former Dutch PM and even Several Pakistanis... go here :

you didnt answer my Question how did American and soviets got their hands on Nuke?
Was it also STEALING according to your highness?
American stealing from Nazis and soviets stealing from US
seems like whole world is theif except ofcourse mother India who have nukes for like 5
Millennium

Khan DID Steal. Period.

AQ Khan Documentary :

Haha! Sensationalism at its best...

Indigenous Pakistani development... see details how they increased the RPM..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Qadeer_Khan
Wikipedia ?? Even this more or less claims that Abdul qadeer was a very minor part of pakistan's bomb.

Here is something more substantial.
https://fas.org/issues/nonprolifera...ogy/centrifuges-nuclear-weapon-proliferation/

"While designing and building centrifuges has become easier, it is still not yet easy. A nation could secretly develop centrifuge capability by importing key components and assembling centrifuges domestically. Manufacture requires access to materials, parts and precision machine tools that are not universally available and are unusual enough that monitoring their trade internationally is feasible. Therefore, it is possible to limit the proliferation and diversion of sensitive technology and curb the development of this potentially dangerous technical capability. To this objective, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has defined an export “trigger list”, which is a comprehensive directory of suspect imports [1]. Below are listed a few key items that could be controlled to thwart development of a centrifuge program.
Centrifuge performance depends critically on the speed of rotation of the rotor, which depends, in turn, on the strength of the rotor material (or, more precisely, on its strength to density ratio). Most efforts to build centrifuges begin with 700-series aluminum-zinc alloys as rotor material. Such alloys are produced by only a few manufacturers and their international trade is monitored under IAEA regulations. Maraging steel has an even higher strength-to-density ratio. Maraging steel is a complex material whose properties depend not simply on its composition, but on the careful control of its annealing. Both of aluminum and maraging steel must be shaped with precision machine tools that are becoming more common but are still rare enough that they are monitored under IAEA agreements. Today’s highest performance centrifuges use fiberglass or carbon fiber rotors with extremely high strength-to-density ratios. While these materials may be easier to obtain, their precision manufacture is challenging and also requires special equipment.
Other key components of centrifuges are the high-speed motors and the variable-frequency power supplies that drive them. The power supplies have limited industrial applications and allow some opportunity for monitoring and control. Ancillary and test equipment is also important, including vibrational test systems, machine tools, multi-plane balancing instruments, mass spectrometers, vacuum pumps, and certain chemicals".

Theoretical knowledge is important but existing facilities and expertise are more important.
Its my belief that either China or the ever pliable europeans(French) have a very big hand in the centrifuges.
I am not trying to put Pakistan down but even producing good quality mild steel requires a lot of expertise.

we should now come out of nuclear tests and think further it has become past now alot more needed to become strong and prosperous nation

Yes. Ton of progress has been through, so Pakistan is way too advance in this field now.

You think united states or russia made its own nuclear bombs at first? Nah those were german designs.

That's not true. I agree in the sense that ppl have forgotten it's dangers as more and more time has passed since nukes were dropped on Japan and since the Cold War(with constant threat of nuclear winter)...but that's just average everyday civilians...

Thankfully those in charge(around the world) still know the potential devastation of nukes and therefore nuclear deterrence still works as evident by nuclear powers not engaging each other directly.
Absolutely, these are real weapons with devastating consequences and ready to be used,sad as it may be.

Back
Top Bottom