What's new

Nuclear disaster inevitable in India – look what happened in France

Neo, Isn't Pakistan also keen to increase her nuclear energy footprint?

Do you disagree with the whole concept of nuclear energy on safety grounds or is it just India specific?

Check my previous post, I raised security concern for both countries, not just India.
If things can go wrong in France they can go wrong in South Asia including Pakistan and India.

^^ I agree. But do you oppose nuclear energy per se on account of it's risks?

^^ I agree. But do you oppose nuclear energy per se on account of it's risks?

No I don't, nuclear energy is the future and both India and Pakistan should embrace it. Though like the author I too am worried about the infrastructral security structure. I'd hate to see obsolete technology being installed in whatever we can grab. More so for Pakistan since our options are limited.

How appreciative are you guys of anti Pak news & articles ??

As far as I am concerned by sending the kind of reply you have,you too join the league of " Gloat over you neighbors discomfiture " club in S Asia. What the hell .. are we ever going to raise ourselves above such petty jealousies and prejudices ? We are like the proverbial crabs from S Asia who when exported are not put in a box with a lid. .. Simply coz whenever one tries to get out of the box, the others pull him down !

No one is running away from realities, goof ups will / may happen. So what ? Why Chenobyl, are you aware of how many leaks have gone unreported in US or other parts of the world ?

I do not think anyone should bother what India is an example of, even at our worst we are consistent in National interests & foreign policy.

No need to get personal, you don't know me!

No I don't, nuclear energy is the future and both India and Pakistan should embrace it. Though like the author I too am worried about the infrastructral security structure. I'd hate to see obsolete technology being installed in whatever we can grab. More so for Pakistan since our options are limited.

Very true. The governmnets should make sure that proper safety equipment are installed and procedures followed.

In India, it would be the private players who may get the lion's share of the nuclear energy business and the need to ensure that profits don't get the better of security remains. Although it would be the really big and globally respected private players who get the business.

Neo, I agree with your points here that country should worry about nuclear security.
But posting a crap article which talks all negative about India shows it is written by either an idiot or anti Indian, article does not seriously talk about nuclear security, but it simply saying that nuclear disaster in inevitable in India.
I think you posted this article becoming bit emotional.

Back
Top Bottom