What's new

NSC unanimously terms Nawaz's statement on Mumbai attacks as 'incorrect and misleading'

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NSC slams Nawaz’s Mumbai attack statement, calls it ‘incorrect and misleading’
By Kamran Yousaf
Published: May 14, 2018
15SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1709645-image-1526279776-895-640x480.jpg

NSC meeting

ISLAMABAD: The National Security Committee (NSC) meeting on Monday termed former premier Nawaz Sharif’s comments regarding the 26/11 Mumbai attacks as “incorrect and misleading”, said a statement released by the government.

In a one-point agenda meeting pertaining to the remarks made by Nawaz, representatives of the three branches of the armed forces, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa, National Security Adviser (NSA) Nasser Khan Janjuga, Director-General Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Naveed Mukhtar and other senior cabinet officials were present. Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi chaired the meeting.

“The meeting reviewed the recent statement in the context of Mumbai attacks, as it appeared in the Daily Dawn of 12th May 2018, and unanimously termed this statement as incorrect and misleading,” said the statement.

NSC convened after Sharif stirs new row

The high-level huddle further observed that it was “very unfortunate that the opinion arising out of either misconceptions or grievances was being presented in disregard of concrete facts and realities”.

Participants of the meeting further rejected the allegations and condemned assertions based on false beliefs.

In a rare occurrence, Leader of the Opposition Khursheed Shah, was also summoned to the meeting in a special request by the army chief, as opposition leader isn’t part of the official NSC panel.

The meeting lasted approximately for two and half hours. The PM took Nawaz into confidence before issuing the official NSC presser.

“The meeting recalled that it was not Pakistan, but India that has delayed the finalisation of the case. Besides many other refusals during the investigation, the denial of access to the principal accused, Ajmal Qasab, and his extraordinarily hurried execution became the core impediment in the finalisation of the trial. At the same time Pakistan continues to wait for cooperation from India on the infamous Kulbhushan Jadhav and Samjhota Express episodes,” the press release read.

Three-time former prime minister Nawaz has been in the limelight for months, but for all the wrong reasons. On Sunday, he was once again making the headlines, and this time for stirring a new controversy on Pakistan’s role in the November 2008 Mumbai attacks.

“Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?” Sharif asked in an interview to Dawn.

“We have isolated ourselves. Despite giving sacrifices, our narrative is not being accepted. Afghanistan’s narrative is being accepted, but ours is not. We must look into it,” he added.

His remarks were immediately picked up by Indian media, which termed the former prime minister’s statement as a confession of Pakistan’s role in the Mumbai attacks that left 166 people dead.

Back home, opposition parties including the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) launched a broadside against Sharif, calling him a security threat.

Even PML-N stalwart Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, the former interior minister, did not endorse Sharif’s statement. He held India responsible for the delay in the trial of the Mumbai attack suspects.

The meeting was being convened on the suggestion of Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa, said Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director-General Major-General Asif Ghafoor.

Nawaz chided by Imran, Nisar for statement on Mumbai attacks

The PM Office usually issues statements on the NSC. However, it remained tight-lipped on the issue.

Although Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and his cabinet members did not offer any statement, the ruling party did issue a statement clarifying that Sharif’s statement was misquoted and blown out of proportion by Indian channels and a section of the Pakistani media.

NSC unanimously terms Nawaz's statement on Mumbai attacks as 'incorrect and misleading'
Dawn.com | Sanaullah KhanUpdated May 14, 2018
Facebook Count4
Twitter Share

A meeting of the National Security Committee (NSC), the country’s top civil-military body, was held on Monday to discuss the situation arising out of the recent remarks of PML-N supreme leader Nawaz Sharif about the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

"The meeting reviewed the recent statement in the context of Mumbai attacks, as it appeared in the Daily Dawn of 12th May 2018, and unanimously termed this statement as incorrect and misleading," said a statement issued after the meeting.

"The participants observed that it was very unfortunate that the opinion arising out of either misconceptions or grievances was being presented in disregard of concrete facts and realities. The participants unanimously rejected the allegations and condemned the fallacious assertions."

According to the handout, it was recalled during the meeting that the delay in conclusion of Mumbai attack case was caused by India, not Pakistan.

"Besides many other refusals during the investigation, the denial of access to the principal accused, Ajmal Qasab, and his extraordinarily hurried execution became the core impediment in the finalisation of the trial."

Meanwhile, Pakistan continues to await cooperation from India regarding the arrest of Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav and the Samjhota Express attack, the statement said.

"The National Security Committee resolved that Pakistan shall continue to play its due role in fighting the war against terrorism at all fronts," it concluded.

Following the meeting, Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi met Sharif, who earlier in the day during a chat with reporters read excerpts from his interview to Dawn and dispelled the notion that the comments were falsely attributed to him. "Will speak the truth come what may," he said. "What did I say that was wrong in the interview?"

Presided over by Prime Minister Abbasi, the NSC meeting was attended by Defence and Foreign Minister Khurram Dastgir, Finance Minister Miftah Ismail, Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua, National Security Adviser (NSA) Retired Lt General Nasser Khan Janjua, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Gen Zubair Hayat, the director generals of Inter-Services Intelligence and Military Intelligence, and the three services chiefs.

The convening of the meeting was announced by the military's media wing on Sunday evening.

“(The) NSC meeting suggested to (the) prime minister to discuss recent misleading media statement regarding Bombay (Mumbai) incident. Being held tomorrow (Monday) morning,” Director General of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor had shared through his official account on Twitter.

Political analysts believe that these latest developments indicate further aggravation in the already tense civil-military relationship at a time when elections are just a couple of months away, Dawn reported. They believe that the announcement by the ISPR chief through social media indicates that the military authorities have decided to seriously take up the issue and that they want Prime Minister Abbasi’s stance over the matter.

In an exclusive interview to Dawn published on Saturday, Sharif while speaking on matters related to the country’s foreign policy had stated: “Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?” He was referring to the Mumbai attacks-related trial proceedings which have stalled in the Rawalpindi anti-terrorism court.

“It’s absolutely unacceptable. This is exactly what we are struggling for. President Putin has said it. President Xi has said it,” Sharif had said.

Soon after the publication of Sharif's interview, the Indian media blew up his remarks, terming it an admission on part of the former prime minister that non-state actors from Pakistan were involved in the Mumbai attacks in which terrorists had killed more than 150 people and injured over 300 others in about a dozen shooting and bombing attacks in different localities.

I told you all before , result of this meeting will be 000000000000000 , PM Abbasi fully involved in this traitorous act, his protocol officer gave siril vip protocol , in short he and his office fully onboard on this.
And after meeting that PM also meet with that ahole............
For nora and group , Pakistan is not important ,they will be happy to break Pakistan and join India and Make greater Punjab (As said by zardari) ......... Just check how mafia of PML-N defending noora and his statement , just look at tweets and tv appearance of memebers of this Mafia (PML-N).
The meeting lasted approximately for two and half hours. The PM took Nawaz into confidence before issuing the official NSC presser.
Gen. Bajawa should wear bangles ....

Last edited:
Guys please hold your horses, there is democracy not communism in Pakistan. It will take time for proceedings etc hopefully Nawaz will pay for this mischief :yes4:

@volatile @Champion_Usmani @Valar @Kabira @Tameem [/USER] DO YOU THINK NAWAZ SHARIF DID THE RIGHT THING BY CALLING A FALSE FLAG MUMBAI ATTACK AS OURS?

WHILE ALL HE HAD TO SAY ABOUT KULBHUSHAN WAS "KULBHUSHAN IS INDIAN SPY AND SOLDIER"

WOW, NOT A TERRORIST BUT A SPY AND SOLDIER. WOW what an honor your highness.

Watch what the pink snouted BAITULKHALAI MAKHLOOQ had reaffirmed about his deliberate statement:

اُن سب لوگوں کو ڈوب مرنا چاہئے جن لوگوں نے اسغدار کو پالا پوسا اور اقدار دیلوا ،اُن کو بھی ڈوبمرنا چاہئے جن لوگوں نے زردا ر ی سے ایں آر او کیا ،یہ لوگ کیانی ،مشرف،باجوہ قومی مجرم ہیں ان لوگوں نے مُلک کو غداروں کے حوالے کیا اور خود مزے سے ریٹائرمنٹ ک بعد رہیں گے اور ہمکو ان کتوں کا سامنے ڈال دیا ھے

Gen. Bajawa should wear bangles ....
Sir they just don't want to make him Siyasi shaheed and even N.S himself wanted that...let him play like toad Altaf Hussain and ruin his life.

'What did I say that was wrong': Nawaz responds to controversy around remarks on Mumbai attacks

Ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday defended his recent remarks about the 2008 Mumbai attacks — which have stirred a controversy in Pakistan as well as across the border in India — asking, "What did I say that was wrong in the interview?"

Nawaz, while talking to reporters outside an accountability court in Islamabad, read excerpts from his interview to Dawn during which he spoke on matters related to the country’s foreign policy.

“Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?” he had asked in the interview, referring to the Mumbai attacks-related trial proceedings which have stalled in the Rawalpindi anti-terrorism court.

Soon after the publication of Nawaz’s interview on Saturday, the Indian media blew up his remarks, terming it an 'admission' on part of the former prime minister about Pakistan's involvement in the Mumbai attacks.

Subsequently, the party issued a clarification on Sunday, saying that the Indian media had “grossly misinterpreted” Nawaz’s remarks. The army, also on Sunday, had 'suggested' to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi to convene a meeting of the National Security Committee (NSC), the country’s top civil-military body, to "discuss misleading media statement regarding Bombay incident". The NSC meeting was held today in Islamabad.

Differences within the ruling party surfaced following the issuance of contradictory statements by the Sharif brothers on the issue. While Nawaz did not at all contradict his remarks, his younger brother and PML-N president Shahbaz Sharif, who is also the chief minister of Punjab, issued a statement on Sunday, saying that the news report had “incorrectly attributed certain remarks to PML-N Quaid Nawaz Sharif, which do not represent PML-N’s party policy”.

In the statement, which Shahbaz issued as the party president but through the Punjab government’s Directorate General Public Relations, he said the PML-N “rejects all assertions, direct or implied, made in the news report of Dawn.”

His older brother, however, on Monday dispelled the notion that the comments were falsely attributed to him, saying that he will speak the truth come what may.

"Former president Pervez Musharraf, former interior minister Rehman Malik and former National Security Adviser Major-General (retd) Mehmood Durrani had already confirmed [what I said]," he added.

"Despite our 50,000 sacrifices [of lives], why is the world not paying heed to our narrative? And the person who is asking this question has been labelled a traitor."

He also called out those local media outlets that had criticised his words. "I am being called a traitor on the media — they [the media] are being made to call me a traitor."

"Are those who tore apart the country and the Constitution patriots? Are those who pulled out judges from their offices patriots?"

Earlier on Sunday, without naming Nawaz directly, former interior minister Chaudhary Nisar had addressed the PML-N supremo's question: "Why can’t we complete the [Mumbai attacks] trial?"

Nisar, under whose watch the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) was investigating the Mumbai attacks, had emphasised that the Indian government was to blame for the hold-up in the trial. He added that since the assault took place in the Indian financial capital, it was the Indian government which possessed "90 per cent of the evidence and facts" of the incident.

Nawaz, when asked by a reporter on Monday to comment on the impression that India has been reluctant to provide evidence in the case, responded: "There is no shortage of evidence — there is plenty of evidence."

Another reporter pointed to Nawaz's acknowledgment of the presence of "non-state actors", to which Maryam Nawaz, who was accompanying her father, replied: "So then who was Zarb-i-Azb [military operation] conducted against?"

The former premier, however, interrupted and refrained his daughter from speaking any further.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1407622/w...-controversy-around-remarks-on-mumbai-attacks

Nawaz did this by design, not accidentally.

All he wants is talks and NSC sending PM to Nawaz is just a start, a stern warning but Nawaz knows that next step shall be talks because that's what he wanted. (Read the consequence at the end of this post also in bold)

They have the illegal wealth covered with the Offshore amnesty scheme that everyone has already forgotten.

Look at the situation from his POV. Nawaz wants space for baji till elections. His stance is don't push me too far, I am a patriot but you have to talk to me and Give me space to breath, that's all I want is space for my daughter or else I shall scream as a consequence.

This is all calculated, read my earlier post if you missed it:
This game had started much earlier. It has yet to peak but because of another lame attempt in the name of NSC meeting now, it shall peak after the same.

I was screaming for a blanket media ban on Bakvas Sharif and Maryam since GT road Lahore yatra times; "issue him a warning...issue them both with another after Second contempt, then ban them after the third from any media coverage." But the ever tentative judiciary missed the bus.

This ban is still got its value but after the trial verdicts when a case is launched against Nawaz for breaching his oath as PM.

Nawaz should then be blanket banned for life from any media coverage exactly like Altaf Hussain.

But for now, This is exactly a time to show hikmat exactly because he now has made yet another deliberate attempt to incite and agitate Army into making a false move while the world is watching ever more intensely towards Pakistan to make a false move.

Look at the tools of choice: Dawn, Cyril, Outrageous answer to unrelated question.

This is a time to expedite his panama trial and give verdicts as soon as care takers are in power.

What Sharifs Wanted?
1) Lure, Pressurise, incite, divide Judiciary.
2) Lure Establishment into support.
3) Blackmail that I will reveal all in my heart.
4) play victim and garner widespread support.

If above fails then:
1) Create excuse to bulldoze cases at any cost.
2) Save ill gotten wealth at any cost.
3) Take revenge from Pak Army at any cost.
If all above fails then : NA KHAIDAN GAY, NA KHAIDAN DIAN GAY.

I'm pressed for time, I had a detailed and structured post in mind but this will have to do for now.

Bottom line, we need to put down this rabid existence in a systematic way, "Sanp bhee marr ja'ay aur lathee bhee na totay"
What you are suggesting in your rage might end up in its opposite. More later, In Sha Allah.

Don't focus on the media hype...concentrate on cause and effect.

Let's see how Army handles it i.e play in the hands of Nawaz or call his bluff and makes sure the whole family goes behind bars before the elections or not. That's the game.

Told you nothing happened before, nothing will happen now. We are known to make compromises on issues of national security. The list keeps getting longer.

Guys please hold your horses, there is democracy not communism in Pakistan. It will take time for proceedings etc hopefully Nawaz will pay for this mischief :yes4:
YAEH DEMOCRACY MY REAR END,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, TRAITOR SHOULD BE HANGED,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT MADE PM 3 TIMES IN PAKISTAN
NAWAZ MADE BAJWA AS COAS========SO HE CANT DO A DICKK

Incorrect and Misleading that's it. Fock it what about the ramifications tell us about that. If i overspeed or cross the red light i will bear the consequences . I guess law is for us peasants

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom