What's new

NSA declassified documents pertaining to 1971 conflict

Nixon and Kissinger share much of the blame for the 1971 tragedy.

If only these idiots were not playing their little cold war games, a lot of human suffering and tragedy could have been avoided.

The war did not last two weeks,starting from 25th march to 16th december,almost nine months.India entered the war officially on dec 3rd,correct me if I am wrong.
Even I think 3 million is over exaggerated but 300000 might be more accurate figure.

Exactly .. the figure of 300K was actually on both sides. Excesses were done by all parties involved including Indian RAW supported counter insurgency in which civilians were killed & raped on the name of PA just to sow hatred amongst the population.

Of course our heads bow down in shame for the debacle of 1971 in which we had to fight with our own brothers but it was never a genocide and nobody in West Pakistan would have supported any sort of genocide. It was a gross political misadventure of Bhutto & Mujib and ultimately the people of the country had to pay the price.

Having said that it is very good that both sides seperated and have their own affairs to manage and now can develop a better understanding of each other.

Exactly .. the figure of 300K was actually on both sides. Excesses were done by all parties involved including Indian RAW supported counter insurgency in which civilians were killed & raped on the name of PA just to sow hatred amongst the population.

Of course our heads bow down in shame for the debacle of 1971 in which we had to fight with our own brothers but it was never a genocide and nobody in West Pakistan would have supported any sort of genocide. It was a gross political misadventure of Bhutto & Mujib and ultimately the people of the country had to pay the price.

Having said that it is very good that both sides seperated and have their own affairs to manage and now can develop a better understanding of each other.

300000 lives are not a small number,this does mean there was a genocide.Pakistan army did cause war crimes like rape and killing children as small as five year olds.Whatever you say Bro,there was blood on PAK army's hand.
The situation would not have occurred at all if Bhutto was not so power hungry and respected the results of 1970 elections.
I agree with you on the last part,we are separated but we can still be friends.:tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tajuddin Ahmed was a good man as far as I know.Do you think Khondokar Moshtaq was aided by RAW or ISI??
It might be possible for RAW to be behind killing of Ziaur Rahman.

Mushtaque was probably a CIA/ISI/Saudi guy. Problem was that he was too clever for his own good and betrayed everyone.

Munshi, would you like to shed more light into the idea that Indian forces and RAW agents were involved in the struggle by making the situation worst, as in raping, murdering, etc.. in the name of the Pakistani forces?

Also what was the performance of the media throughout the war.

Yes it is true that Indian forces and RAW carried out atrocities during the war that was ultimately blamed on the Pakistan army. It is now impossible to clearly determine how many were killed by the Pakistan Army and those by the Indian forces and RAW. This is something that we will probably never know.

There was however a purpose behind the Indian activities. They targeted and eliminated leftist nationalists and Mizo tribals in particular who were opposed to India and many intellectuals and political leaders were assassinated in this way during the war and the Pakistan army were given the blame.

RAW created a force called the Mujib Bahini which were to assist in these assassinations. After the war the Mujib Bahini activities did not cease and many thousands were murdered and raped on the orders of Mujib and especially Moni. The Mujib Bahini were essentially the paramilitary force that was trained to take over the security of Bangladesh and was equipped by RAW. The Mujib Bahni in this way became the Rakkhi Bahini and essentially was there to implement the Indian agenda in Bangladesh by force. Similarly to keep pressure on Mujib another paramilitary force was created called the JSD which tried to create a communist revolutionary situation and they attempted to topple Mujib several times but failed.

To better contain Bangladesh the Indians approved Mujib's attempt to suppress democracy and because of their influence backed by the USSR an aviodable famine was created in Bangladesh killing 3 million.

As a reaction to all this Mujib was assassinated in 1975 and both the Rakkhi Bahini and JSD were largely suppressed.

BD-PAK,we are friends but NOT THE SAME COUNTRY.:cheers:

I am happy with this scenario.

We may differ on what happened during the 1971 war (and I'm 100% certain I'm right with my case since noone has proved differently), but I have no ill will towards Bangladesh.

It would be nice for Bangladesh to take down its war museum proclaiming 3 million Bangladeshis were killed now though. I feel there's enough evidence to prove it incorrect.

Good grief! What a propagandized clip! How you could post it as a serious example is amazing, but demonstrates one type of thinking prevalent amongst some circles within Bangladeshi thinking.

"Pakistanis did not know Indian Army was composed of other faiths!" Nonsense

"Indian Army, in contrast to Pakistani Army, treated its PoWs humanely!"

These are all dramatized in order to play to the minds of the Bangladeshi and Indian audiences and to justify the War of Liberation. If the War of Liberation was jusitified, you should not need to rely on such propaganda.

sMg9Ly9nK0g[/media] - Bangladesh Genocide: Dhaka University Massacre

300000 lives are not a small number,this does mean there was a genocide.Pakistan army did cause war crimes like rape and killing children as small as five year olds.Whatever you say Bro,there was blood on PAK army's hand.
The situation would not have occurred at all if Bhutto was not so power hungry and respected the results of 1970 elections.

I might start some new threads on these things.

Your thinking is incorrect.

The 1970 elections were won by Mujib's party.

However, he was not allowed to take office. Why? I will tell you. Try understand this first time.

Mujib's 6 point plan which he advocated putting into practise once he became leader of Pakistan, did not meet the requirements of the Legal Framework Order. This was why he was not allowed to take office, and this was also a legal reason to prevent him from taking office.

Good grief! What a propagandized clip! How you could post it as a serious example is amazing, but demonstrates one type of thinking prevalent amongst some circles within Bangladeshi thinking.

"Pakistanis did not know Indian Army was composed of other faiths!" Nonsense

"Indian Army, in contrast to Pakistani Army, treated its PoWs humanely!"

These are all dramatized in order to play to the minds of the Bangladeshi and Indian audiences and to justify the War of Liberation. If the War of Liberation was jusitified, you should not need to rely on such propaganda.

I agree with you on this,I saw the first part of the clip and found it was good for this thread.I was wrong as it is actually a Indian clip.Sorry for this.:oops:
But you can not say the same about the second clip,that's real enough.

Back
Top Bottom