What's new

Now Punjab Assembly official reportedly arrested ahead of today's session - PMLN panicking big time

Nice rant, but where do you see me justifying this? Please point it out, thanks. As for hypocrisy, wrong and extralegal actions, these were totally overlooked when your guy was the beneficiary, at least the consistent among us called it out then and are still demonstrably against it now. Folks who supported or stood silent in the past, don’t have a leg to stand on.
I have only asked your constitutional and legal interpretation and thats it. We can discuss the matter at hand and the topic, and don’t need to discuss the entire history of ‘who did what and what one stood for’. You are appealing to hypocrisy even if your accusations against me are true. It looks like you want to drag another matter, because obviously this is a very brazen and embarrassing act that so called self proclaimed ‘constitutionalists’ may have a hard time to digest and defend. And yes your consistent attempts to bring past actions of other parties is an act of defense.

at least the consistent among us called it out then and are still demonstrably against it now
Apnay moon miyan mithu! Anyway I got your response and as expected ‘consistent’ with the pattern:
“X did this” … “but Y did this!”

Last edited:
Noon league k pass speaker ko nikalnay k liye numbers nahin ha isliye ijlas main hi nahi aye

If I am not wrong, neither does PTI, right?

Moreover, isn't the law a bit logically absurd?

In the second round of voting, a CM can be elected even if they have a majority by one vote over the other party, they don't need 186.

But you cannot pass any law or bill without the required 186 number can you? So how will they legislate?

Jo party ncm Jama karwati ha sirf us na number puray karnay hotay hain. Agar NA main opposition k pass 172 mnas na hotay to imran Khan pm rehtay

I mean for the NCM against the Dy Speaker, PTI does not have numbers for that either.

But I guess that's moot because Pervez Elahi is the speaker now.

Although this can be trouble later on when they would need to conduct elections for the CM.

wah bajway wah , ujaaar k rakh dia tu na aik hansty basty counrty ko

This is what happens when the first step you take is illegeal or unconstitutional. Pervez Elahi wrapping up the NCM against the speaker.

You open the floodgates, and then every party interprets, twists, and implements the law as it sees fit.

You can't do something illegal but then expect the other party to be all goody two shoes.

You can't bring a knife to a boxing match, but then complain when the other guy brings a gun.
Well the parliamentary matters need to be dealt with using parliamentary and legal means. Not brute illegal police force. What ever IK did in VONC, they didn’t order an invasion of parliament and locked up people to win the contest. They passed judgements and orders, which were struck down in court of law in the end. If orders are illegal, you deal with them in the legal frame work and not in an illegal manner. For example forced disappearances are illegal, do you go to court for relief or pickup a rifle against the state? In Pervez Elahi case, the matter should be resolved legally NOT illegally - and especially not by laying a siege on a parliament!

Bills can be passed with the votes of majority members present in assembly session but pm or cm can not be elected without the support more than 50 percent members.
For example 300 members are present in assembly budget can be passed with the votes of 151 members but pm can not be elected without the support of 172 members

Ah that makes sense. Thanks

Pm cm speaker ko ncm sa remove kiya ja sakta ha pervez elahi ko remove karnay k liye opposition k pass numbers nahi hain

At the moment PTI has a NCM motion submitted against the Dy Speaker Dost Mazari. And as things stand, they do not have the required number to oust him either, that's what I am saying.

Well the parliamentary matters need to be dealt with using parliamentary and legal means. Not brute illegal police force. What ever IK did in VONC, they didn’t order an invasion of parliament and locked up people to win the contest. They passed judgements and orders, which were struck down in court of law in the end. If orders are illegal, you deal with them in the legal frame work and not in an illegal manner. For example forced disappearances are illegal, do you go to court for relief or pickup a rifle against the state? In Pervez Elahi case, the matter should be resolved legally NOT illegally - and especially not by laying a siege on a parliament!

Completely agree.

I have only asked your constitutional and legal interpretation and thats it.
Constitutional law - I'm not sure if it's applicable here, happy to be corrected.
Legal - illegal and very shitty.

But why do you need me to tell you the obvious? I've been calling this mutant regime out in recent days. Unlike you, I am consistent.

The PML + PPP + xyz mutant regime is doing the same crap they complained about in previous years.

We can discuss the matter at hand and the topic, and don’t need to discuss the entire history of ‘who did what and what one stood for’.
Why? Is context not important? I condemned bs like this in the recent past and I'm doing it again today. Why run from history? It's all one big picture, morals and principles don't change just because IK is now in opposition. What was wrong then, is wrong now.

You are appealing to hypocrisy even if your accusations against me are true.
I can't speak for you, I speak about your party. People on the forum cheered when opposition leaders, random media people, even when the IG of Sindh were kidnapped and detained. I don't remember at all where any given person stood on this, nor you, you can see for yourself if you've been consistent here, I know I am...

It looks like you want to drag another matter, because obviously this is a very brazen and embarrassing act that so called self proclaimed ‘constitutionalists’ may have a hard time to digest and defend.
Again, answer me this, or don't bother replying again....
Where have I justified this?

Point that out, thanks (again).
Btw, this request is now redundant anyway, since I've made it clear random detentions like this are usually illegal, and abuse of power. Both the previous and the current government are guilty of it.

So it started.

1 PMLN MPA resigns from his party and submits his resignation to the speaker Pervaiz Elahi. Hamza Sharif strength one down.

No amount of corrective measures can fix the impending economic disaster this whole no-confidence treason has brought to Pakistan.

Baat election, government or politics se agay nikal chuki hai.

Dollar = 205 PKR
Inflation increased 30-40%

1653221097333.png

Look at the smile at Pervaiz Elahi face :D

1653221204053.png

A Punjab Assembly official was reportedly taken into police custody on Sunday ahead of today's hurriedly called session.

A spokesperson for the Punjab Assembly confirmed reports of the arrest of Secretary Coordination Rai Mumtaz. In a statement, the spokesperson claimed that police officials entered Mumtaz's home after scaling the walls.

He alleged that police officials also conducted a raid at the home of Punjab Assembly Secretary Muhammad Khan Bhatti and Director General (Parliamentary Affairs & Research) Inayatullah Lak, but were unable to arrest the two.

Speaker Chaudhry Parvez Elahi condemned the police action and claimed that it was being carried out on the orders of Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif. He also termed the government's actions "fascist".

"After violating the sanctity of the House, the government is making use of new tactics," he said, adding that the action against officials of the Punjab Assembly was proof that the government was "panicking".

"The unconstitutional and fake government is taking steps against the Constitution and law," he stated, adding that the "true face" of the Sharifs had been unmasked before the people.

A number of police personnel were deployed outside the assembly gates, equipped with riot control gear. "Let's see who prevents the elected members from entering the assembly," Elahi said.

He directed MPAs to reach the Assembly Secretariat by 12 o'clock.

"We will fight against government fascism," he stressed. "No one can stop the elected representatives from entering the assembly."

On Saturday, Elahi had rescheduled the assembly session from May 30 to May 22 (today), after 25 dissident PTI MPAs who had voted for Hamza Shehbaz for CM office against their party direction were de-seated.

Though no formal agenda was issued till Saturday evening, the swift action by Speaker Elahi shows the numbers game now suits him for his run-off election as chief minister.

The assembly’s current strength has reduced to 346 members after the de-seating of the 25 MPAs. The PML-N has 165 MPAs of whom five Sharaqpuri group members recently withdrew their support. Besides the backing of its 160 MPAs, the PML-N has seven PPP MPAs, four independents and one Rah-i-Haq Party MPA on its side. This shows PML-N has 172 votes.

On the other hand, Elahi’s PML-Q and his ally PTI have a total strength of 168, but the PTI-PML-Q alliance believes they will get all the five women and minority seats whereas the PML-N claims two reserved seats will come to it.

--------------------------------------------------------

PMLN is clearly doesn't seems to have numbers anymore in Punjab assembly hence do not want to have PA session.

Wow how quickly times have changed!!!!
Mafia family in total control….

Attachments

• 602979C8-F549-489F-ACE7-B85FB311FD01.jpeg
    602979C8-F549-489F-ACE7-B85FB311FD01.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 37
  • EB92E287-865E-43A9-952D-5D1213A234B1.png
    EB92E287-865E-43A9-952D-5D1213A234B1.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom