What's new

Now Possible to Drive Cars between India & Sri Lanka

I never claimed that Tamils are "happy in Sri Lanka" did I? But if you want to accept Tamil separatism in Sri Lanka as legitimate than please also have the integrity embrace all the separatist movements in India as legitimate. And if you feel that Indian intervention in Sri Lanka is acceptable, then please also accept Pakistan and China's intervention in India.

Nothing racist in my comments. Tamil Nadu seems to be the only state in India with a communal name that screams "Tamil Land" (tribalism) and has so far failed to make the Telugu language an official language when something like 10% of the population of the state is Telugu speaking.

There's a way to look at it. People may have good qualities and the bad ones as well. We should avoid the bad ones and move on with the good ones. If we accept your belief that TN is against Sri Lanka, then remaining 95% love you guys. Wouldn't you like to ignore this 5% and consider the rest 95%?

The thread was really going good. Though you would like to stand by your comments and I can't stop you doing it, but like I said, you could have avoided the bad ones and thus, avoided those statements. Regards.

There's a way to look at it. People may have good qualities and the bad ones as well. We should avoid the bad ones and move on with the good ones. If we accept your belief that TN is against Sri Lanka, then remaining 95% love you guys. Wouldn't you like to ignore this 5% and consider the rest 95%?

Actually that's exactly what I'm saying Ram. Tamil Nadu is not India and India is not Tamil Nadu.But most other Indian states seem to keep a low profile and it is always Tamil Nadu that is in the news when it comes to Sri Lanka, making Tamil Nadu appear larger than life, so to speak, when it comes to Indo-Lankan issues. As I see it, TN is just a small part of India comprising 5-6% of all Indians. In my opinion the VAST, VAST majority of Indians have no ill will towards Sri Lanka or Sri Lankans. Infact I would say it is the opposite - if not a neutral feeling there is even a soft spot for Sri Lankans. And as far as I'm concerned Sri Lankans are just an extension of - I guess we can call it "Indic people" and "Indic culture" for want of better terms, which is a view that I think most Indians share as well.

The thread was really going good. Though you would like to stand by your comments and I can't stop you doing it, but like I said, you could have avoided the bad ones and thus, avoided those statements. Regards.

I guess there is some truth there :tup: :cool:

I never claimed that Tamils are "happy in Sri Lanka" did I? But if you want to accept Tamil separatism in Sri Lanka as legitimate than please also have the integrity embrace all the separatist movements in India as legitimate. And if you feel that Indian intervention in Sri Lanka is acceptable, then please also accept Pakistan and China's intervention in India.

Nothing racist in my comments. Tamil Nadu seems to be the only state in India with a communal name that screams "Tamil Land" (tribalism) and has so far failed to make the Telugu language an official language when something like 10% of the population of the state is Telugu speaking.

Who said about tamil seperatism...I am not here to argue about your internal problems..but I do have a problem with you badmouthing Tamils. As for the telugu community, TN gave around 30% of their land to form Andhra pradesh based on telugu language.

Do mind it is you who came with TN problems and its CM.

so Gujrat where Gujrati is spoken is tribal ? So Bihar where Bihari is spoken is tribal ? Himachal Pradesh were Himachali is spoken is tribal ? Idiot, first get to know about India and then come and talk your BS...

And for your information in Andhra Pradesh, where Telugu is the official language, lot of Tamil people are there too...

so Gujrat where Gujrati is spoken is tribal ? So Bihar where Bihari is spoken is tribal ? Himachal Pradesh were Himachali is spoken is tribal ? Idiot, first get to know about India and then come and talk your BS...

And for your information in Andhra Pradesh, where Telugu is the official language, lot of Tamil people are there too...

None of those states are explicit as to whose land it is. But Tamil Nadu literally means "Tamil country." The name was specifically chosen (in a tribal fashion) wheareas previously it was Madras State.

And the Telugu people are not hopping up and down about Sri Lanka. But certain sections of Tamil Nadu are. Why are Telugu speaking people discriminated against in Tamil Nadu with regards to their language? Should they not be granted their language rights? Why choose the name Tamil Nadu when there is such a large portion of Telugu people living in the state?

None of those states are explicit as to whose land it is. But Tamil Nadu literally means "Tamil country." The name was specifically chosen (in a tribal fashion) wheareas previously it was Madras State.

And the Telugu people are not hopping up and down about Sri Lanka. But certain sections of Tamil Nadu are. Why are Telugu speaking people discriminated against in Tamil Nadu with regards to their language? Should they not be granted their language rights? Why choose the name Tamil Nadu when there is such a large portion of Telugu people living in the state?

You certainly don't know how the states are organised in India...

States in India are formed based on LANGUAGE... Gujrat was also formed and named after the State's official language...

So just STFU about your name choosing in tribal fashion...

and for your information I am a kannadiga from TamilNadu and I have no qualms about having Tamil as the official language for TamilNadu...

and certainly I know for a fact that non of the Telugu people feel that they are discriminated and neither they are...

And your jibberish is the classic example of fox crying wolf for sheep... you discriminate your own people just because they speak a different language and follow a different religion and you are talking about discrimination in India, how silly....

tell me one thing why exactly is that only a Sinhala Budhist only can be the president of your country ? why can't a Sinhala Christian / Tamil Muslim or whatever other languages and people who follow other religion ?

States in India are formed based on LANGUAGE... Gujrat was also formed and named after the State's official language...

My, it seems like I have touched a nerve there.

and for your information I am a kannadiga from TamilNadu and I have no qualms about having Tamil as the official language for TamilNadu...

and certainly I know for a fact that non of the Telugu people feel that they are discriminated and neither they are...

You do? And how exactly do you "know for a fact"? Have you carried out a survey? If so, could you please tell me more about it.

And your jibberish is the classic example of fox crying wolf for sheep... you discriminate your own people just because they speak a different language and follow a different religion and you are talking about discrimination in India, how silly....

Another way of looking at it is exposing the hypocrisy of Tamil Nadu. I mean the populace there is deeply divided on along caste lines, with rampant discrimination based on caste and an endemic hatred of female children which has led to rampant female infanticide. Yet the folks there cry about what's happening in Sri Lanka? They refuse to give legitimate language rights to the large Telugu minority in Tamil Nadu and yet point fingers at Sri Lanka?

tell me one thing why exactly is that only a Sinhala Budhist only can be the president of your country ? why can't a Sinhala Christian / Tamil Muslim or whatever other languages and people who follow other religion ?

Perhaps you can tell me where in the Sri Lankan constitution it states that only a Sinhala Buddhist can be president of the country?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks for the link. As I see, there was no immolation?

Quite a difference to Tamil Nadu where several people not connected to Sri Lanka have burnt themselves to a crisp over events happening in Sri Lanka.

But given the information I've provided, are you sure about your gung-ho statement "Our Tamils wont set themselves on fire." ?

Oh I forgot to add. Your country has the proud distinction of always maintaining top 10 suicidal populations in the world. You still have the audacity to talk about suidide in my country.

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My, it seems like I have touched a nerve there.

You do? And how exactly do you "know for a fact"? Have you carried out a survey? If so, could you please tell me more about it.

Another way of looking at it is exposing the hypocrisy of Tamil Nadu. I mean the populace there is deeply divided on along caste lines, with rampant discrimination based on caste and an endemic hatred of female children which has led to rampant female infanticide. Yet the folks there cry about what's happening in Sri Lanka? They refuse to give legitimate language rights to the large Telugu minority in Tamil Nadu and yet point fingers at Sri Lanka?

Perhaps you can tell me where in the Sri Lankan constitution it states that only a Sinhala Buddhist can be president of the country?

Awaiting your reply.

You just have a mad hatered for Tamils which is reflected in every post of yours. And from what I have read from comments on your media, most of youe Sinhalese carry the same ignorant views. As for your bull c@ap claims,

1. Tamil Nadu has never had riots against people of minority religion or ethnicity. Former chief minister MGR was a Malayalee from Sri Lanka, Jayalalitha is half Kannada.

2. majority of businesses in Chennai are owned by Telugus, Rajastanis and muslims. They happily call it their home and have belnded with the society.

3. Tamils have been attaked in Karnataka and Mumbai. But there was never a revenge attack in TN.

4. Tamil Nadu is one of the most successful states in handling the caste issue where the whole politics is based on empowering the backward and dalit people . It is the state with the highestDalit and BC representation in education and government jobs. Thats why maoism never succeeded in TN.

I know this is not going to change your hate for us. But even you need to be given a chance.

Some of Indian friends mentioned Indian casts system in their constitution some other tread in here, so you guys know actually what type of system you have over there.

We don't have language/religious discrimination in here, Tamils participate some Buddhists festivals, Sinhalese can found in Hindu temples, Catholic and Muslims participate Buddhists festivals, have you ever been to here? what we had was a terrorist problem and it's over now.

First read the Sri Lankan constitution mate! (Some of you guys are really funny! Just a min, I'll show presidential candidates in the previous election for you!)
PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION – 2010 Candidates

Mahinda Rajapaksha
Sarath Fonseka
Mohomad Cassim Mohomad Ismail (Muslim)
Achala Ashoka Suraweera
Channa Janaka Sugathsiri Gamage
W.V. Mahiman Ranjith
Panagoda Don Prince Soloman Anura Liyanage
Sarath Manamendra
M.K. Sivajilingam (Tamil)
Ukkubanda Wijekoon
Lal Perera
Sirithunga Jayasuriya
Vickramabahu Karunaratna
Idroos Mohomad Ilyas (Muslim)
Wije Dias
Sanath Pinnaduwa
Mohamed Musthaffa (Muslim)
Battaramulle Seelarathana Thero (Buddhist Monk)
Senaratna de Silva
Aruna de Zoysa
Upali Sarath Kongahage
Muthu Bandara Theminimulla

You just have a mad hatered for Tamils which is reflected in every post of yours. And from what I have read from comments on your media, most of youe Sinhalese carry the same ignorant views. As for your bull c@ap claims,

1. Tamil Nadu has never had riots against people of minority religion or ethnicity. Former chief minister MGR was a Malayalee from Sri Lanka, Jayalalitha is half Kannada.

2. majority of businesses in Chennai are owned by Telugus, Rajastanis and muslims. They happily call it their home and have belnded with the society.

3. Tamils have been attaked in Karnataka and Mumbai. But there was never a revenge attack in TN.

4. Tamil Nadu is one of the most successful states in handling the caste issue where the whole politics is based on empowering the backward and dalit people . It is the state with the highestDalit and BC representation in education and government jobs. Thats why maoism never succeeded in TN.

I know this is not going to change your hate for us. But even you need to be given a chance.

Not to mention the reigning superstar of Tamil film industry , Rajnikath is a Maharashtrian born in Karnataka.

Back
Top Bottom