What's new

Now, China finds $100 billion mineral deposits in Tibet

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Now, China finds $100 billion mineral deposits in Tibet

China continues to strike it rich in Tibet as geologists discovered 102 types of mineral deposits in over 3000 mine beds with an estimated value of about USD 100 billion.

So far, over 3,000 mine beds, deposits or mineralised sites with as many as 102 types of mineral were discovered in Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR), Chinese official media reported, quoting officials from the regional bureau of land and resources.

The mineral resources in the Himalayan region have an estimated potential value up to 600 billion yuan (USD 100 billion), it said.

Among the variety of mineral reserves, Tibet is reported to have large chromium and cuprum (copper) far higher than other regions of mainland China.

Twelve other mineral reserves rank among the top five across the whole country.

Chromium, a steely-grey, lustrous hard metal is regarded with great interest because of its high corrosion value, resistance and hardness while Cuprum is a mineral used in homoeopathic medicines.

Considering the rich potential, top Chinese minerals and metals companies have already established their presence to explore and extract the rich deposits of the remote region's natural resources.

Chinese aluminium and copper giant Aluminum Corp of China, or Chinalco has already set up its unit there, besides Chinese miners Western Mining Co and Zijin Mining Group Co Ltd which already started production at the Yulong copper deposit, in southeastern Tibet to fuel the rapidly developing Chinese economy.

Access to the remote Tibetan areas is no longer a problem as China has already built enormous amount of rail, road and air infrastructure connecting TAR with the mainland.

The rapid exploration of natural resources and development of infrastructure evoked criticism from the Tibetan say this would benefit the main land more as it fuels influx from the outside the region besides harming the plateau's fragile environment.

Now, China finds $100bn mineral deposits in Tibet - The Times of India

Damn that's a lot of money. I feel so happy for one of our neighbors while at the same i cant help feeling sorry for another neighbor, losing 100 billion dollars gotta hurt!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Damn that's a lot of money. I feel so happy for one of our neighbors while at the same i cant help feeling sorry for another neighbor, losing 100 billion dollars gotta hurt!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Aboriginals in Siberia lose TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of dollars when Russians steal all their oil and natural gas wealth.

Aboriginals of North America lose TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of dollars when White people steal all their oil wealth and natural resources.

Aboriginals of Tribal Areas of India, Kashmir, South Tibet, Khalistan etc etc lose unlimited money when India steal all the natural resources.

Aboriginals of Australia and New Zealand lose everything when white people steal all the natural resources.

Back
Top Bottom