What's new

Not Easy to Understand Chinese Mind Set

I have only heard rumors. This concept is exactly what these smaller nations in Asia need to do. By themselves, its too difficult to counter China. Even given India's size we have considerable issues but if we all work together.......we stand a great chance. Not only would this help build a stronger defence, but it would help foster relations, build a strong foundations for economic policy, exchanges, etc. I think it has great potential. We cannot solely counter China's defence and Authoritian style of gov't but working together, the burden becomes less and helps sustain inclusive development at safe speed.

I think many regional nations are waiting to see what and how China behaves. However, I think these nations should at least start a dialogue on the matter and chart a vision for its implementation in the future if the need arises.
yeah united we stand ...divided we fall.
But by that logic India should 've supported Japan against China. (I find India's decision not to support Japan pragmatic though)

One basic thing that i have picked up from strategic studies is that in order to understand a country, you have to study its 'strategic culture'.

yeah united we stand ...divided we fall.
But by that logic India should 've supported Japan against China. (I find India's decision not to support Japan pragmatic though)

Support when? As far as I know, India is pretty much supportin Japan. Congress was not able to make hard decisions though

China and India have nothing to gain by escalating the border issues. South China sea might be important to China but disputed area of India and China are actually not that important. Even a small scale war between these 2 nations will have huge impact on world economy leave aside impact on these countries itself. China is indeed quite powerful but it does not mean that it will wage war. It is more or less a peaceful country and most likely remain so even with increasing military power. The communist tag gets them all the criticism from West.

China and India have nothing to gain by escalating the border issues. South China sea might be important to China but disputed area of India and China are actually not that important. Even a small scale war between these 2 nations will have huge impact on world economy leave aside impact on these countries itself. China is indeed quite powerful but it does not mean that it will wage war. It is more or less a peaceful country and most likely remain so even with increasing military power. The communist tag gets them all the criticism from West.

You're foolish to ever think this is some Western inspired design. This is the reality. The impact on the world will hurt us the most, not the world.

Back
Top Bottom