What's new

Not A Flying Coffin: Data Shows MiG-21 Has Been The Safest Fighter Jet With The Indian Air Force

So the author is comparing the MiG-21 attrition rate with aircrafts that retired from service decades earlier.

1616164089501.png

while pakistani posters taking dig at Indian Mig's...

View attachment 726053

View attachment 726054

lets talk when you start flying all modern aircrafts.... till then you can close this thread.

and if you want to talk about accidents then i'll post the pakistani crashed aircrafts for you to see

These were inducted in the early 90s, they are about 20-30 years younger, but expecting you to have any knowledge of anything you post was too much.

Last edited:
All the other jets listed are no longer in service though. Not sure the comparison is fair.
Not only is the comparison being made with aircrafts that have been retired all around the world...it is also worth noting that IAF's Mig 21s were upgraded in the 90s or 2000s IIRC.
So essentially the author is just using unfair comparisons just to prove some kind of a point that is far removed from reality...it's like comparing cars to horses.

i fully support mig-21 to remain in IAF until last jet did not crashed
Sir ji .. yeah hawi jahaz nahi ... azab e ellahi haa.. lolzzzzzzz

Indian love old movies and old weapons .. you wish come true.
Since 1963, India has introduced more than 1,200 MiG fighters into its air force. As of 2019, 113 MiG-21s are known to be in operation in the IAF. However, the plane has been plagued by safety problems. Since 1970 more than 170 Indian pilots and 40 civilians have been killed in MiG-21 accidents.

While the trolling has taken over , it would be good to look at this subjective and really see that the IAF has done a decent job operating a fairly challenging platform - although without knowing flight hours per airframe this study is only partially correct.
That being said, the high loss rate of the Flogger series correlates to use by other nations. The Flogger was a complex hangar queen which was difficult to operate. Also contributed to why the IAF preferred upgrading the Mig-21 versus the Mig-23. One reason for loss rate also has to do with the Mig-21being first posting for many if not most IAF pilots for the longest time which led to the inexperience of rookie pilots contributing to mistakes during inflight emergencies.

While the trolling has taken over , it would be good to look at this subjective and really see that the IAF has done a decent job operating a fairly challenging platform - although without knowing flight hours per airframe this study is only partially correct.
That being said, the high loss rate of the Flogger series correlates to use by other nations. The Flogger was a complex hangar queen which was difficult to operate. Also contributed to why the IAF preferred upgrading the Mig-21 versus the Mig-23. One reason for loss rate also has to do with the Mig-21being first posting for many if not most IAF pilots for the longest time which led to the inexperience of rookie pilots contributing to mistakes during inflight emergencies.

In which case how do you explain 56 Jaguar crashes of 130 purchased?? 45% of the fleet crashed.

In which case how do you explain 56 Jaguar crashes of 130 purchased?? 45% of the fleet crashed.
Look at the overall fleet reliability and the task they operate for - deep strike with low level penetration. That probably exerts a lot more stress on both airframe and pilot. Then the usual factors of pilot experience and training comes into play along with maintenance.It has the average IAF serviceability rate of 60%

If we compared that to the accident rate for A-5s or Mirages to compare.

So IAF has a worst record with other fighters!!

India needs no Rafaels, MiG-21s are more than enough for her....

Why you are after Mig21 reputation!!

It still has to do another 50 years.

India don't even need Mig 21. Modi is enough.
With the help of Bollywood , he can overcome all enemies. The enemies' jets can just fall off the sky on the whims of Modi, aided and abated by Bollywood. :enjoy:

while pakistani posters taking dig at Indian Mig's...

View attachment 726053

View attachment 726054

lets talk when you start flying all modern aircrafts.... till then you can close this thread.

and if you want to talk about accidents then i'll post the pakistani crashed aircrafts for you to see
Let me be VERY clear to you if you want to survive on this forum for the next two posts.

This thread is about the IAF and operations of the Indian Air Force - any attempt to derail it with PAF tangents and I will permanently ban you.

This is a Pakistani forum and they will discuss whatever topic they want to - any attempt to derail and I will permanently ban you.

Any snide comments on what Pakistanis can or cannot do , on a forum that tolerates the presence of the very people that hold genocidal thoughts against Pakistani citizens and religious beliefs, and I will permanently ban you.

Look at the overall fleet reliability and the task they operate for - deep strike with low level penetration. That probably exerts a lot more stress on both airframe and pilot. Then the usual factors of pilot experience and training comes into play along with maintenance.It has the average IAF serviceability rate of 60%

If we compared that to the accident rate for A-5s or Mirages to compare.

Harriers, they lost 60% due to crashes, Jaguars they lost 45% due to crashes. RAF and French also used these planes in low level attack. A low servicability rate means you are flying less often, which, logic dictates, means you will crash less, yet IAF crash much more.

Why?

I fully support IAF operating mig 21 and hope they operate these till 2050.

As a matter of fact i hope BAF sells its entire f7 fleet to IAF and purchase j10 from china

I still it was foolish to turn turn down the f7 production line offer from china

Bd could have produced f7 and then sell it to IAF. Then use that cash to buy j-10.

Silly BAF

Last edited:
If you expect Indians to be mute or participate in their own dehumanization on this forum, you thought wrong. As a Pakistani, that might make sense to you but, I dare say, Indians will not oblige. You're going to need to do a lot of banning over your time on this forum.
Very happy to

Back
Top Bottom