What's new

Northrop Grumman 6th gen fighter ad

It will be interesting to see how the 6th generation will be defined by certain technologies.

It looks like Cyber warfare and Lasers are taking center stage with 6th gens as of right now. Active cancellation might also play a big part I think.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how the 6th generation will be defined by certain technologies.

It looks like Cyber warfare and Lasers are taking center stage with 6th gens as of right now. Active radar cancellation will also play a big part I think.

They should go for deformable wings.

What are criteria of 6th Generation aircrafts?
5+,5++ Generation aircrafts are yet to appear............ Isn't it too soon to jump to 6thG?
Or may be current 5thG aircrafts will be upgraded by 6thG sub system to improve them to 5+ or 5++ Generation standards................What you people say? :pop:

Other project to grab money from NATO Allies.... 5th generation has not proved themselves in wars.... I don't think any country will jump for 6th generation.....

Other project to grab money from NATO Allies.... 5th generation has not proved themselves in wars.... I don't think any country will jump for 6th generation.....
The F-22 has already been used in combat. Granted, there has been no air to air lethal engagement (there have been successful non-lethal, but serious interceptions), but it has proven that it is more than capable of deadly strikes against ground targets.

The F-22 has already been used in combat. Granted, there has been no air to air lethal engagement (there have been successful non-lethal, but serious interceptions), but it has proven that it is more than capable of deadly strikes against ground targets.

Against whom Libya and Iraq... For God Sake

Against whom Libya and Iraq... For God Sake
It's more than what any other 5th gen has in experience, so yeah. Let's hope the F-22 never has to prove it's air to air prowess in actual combat.

It's more than what any other 5th gen has in experience, so yeah. Let's hope the F-22 never has to prove it's air to air prowess in actual combat.

Until we can't see them against any country with good radar and SAM system.... U will see that it will also have a hard time even for ground attack....

Until we can't see them against any country with good radar and SAM system.... U will see that it will also have a hard time even for ground attack....
You say that, but it was a resounding success against ground targets, being far more accurate.

Fighting a conventional war isn't the only way to test weapons.

grumman-cats-fantasy-formation-douglas-castleman.jpg

Back
Top Bottom