What's new

North Korea.

North Korea is pretty much one large prison camp. Everyone walks around in fear. And if you try to leave you can be arrested or even killed.

the strangest thing about this country is, we see more soldiers there than civilians themselves, big haunted cities, roads, farms etc, are they ghosts???

North Korea is pretty much one large prison camp. Everyone walks around in fear. And if you try to leave you can be arrested or even killed.

Each home also has to have a radio that can never be turned off--it's basicaly used for propoganda.

I learned that from watching a program about American defectors from the Korean war. Very interesting BTW, if someone wants i can post the video.

That big hotel also has been under construction for ages. It is actually falling apart before they can finish it. Lack of funds.

x900.jpg

800xj.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000xw.jpg

640xw.jpg

640xz.jpg

x900.jpg

x900.jpg

Each home also has to have a radio that can never be turned off--it's basicaly used for propoganda.

I learned that from watching a program about American defectors from the Korean war. Very interesting BTW, if someone wants i can post the video.

I recommend you watch this series :

This is North Korea from a tourists perspective. This tour is more like a television survival show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video! Makes one appreciate freedom even more. Hats off to the two guys that filmed it.

What communist countries gave rise to is repression and people deviod of any ethics and morals just living under fear. North Korea is fast becoming a liability for China which is inturn putting bad reputation on China as a country. They need to mend their ways, get out of past, give up the paronia that the whole world wants to snatch their country, make peace with south and open themselves for economic progress..
All failed countries turn really millitary centric while civilian contribution reduces.

What communist countries gave rise to is repression and people deviod of any ethics and morals just living under fear. North Korea is fast becoming a liability for China which is inturn putting bad reputation on China as a country. They need to mend their ways, get out of past, give up the paronia that the whole world wants to snatch their country, make peace with south and open themselves for economic progress..
All failed countries turn really millitary centric while civilian contribution reduces.
Yeah man. That's right. NK's military obsession shows the actual structure of Communist governments worldwide. Think about how traditionally these governments are set up: Cuba, North Korea, Mao's PRC, Soviet Union, Communist Romania, Campuchia, older Vietnam etc.

All the governnments were structured around:

1) dread for public
2) unquestioned rule
3) 24/7 only leader's propaganda
4) Destruction of ancient culture of that country
5) Brutal repression of anyone who doesn't worship the leader

After Mao, it was very sensible of Chinese leaders and post the Tiananmen Square incident the economy rose and developed well with some more freedom allowed to people.

NK is true hell on earth.

Really impressive pictures, but of course North Korea dont show, the bad things, like hungry people or they labor camps.

earthlights2_dmsp_big.jpg

This is satellite image of Earth taken in night. You can clearly make out the DMZ as north to DMZ there is no light. Its an open secret that in North Korea electricty is a rare commodity and people are living wothout it for years.

I am living in South Korea now and not a fan of dictatorship of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il. However, I also question the accuracy of Western propaganda against North Korea. No doubt that North Korea is poor country, but it also have very disciplined, smart and relatively highly educated people. The country looks always clean, orderly and civilized and the people look well-fed and well-clad, at least by Vietnamese standard, even on North Korea-bashing arcticles by Westerners. I respect Korean people on both sides of DMZ for their hard-working, very disciplined spirit which I think Vietnamese people need to learn a lot.
About the image of North Korea above. In this picture, Vietnam is in similar to North Korea. There is almost no light here, while the India part look well lit. But Vietnam is much more developed than India in electricity generation per capita.
About the genuiness of this picture. It look odd, because North America and East Asia are lit at the same time, while these regions have 12 hours difference.

Last edited:
North Koreans are soooooo small. The lack of food has stunted their growth.

North Koreans are soooooo small. The lack of food has stunted their growth.

Man, you are some sadist, lay off your so-called white man mask, everyone here know where you belong, i bet you are less than 5' 5", the average height of your kind. Like a "Midget" making fun of himself in a mirror.:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom