What's new

North Korea - US Tension: News & Discussions

Stop conspiracy making. Don't know how to stop your kind of people from generating wild ideas. He did not go there alone; he was part of a tourist group. Apparently, he did something that violated the law of the host nation. The fact that the rest of his travel group came back home safely suggests that he failed to behave properly in that country in which security measures are apparently over-emphasized
Giving someone 15years in a labour camp for "taking a poster"? That was obviously a political trial nothing else. Guess it was just a way of Kim regime for showing he is standing up against U.S.
Which country on earth will sentence someone for 15 years in a quasi labour camp for such a thing? Can't think of any(not even Cuba, KSA or Iran).
It is said that after appearing in a televised show trial he gave a tearful press conference.
Moreover, From the the day he appeared in this televised"show" trial nothing was heard from him(neither his parents nor lawyer/U.S diplomats etc) for more than 15 months until he was returned to the US in a vegetative state. I can't think of any country where such a thing can happen.
Moral of the story: STAY AWAY FROM N.KOREA.

I like travelling and visiting new countries, In South east and East Asia, i have been to China,Tawian, S.Korea. Japan, Philippines, Malaysia,Thailand and a few others I might have forgotten, but N.Korea is the last country on earth I can ever think of visiting as a tourist. You can be detain for something so trivial and nobody gives a ****, since Kim's Regime is supreme, nobody can question them, not the media, public, judiciary, lawyer(if you are even granted one) etc. I don't know what this young guy was thinking going to N.Korea of all countries, there are over 190 countries on earth for GOD's sake, why choose N Korea that almost everybody avoids? Who even recommended him to go there in the first place?

So as much as I feel sorry for this dude,i have to say he should have known better. :)

N.Korea had no reason to send him back to America even if he was going to die. Fat Kim could hide his death for further 13 years and no one will give a shit beside his parent, other than giving the Western press a bullet to attack his regime in this current stage. This is more reasonable to believe something is deeper than the Media want to tell us.

I can tell you this, you cannot hide the fact that someone is dead and hang on it for 13 years.

A lot of people would still have to contact him, Swedish Embassy in North Korea made routine trip to NK prison to check on American and Canadian Affair, You cannot say no to a Swedish diplomat for 13 years, question will rise.

Beside, the news that he was in coma and in vegetative state are known prior to his release, if NK keep him secret for 13 years it will do the regime more harm than good

NK saw him dying and probably taking up hospital resource and release him, that's it. A dead American in NK soil is doing more damage than returning a dying American.

I can tell you this, you cannot hide the fact that someone is dead and hang on it for 13 years.

A lot of people would still have to contact him, Swedish Embassy in North Korea made routine trip to NK prison to check on American and Canadian Affair, You cannot say no to a Swedish diplomat for 13 years, question will rise.

Beside, the news that he was in coma and in vegetative state are known prior to his release, if NK keep him secret for 13 years it will do the regime more harm than good

NK saw him dying and probably taking up hospital resource and release him, that's it. A dead American in NK soil is doing more damage than returning a dying American.
I have to say you change my opinion, I never think N.Korea released him for a good will but since he was in vegetative state, he became burden of hospital resource. I have my doubt on his death, this was too soon and convenience but never say never and I'm in no position say anything. I also don't think this is any CIA stuff. At first I didn't think it could cause the regime more harm than sending back a dying man, but it seems it does, like what TaiShang and you suggested.

u.s have also killed many innocent people in the world so first they should look at their own black deeds and stop spying in other countries

I used to respect certain people for their technical report on China, however disappointed for their utmost lack of sympathy to fellow common human beings. No matter how you spin it, North Korea is an evil evil evil place, people should avoid visiting this shit-hole. When the rogue regime decide to pick on you, nobody is going to, or able to help you.

PS: Even the boy stole some propaganda banner like they accused (heck who could believe rouge douchebag fat Kim?), what's the big deal? Does he deserve 15 years in prison, or put into a veggie state left to die? Heck, in the West serial killers who murdered and raped 50+ women still live happily in the prison, with free food and free medical care on taxpayer's expense.

Last edited:
Could be. To further vilify the DPRK. The US regime is definitely capable of doing this kind of cheap tricks.

The DPRK released full medical accounts. On this, I would trust more on the DPRK than the US.

US government sent tanks against peaceful protesters in Washington in 1932 (video) and killed some of them so possibility that Otto Warmbier was killed by US government should not be excluded.

Giving someone 15years in a labour camp for "taking a poster"? (...)

For stealing a poster. There is a saying:
Dura lex, sed lex - The law is harsh but it is the law.

15 years in prison is still better than being killed by US Police (like Michael Brown from Ferguson).

US government sent tanks against peaceful protesters in Washington in 1932 (video) and killed some of them so possibility that Otto Warmbier was killed by US government should not be excluded.

For stealing a poster. There is a saying:
Dura lex, sed lex - The law is harsh but it is the law.

15 years in prison is still better than being killed by US Police (like Michael Brown from Ferguson).

Indeed, law might be harsh, but it is law after all. Lots of people make trips to NK without much problem.

I am not saying NK is the most ideal place to visit. But some people like authentic places and suspense.

The problem is that US corporate regime friendly media lost credibility, hence, whatever they report, it will raise eyebrows worldwide.

It is sad that the most likely natural death of a tourist has to be a strategic scoring tool.

They sent him back to US, because NK knew he was going to die. When he arrived from NK to US, he was in coma. The charges put on him were ridiculous, and the sentence of 15 years on such flimsy charges were even more ridiculous.

So no need for conspiracy theories...
No one likes Fat Kim but No zuo No die.
I do not understand why this guy did such a stupid thing. If he didn't like DPRK,just stay away from it.

It is perfectly safe to visit DPRK as long one respects its laws. The dude had to take down a poster didn't he? or wanted to steal it, well he paid dearly with his own life for that stupidity.

Didn't die in NK; once back home, died.
RIP

Was in a coma, released earlier before completing his 15 year sentence which means he was barely 1 year in prison. Fishy ain't it?

Maybe CIA killed him.

Maybe the CIA put him in a coma while he was in North Korea as well.

N.Korea had no reason to send him back to America even if he was going to die. Fat Kim could hide his death for further 13 years and no one will give a shit beside his parent, other than giving the Western press a bullet to attack his regime in this current stage. This is more reasonable to believe something is deeper than the Media want to tell us.

Perhaps the U.S. threaten and North Korea decided to release him, but before they do, they put him a coma to send a message. Kind of like being a sore loser.

Looking for an excuse to invade North Korea. Possibly the CIA killed him.

So sad, Merican war machine will kill their own people for more weapon production and wars!
All those Merican soldiers who died abroad lived a meaningless life, not for the country, but for a war machine and big corporates!
Not just their own soldiers, the war machine has dragged tens of thousands of foreign soldiers from the war machine's friendly allies to death!
These people died for nothing but immoral purpose and the interests of big weapon companies.

seems like they just want to believe he was tortured to death story

Otto Warmbier's parents refuse to have autopsy performed following mysterious coma and death
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts...ulat/ef88c5d2-b0b3-4d7b-98ec-91715f1ae2c6.htm

That makes the whole case even more mysterious and suspicious. Why not allow an independent analysis to figure out the cause of death? "Killed by the monstrous North Koreans" story is more profitable?

So sad, Merican war machine will kill their own people for more weapon production and wars!
All those Merican soldiers who died abroad lived a meaningless life, not for the country, but for a war machine and big corporates!
Not just their own soldiers, the war machine has dragged tens of thousands of foreign soldiers from the war machine's friendly allies to death!
These people died for nothing but immoral purpose and the interests of big weapon companies.

Seems like the vilification and dehumanization campaign against the North has not been complete so perhaps they need to stage more emotional false flags to make the public opinion ready for a war-inducing action.

This is the way the US war machine operates. Saddam and Qaddafi were dehumanized for a similar end. Reducing the whole thing into a morality-laden good vs. evil is a S regime specialty to justify war.

Either respect the person's death and stop politicizing it or, if you want to politicize it, provide scientific evidence.

But, without an autopsy, it is all CNN-like news-making. FAKE!

Back
Top Bottom