What's new

Nordic Defense News, pictures, videos and history

The handsome soldiers of Sweden

View attachment 162528
(oh mein god, i think i'm having a heart ak ak ak ak...)

View attachment 162529

View attachment 162531

View attachment 162532

View attachment 162533

Sweden does the world proud:yahoo:
Swedish5.jpg

tumblr_lcs3o8aYBE1qc4dkho1_500.jpg

tumblr_lc0biw8dTB1qc4dkho1_1280.jpg

Of course, Norway does good too:
norwegian_army_women.jpg

user-norway-girl-500-6.jpg

And Finland:
Finland.jpg

military_women_33.jpg

And this is why no wars find the Nordic nations. War is about the last thing that comes to mind when I see such beauty;).

@A.P. Richelieu - the RBS70 is a fantastic missile, but laser jamming technologies do exist.

Systems Help Block Laser Guided Missiles | Systems & Subsystems content from Defense Electronics Magazine

Are Swedes mostly blondes? I always thought Scandinavians were red-heads.

It's a strange article, but the stats are correct, most Swedes are blond.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/f...-go-to-colorist-for-swedish-blondes.html?_r=0

“Most women in Sweden are dirty blond, and I would say 96 percent color their hair,” said Ms. Bayoumi, herself naturally brunet. “You’re born blond, and as you get older, it gets a little darker, a little ashier.”

I'll try to find a more reputable source.

Red hair is common for men, mainly in the BEARD!!! department:

5727778561_e85f60ea03_z.jpg

dec3985a1248e512bd6fa066d71dc052.jpg

Also @Nihonjin1051 if you can grow a BEARD!!! like this, you may be able to apply for honorary Nord status.

261-Medium.jpg

images.jpg

@Nihonjin1051 - it's all red beards!

*I have some German ancestry too, given I have dark brown hair, but grow a red beard!

Last edited:
It's a strange article, but the stats are correct, most Swedes are blond.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/f...-go-to-colorist-for-swedish-blondes.html?_r=0

“Most women in Sweden are dirty blond, and I would say 96 percent color their hair,” said Ms. Bayoumi, herself naturally brunet. “You’re born blond, and as you get older, it gets a little darker, a little ashier.”

I'll try to find a more reputable source.

Red hair is common for men, mainly in the BEARD!!! department:

View attachment 162542

View attachment 162543

Also @Nihonjin1051 if you can grow a BEARD!!! like this, you may be able to apply for honorary Nord status.

View attachment 162544

View attachment 162545

@Nihonjin1051 - it's all red beards!

*I have some German ancestry too, given I have dark brown hair, but grow a red beard!

he he he! Very Viking-looking! :devil::devil:

Too bad they don't really need to use any of their army...which is actually a good thing

Norwegian air force films 'near miss' with Russian fighter jet

OSLO: A Norwegian warplane had a "near miss" with a Russian fighter jet north of Norway, the Nordic nation's military said Tuesday (Dec 2) after showing a video of the incident, which backed a complaint made to Moscow.

"The Russian pilot's behaviour was not quite normal," Norwegian armed forces spokesman Brynjar Stordal told AFP, commenting on a 26-second film clip released Sunday which appeared to show a fighter jet suddenly cut in front of a Norwegian F-16.

The incident added to climbing tensions between Russia and NATO member states in recent months, underlined by claims of other recent near misses with Russian military jets.

In the air force clip supplied by Norway's military, the Norwegian pilot shouts "What the hell!" before veering away sharply from the other jet which Norway identified as a Russian MiG-31 that came to within 20 metres of the F-16.

"We don't know if it was a miscalculation or if he deliberately put himself in the path of our F-16," said Stordal, adding that Norway's armed forces had informed Russia that the incident was "undesirable".

The close encounter occurred in international airspace "north of Norway" but the armed forces did not say when.

Unlike neighbouring non-aligned Sweden, Norway - a NATO member - has not reported any airspace incursions by Russia in recent years and gauges the level of Russian air force activity in the area as "pretty normal or a little more" than usual.

So far this year Norway has scrambled its air force 43 times to identify 69 Russian planes, compared to 41 incidents involving 58 planes in 2013.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said last month that the alliance had reported 400 intercepts of Russian military flights so far this year - a 50 percent increase compared to 2013 - and complained that Russian jets flying without sharing their flight plans posed a danger to commercial air traffic.

Norwegian air force films 'near miss' with Russian fighter jet - Channel NewsAsia

Is Russia not considered a Nordic country? Murmansk is to the north of Sweden I think.

Is Russia not considered a Nordic country? Murmansk is to the north of Sweden I think.

"The Nordic countries are a geographical and cultural region in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic. It consists of five countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) as well as their autonomous regions (the Åland Islands, the Faroe Islands and Greenland). The Nordic countries have much in common in their way of life, history, language and social structure. Politically, Nordic countries do not form a separate entity, but they co-operate in the Nordic Council."

I don't see Russia included. It's not Nordic, don't bring it into this thread or I will ask for moderator assistance to remove it.

Every Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish soldier is ski trained.

Swedish Ski Troops
IMGP4020.jpg

Svenskarna_i_Vinterkriget.jpg

Swedish CV 90 and accompanying troops - part of the Cold Response 2014 exercise
coldresponse2.jpg

Norwegian Ski Troops
viciouswar1808c.JPG

Norwegian tank at Cold Response 2014
coldresponse4.jpg

Norwegian pilot at Cold Response 2014
coldresponse6.jpg

Finnish Troops
fi05_12b.jpg

Finn_ski_troops.jpg

Last edited:
"The Nordic countries are a geographical and cultural region in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic. It consists of five countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) as well as their autonomous regions (the Åland Islands, the Faroe Islands and Greenland). The Nordic countries have much in common in their way of life, history, language and social structure. Politically, Nordic countries do not form a separate entity, but they co-operate in the Nordic Council."

I don't see Russia included. It's not Nordic, don't bring it into this thread or I will ask for moderator assistance to remove it.

All the Nordic countries are Germanic except for Finland which is Uralic. Russia is way closer to Germanic than Finland is.

Finnish super soldier 8-)

23V7n.jpg

hot Finnish woman soldiers, don't know if the same one :p:

army-women-finland-32530685016.jpeg

tumblr_l5h3p8HWZz1qc4dkho1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
All the Nordic countries are Germanic except for Finland which is Uralic. Russia is way closer to Germanic than Finland is.

Finnish super soldier 8-)

I have given you the only answer you need. If Russia is included in this thread, I will ask @Hakan to remove it and you. Don't bring Russia into this thread. Understand?

From Cold Response 2014

Norwegian Coastal Ranger
coldresponse1.jpg

Danish Soldier
coldresponse12.jpg

Skjold Class
coldresponse13.jpg

Even British Royal Marines get in on the action
coldresponse14.jpg

Norwegian Infantry and Leopard Tanks (in the foreground is a CV9030)
coldresponse16.jpg

Norwegian Soldier Marking a Location for a Dog to Search
coldresponse22.jpg

Norwegian F-16s
coldresponse23.jpg

Norwegian Special Forces
coldresponse27.jpg

Norwegian Coastal Rangers
coldresponse29.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom