ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Nokia 2 to receive Android 8.1 Oreo; Nokia 3 Oreo beta rolling out soon

By Siddharth Chauhan a day ago Mobile phones

Nokia 2 is skipping Android 8.0

S72KDZs7KA3booS5JqCLn7-320-80.jpg

Nokia 2 will circumvent Android 8.0 update and will instead receive the Android 8.1 Oreo update directly. Nokia 3, on the other hand, will get the Android 8.0 Oreo beta update soon courtesy of Nokia Beta Labs.

According to a tweet by Juho Sarvikas, HMD Global’s Chief Product Officer, the reason behind Nokia 2 skipping the 8.0 update is because it comes with 1 GB of RAM. Android 8.1 Oreo is equipped with memory optimisation features and as such, it will be beneficial for Nokia 2.

In the tweet, Juho also mentioned that Nokia 3 will be getting the Android 8.0 beta update soon.

Recently, the company started rolling out Android 8.1 Oreo update for the Nokia 8 beta users. Earlier today, Nokia 6 users have also started receiving the Android 8.0 Oreo update which brings updated UI, improved power saving mode, enhanced activity manager and camera improvements in low-lit conditions among others.

27 Jan
Android Central

✔@androidcentral

Is your phone set to be updated to Android Oreo?
1f62c.png
https://www.androidcentral.com/will-my-phone-get-android-o?utm_source=ac_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=62291&utm_campaign=social …

https://twitter.com/sarvikas/status/957132181029244928
Juho Sarvikas

✔@sarvikas

Also #Nokia2 but will go straight to 8.1 to get memory optimization features as it is a 1GB RAM device. #Nokia3 Beta Labs right around the corner.

11:04 AM - Jan 27, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Nokia 2 features a 5-inch display which is packed in a shell of aluminum and plastic. It is powered by Snapdragon 212, with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal memory. The Nokia 2 has a 4,100 mAh battery to power it.

Nokia 3 also comes with a 5-inch display and is powered by a MediaTek processor with 2GB of RAM. There’s 16GB onboard storage which can further be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The phone comes with a 2630 mAh battery.

Nokia is delivering upon its promises of providing regular updates to Android albeit slow but at least they are.

As the company prepares for Mobile World Congress next month where it is expected to showcase the next batch of Nokia smartphones, it will be interesting to see what they bring to the table this time.
http://www.techradar.com/news/nokia-2-to-receive-android-81-oreo-nokia-3-oreo-beta-rolling-out-soon

So I spent 600£ on Sony Xperia xz premium and the phone won't update to 8.1.

Cheap nokias will get them haha

so is Nokia 9 :D
Doesn't matter I'm still mainly a user of iOS but now I have Galaxy Note 8 for taking notes in the meetings. Other than that I use iOS devices only.

Doesn't matter I'm still mainly a user of iOS but now I have Galaxy Note 8 for taking notes in the meetings. Other than that I use iOS devices only.
Baboon leagis and crapple fans are their own worst enemies

Why such hostility? I think they pay for it from their own pockets right? so what's the problem?
They tend to rub it in your face and keep telling us their phone is better well its time we turn the tables on them :D

They tend to rub it in your face and keep telling us their phone is better well its time we turn the tables on them :D
I can imagine the culture of show and pomp prevalent in Pakistan which affects people negatively and they display traits of jealousy, derision and fan-boyism (all of which you displayed :partay:).

But here in Europe, it is just a matter of choice because most of average people can afford so a smartphone does not make a significant distinguishing factor. We also have pomp & show culture but it the threshold is different.

I have been using Apple's products since childhood so it works for me. But recently have also started using android devices as well.

Last edited:
I can imagine the culture of show and pomp prevalent in Pakistan which affects people negatively and they display traits of jealousy, derision and fan-boyism (all of which you displayed :partay:).

But here in Europe, it is just a matter of choice because most of average people can afford so a smartphone does not make a significant distinguishing factor. We also have pomp & show culture but it the threshold is different.

I have been using Apple's products since childhood so it works for me. But recently have also started using android devices as well.
Jealous from an inferior product jew mad bruh i did nazi this coming :D
Apple fanbois rub their product in your face saying it does X or Y and blah blah blah you show them one thing about your superior and cheaper phone they are kike thats so useless who plays pc games on their phones using remote access softwares in the while they chill with the masairs in Jinnah park :D

Asaan oehly wi noon keague no vote oaya ey hun wi noon league no vote pawan gay pawein oh pathichar relu katiyan di jamat howey :D

Actually most people here too can afford smartphones but the cheapo behavior is exhibited more often by the crapple fans seriously some folks buy shirts with small pockets so the apple logo is visibke :D

Jealous from an inferior product jew mad bruh i did nazi this coming :D
Apple fanbois rub their product in your face saying it does X or Y and blah blah blah you show them one thing about your superior and cheaper phone they are kike thats so useless who plays pc games on their phones using remote access softwares in the while they chill with the masairs in Jinnah park :D
I really feel sorry for you that one or two apple fans messed up your emotional and psychiatric balance. I use Apple and I like but I do not feel the need to degrade Android and Nokia to feel better rather I appreciate both and in fact I own both and use them where one offers better functionality than the other and Swedish cold helps since we have to wear jackets with big pockets so we can slip all these gizmos and stay totally low key.
Asaan oehly wi noon keague no vote oaya ey hun wi noon league no vote pawan gay pawein oh pathichar relu katiyan di jamat howey :D
Tried to read multiple times and I didn't get it..You should limit your language options to English, Urdu or Punjabi to interact with me. You can use some Swedish, German etc as well.

Actually most people here too can afford smartphones but the cheapo behavior is exhibited more often by the crapple fans seriously some folks buy shirts with small pockets so the apple logo is visibke :D
That seems to be problem with people and not the product so what's point of degrading the product?

Last edited:
I really feel sorry for that one or two apple fans messed up you emotional and psychiatric balance. I use Apple and I like but I do not feel the need to degrade Android and Nokia to feel better rather I appreciate both and in fact I own both and use them where one offers better functionality than the other and Swedish cold helps since we have to wear jackets with big pockets so we can slip all these gizmos and stay totally low key.

Tried to read multiple times and I didn't get it..You should limit your language options to English, Urdu or Punjabi to interact with me. You can use some Swedish, German etc as well.
Well ask any non crapple user they share similar views on the general behavior of crapple users :D

Why is criticizing an inferior product a bad thing i think the public shoukd know which comoany restricts you and which company wants you to do more with less :D

Nah in Pakistan we have 45C summers where our faces turn red and our eyes burn if we walk in the sun for too long :D
Ah summer Ramzan how you test me and tempt me :D

Oh btw the comment was in punjabi it just had some typos because i was typing with one hand with biscuits all over my keyboard :D

Back
Top Bottom