What's new

No universal quality education, no strong country: Chinese premier

aimarraul

Reaction score
English.news.cn 2010-03-05 11:21:04 FeedbackPrintRSS

BEIJING, March 5 (Xinhua) -- A country can not become strong or prosperous if it does not make education universal and improve its quality, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said Friday.

China will give "high priority" to developing education, Wen said in the government work report delivered at the annual session of the National People's Congress, the top legislature.

Wen said China will promptly begin to implement the Outline of the National Medium- and Long-Term Program for Education Reform and Development, a major move on reforming the education.

The draft outline was published Sunday for public opinions.

Wen said China will focus on five areas in the implementation of the outline. They are, namely, to advance education reform, promote the balanced development of compulsory education, strengthen vocational education, reform the management and admissions systems of institutions of higher learning, and improve the ranks of teachers.

The annual amount of government investment in education will increase to 4 percent of the country's total gross domestic product (GDP) by 2012, according to the outline.

English.news.cn 2010-03-05 11:21:04 FeedbackPrintRSS

BEIJING, March 5 (Xinhua) -- A country can not become strong or prosperous if it does not make education universal and improve its quality, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said Friday.

China will give "high priority" to developing education, Wen said in the government work report delivered at the annual session of the National People's Congress, the top legislature.

Wen said China will promptly begin to implement the Outline of the National Medium- and Long-Term Program for Education Reform and Development, a major move on reforming the education.

The draft outline was published Sunday for public opinions.

Wen said China will focus on five areas in the implementation of the outline. They are, namely, to advance education reform, promote the balanced development of compulsory education, strengthen vocational education, reform the management and admissions systems of institutions of higher learning, and improve the ranks of teachers.

The annual amount of government investment in education will increase to 4 percent of the country's total gross domestic product (GDP) by 2012, according to the outline.

Only 4% that too in future.

The Government of India's expenditure on education has been 3.5% of GDP in last 3 years. The XI Plan Approach Paper approved by NDC says that the XI Plan should ensure that we move towards raising public spending in education to 6% of GDP.

Yeah i know about current literacy but it is old story before troll kings join the party. Also, quantity of patent is not worth much as quality of patents. But what about higher education?

The Government of India's expenditure on education has been 3.5% of GDP in last 3 years. The XI Plan Approach Paper approved by NDC says that the XI Plan should ensure that we move towards raising public spending in education to 6% of GDP.

Yeah i know about current literacy but it is old story before troll kings join the party. Also, quantity of patent is not worth much as quality of patents. But what about higher education?

Your current literacy is so low so you should pay more money on enducation. And do you forgot that chinese DGP is 3.5times of India chinese population is 1.1timese of indian. Our enducation bugget per capital is very a head than yours.:blink:

Your current literacy is so low so you should pay more money on enducation. And do you forgot that chinese DGP is 3.5times of India chinese population is 1.1timese of indian. Our enducation bugget per capital is very a head than yours.:blink

head???

Why are u talking like a kid any person with little knowledge knows that the "Literacy" is nothing, You need less money to literate a person than make him graduate with higher education.

As India have less literate people India needs less money for education than China becuase China already have more litracy so you people have to educate your people to next level and that is costly.

Hence it is proved that China need more money not India in this regard.

Also this thread is about quality education not about literacy so read before replying.

U also have larger land area and more population to cover, also why don't u give same argument for defense budget.

As India have less literate people India needs less money for education than China becuase China already have more litracy so you people have to educate your people to next level and that is costly.Hence it is proved that China need more money not India in this regard.

:rofl::rofl:
Your logic is quite unique. I cant stop laughing, I cant believe you are so ignorant to say these. You need re-enducation, really.
:rofl:

Also this thread is about quality education not about literacy so read before replying.
Whatever quality education or literacy, you need more money to invest in that.

U also have larger land area and more population to cover, also why don't u give same argument for defense budget.
Yes, bcoz you have world lowest literacy rate so you dont need money to invest into education(A logic said by you in your post.) and you can have more defense budget. And bcoz chinese have over 90% literacy rate so china should not have more defence bugget.:rofl:
Bye the way: I support china should invest more money into education, but your logic is so funny and unique to me.:lol:

head???

Why are u talking like a kid any person with little knowledge knows that the "Literacy" is nothing, You need less money to literate a person than make him graduate with higher education.

As India have less literate people India needs less money for education than China becuase China already have more litracy so you people have to educate your people to next level and that is costly.

Hence it is proved that China need more money not India in this regard.

India is in greater need of educational reforms. Rurally speaking, and in the urban country in general, India doesn't offer proper access to classrooms and textbooks for its students. Whereas China, has reformed education at a national status decades ago, and is in no need to continue pouring in as much as India. Also, remember that China's GDP is 4x India's. Since I don't have figues, let's make India's GDP x. Hence, China's will be 4x. 6% of x=0.06x, which is India's funds for education. 4% x 4x=0.16x. So, which one is higher?

China=0.16 of whatever India's GDP is.

India=0.06 of whatever its GPD is.

Guess what, CHINA STILL BESTS INDIA IN FUNDS!

STOP TROLLING AND GO HOME, post reported.

Thanks to wiki for providing me the basics for my calculation.

:rofl::rofl:
Your logic is quite unique. I cant stop laughing, I cant believe you are so ignorant to say these. You need re-enducation, really.
:rofl:

Whatever quality education or literacy, you need more money to invest in that.

Yes, bcoz you have world lowest literacy rate so you dont need money to invest into education(A logic said by you in your post.) and you can have more defense budget. And bcoz chinese have over 90% literacy rate so china should not have more defence bugget.:rofl:
Bye the way: I support china should invest more money into education, but your logic is so funny and unique to me.:lol:

give some pressure to your grey matter then u can understand little bit if not full.

To literate a illiterate person u need less amount of money.

A already literate person will go for graduation and then post graduation for this u need more money for infrastructure like Schools, colleges, Universities, teachers, libraries, computers, laboratories etc etc.

Even if u don't understand this simple logic i highly doubt level of education in china.

give some pressure to your grey matter then u can understand little bit if not full.

A already literate person will go for graduation and then post graduation for this u need more money for infrastructure like Schools, colleges, Universities, teachers, libraries, computers, laboratories etc etc.

Even if u don't understand this simple logic i highly doubt level of education in china.

And I doubt the education in India, because what does literacy have to do with what the premier said. Stop de-railing the thread, go to the Indian sub and muck about there please.

My god, What a A3 logic. Yes, bcoz indian literacy is low, so you dont need money to build infrastructure like schools and bla bla bla for graducation, then time is going, when you need those infrastructure, they will come out from space and you dont need money to build them. Yes, you are right, with alian tech you dont need money to build them.:rofl:

Yeah i know about current literacy but it is old story before troll kings join the party.

You're the only troll here. This is about China, not India and for your information, this article is talking about percentage of GDP, China's GDP is much larger than yours, therefore they spend more per person on Education than India does, and that reflects on your literacy rates.

head???

India really needs to invest more money on their education!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There is no point to bring India to this topic. US' education budget is always around 6% of its GDP, while many universities in China were forced to get nearly all of their spending by themselves. If we includes other problems in Chinese education system, China still has decades of work to reform it to matching US current level.
Personally, I do really hope premier Wen can stay in his position longer, so he can carry necessary reforms in all sectors.

Our primary school and middle school education is ok, the problem is in universities, toooooooooooooooooooo bureaucracy:hitwall:

Our primary school and middle school education is ok, the problem is in universities, toooooooooooooooooooo bureaucracy:hitwall:

US primary and middle school education is trash, but their universities are top of the world.

Back
Top Bottom