What's new

No right, no left: K-P government to face united PPP, ANP, JUI-F front in LG polls

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: An alliance between the Awami National Party, Pakistan Peoples Party and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl for the soon-to-be-announced local government (LG) polls was formally declared on Monday. The partnership is the result of prolonged deliberations among the three opposition parties.

Senior ANP leader Mian Iftikhar Hussain told reporters at the Peshawar Press Club that the leadership of the three parties have agreed to form a tripartite alliance for upcoming LG polls in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. The alliance will be represented by a four-member committee. Hussain himself would be heading the committee, with JUI-F’s Haji Ghulam Ali as vice president, Haji Jalil Jan as press secretary and PPP’s Najmuddin Khan as the general secretary. These posts will be rotated every month, informed Hussain.

The ANP leader said the inclusion of other political parties or independent groups in the alliance will be taken after consultation among the three parties. He said the exact formula of the partnership will be figured out by the parties’ district chapters. “District chapters will keep the conditions of each party in the particular district in view when making decisions,” he said.

In case of a dispute among the district chapters, the issue will be forwarded to the central committee, he shared.

To a question, the former minister said, “If we can come together for democracy against martial law then there is also no harm in joining hands for elections.” He said they will also ask for a unified election symbol for the LG polls if there is no legal bar on it.

The alliance leaders also asked the government to arrange the LG polls as soon as possible.

PPP leaders Rahim Dad Khan, Faisal Karim Kundi and Humayun Khan, ANP’s Aqil Shah and JUI-F’s Maulana Attaur Rehman, Haij Ghulam Ali, Asif Iqbal Daudzai and Abdul Jalil Jan were present on the occasion.

This will be the second time when the three parties have agreed on forming an electoral alliance. In August last year, the parties had united against PTI and its coalition partners during the by-polls for NA-1.

No right, no left: K-P government to face united PPP, ANP, JUI-F front in LG polls – The Express Tribune

So all who lost their 'huqa paani' have formed an alliance against PTI. I believe that their time is over and the people of KPK are going to give them a run for their money.

they are going to get rejected by the people of KPK and then will yell about rigging :coffee:

So all who lost their 'huqa paani' have formed an alliance against PTI. I believe that their time is over and the people of KPK are going to give them a run for their money.
But atleast they don't bow to the taliban so easily.Also i can tell you that PTI has lost some of its magic since assuming power and ANP particularly has gained alot.

But atleast they don't bow to the taliban so easily.Also i can tell you that PTI has lost some of its magic since assuming power and ANP particularly has gained alot.

ANP has been signing deals with the TTP during its tenure and has been one of the most corrupt on record. PTI never had magic, it depends on how they govern that province and ought to be judged once their term ends.

ANP has been signing deals with the TTP during its tenure and has been one of the most corrupt on record. PTI never had magic, it depends on how they govern that province and ought to be judged once their term ends.
I by no means support ANP but don't you think IK has pretty much lost his liberal mindset.Maybe coaching from zaid hamid and JI will do that for you:coffee:
On topic i am just speaking of the political reality.As someone who lives here the support has declined drastically since what i saw in the elections and in my opinion rightly so:butcher:

There was even bigger alliance in by elections after 11th may elections 2013

where by elections were held on 40+ seats in whole of Pakistan

PMLN,PPP,ANP,JUIF,PKMAP etc etc were all together

Even then with Grace of God Almighty PTI won

do it again InShAllah they will meet the same fate

I by no means support ANP but don't you think IK has pretty much lost his liberal mindset.Maybe coaching from zaid hamid and JI will do that for you:coffee:
On topic i am just speaking of the political reality.As someone who lives here the support has declined drastically since what i saw in the elections and in my opinion rightly so:butcher:

Your opinion is respected, though i tend to disagree.

Just a few days ago, OP @cb4 posted this crap: Foes today, friends tomorrow? : PPP, PTI forging LG polls alliance

Make your mind haters, make your effin mind.. :lol:

Conflict of Interest. Politics is very dirty, It can go out either way. After all you had alliance with QWP and played your part. Perhaps PTI's alliance with PPP may occur if PML-N and JUI-F forge their alliance Just few days ago, Hashmi was suggesting JUI-F in a softer tone that they should both go out in a parade to stop drones. I should say that PTI is trying to cool its relations with JUI-F by matching their ideologies, all for the reason that a potential alliance with PML-N is a threat . The article that you reminded me actually shows how paranoid PTI is and how far it can go. It described how a meeting was arranged in Karachi and how silence came upon on the issue of Bilawal House Wall ! In a nutshell, PTI was a confused party from day one and continues to show like one still today.

PTI is not miraculously 'naya' as one might think. A similar alliance along with PML-Q exists in Punjab and the bigger part of strategy or interest i should say, is to try and take over South Punjab. It is pertinent to note that there are Feudal Leaders in PPP and PTI and they are just agitated by PML-N's popularity, which exists in all spheres. :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom