What's new

No plans to extend e-Tourist Visa to Chinese nationals: Government

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Government has no plans to extend the e-Tourist Visa to Chinese nationals as of now, Rajya Sabha was informed today.

"At present government of India has not planned to extend the e-Tourist Visa (old name Tourist Visa-on-Arrival enabled with Electronic Travel Authorisation) programme to Chinese,"Minister of Statefor Home Kiren Rijiju said replying a written question.

Tourism MinisterMahesh Sharmahad said recently that government was planning to extend the scheme to a few more countries in phased manner in coming days that include the UK, France, Italy, Spain and China.

Government had launched the scheme on November 27, 2014 to 44 countries at 9 airports to facilitate short ofdurationinternational travellers.

The eTV enabled by Electronic Travel Authorisation would enable the prospective visitor to apply for an Indian visa from his or her home country online without visiting theIndian missionand also pay the visa fee online.

Once approved, the applicant will receive an email authorising him or her to travel to India and he or she can travel with a print out of this authorisation. On arrival, the visitor has to present the authorisation to the immigration authorities who would then stamp the entry into the country.

No plans to extend e-Tourist Visa to Chinese nationals: Government - The Economic Times

Since, when China declared official enemy ?
since china is illegally occupying our land(aksai chin) and claiming our land(AP). did forgot 1962? did you forgot china gave nuclear weapons to pakistan? did you forgot china is giving all latest military tech to pakistan which will be used against us. so tell me now isnt china acting like enemy?

there is no need to give any special treatment to our enemies.
special treatment? incredible indian indeed, e-tourist visa to atract tourists benifits india itself

since china is illegally occupying our land(aksai chin) and claiming our land(AP). did forgot 1962? did you forgot china gave nuclear weapons to pakistan? did you forgot china is giving all latest military tech to pakistan which will be used against us. so tell me now isnt china acting like enemy?
the war in 1962 was started by you,chinese just responded properly.as for pakistan, the world dont revolve around india.the country viewed as enemy by india should be isolated by the whole world?

since china is illegally occupying our land(aksai chin) and claiming our land(AP). did forgot 1962?
If we live in the past then most of the world is our enemy.
did you forgot china gave nuclear weapons to pakistan?
We can't prove it but if we give the answer then arm the Vietnam Philippines
did you forgot china is giving all latest military tech to pakistan which will be used against us. so tell me now isnt china acting like enemy?
Nobody stopped us to arm Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan etc.

do correct me if I'm wrong about it but unlike Siachin, isn't 'Aksai Chin' useless and of no great strategic value ?

I say we give it to them under condition that they stop claiming Arunachal and end all border disputes with them. That would give us big leverage with China as it breaks one common aspect of the 'sweeter than honey, higher than mountain..' strategic headache.

do correct me if I'm wrong about it but unlike Siachin, isn't 'Aksai Chin' useless and of no great strategic value ?

I say we give it to them under condition that they stop claiming Arunachal and end all border disputes with them. That would give us big leverage with China as it breaks one common aspect of the 'sweeter than honey, higher than mountain..' strategic headache.
It is our land. it is our motherland it does not matter if it is useless. why should we give it to china? just because we are weaker than them? sorry but thats not right. its better to maintain status quo until we become stronger.

It is our land. it is our motherland it does not matter if it is useless. why should we give it to china? just because we are weaker than them? sorry but thats not right. its better to maintain status quo until we become stronger.
I understand that sentiment well but the Chinese do have a point when they talk about the British having drawn lines of their own when they left, Aksai is mostly a useless barren protrusion into a non strategically important (to China) area of modern day China, all of their major cities and trade hubs are in the far east.

so unless I'm missing a trick and it happens to be of great military and strategic value... Aksai to China, with the express understanding that they give up all claims to Arunachal might be a good deal, maybe time to be pragmatic about it and think bigger picture ?

Back
Top Bottom