Suriya

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
No New Development At Doklam, Says Indian Government

All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: October 27, 2017 21:17 IST

sikkim-sector-doklam-file-photo-ndtv_650x400_71501930671.jpg

NEW DELHI: The centre today said there are no new developments at Doklam and its vicinity and that reports to the contrary were incorrect.

"I would like to reiterate that there is no new development at the face-off site and its vicinity since the August 28 disengagement," External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said.

He was asked about a media report about China ramping up its military presence in areas close to Doklam.

"The status quo prevails in the area and any suggestion to the contrary is incorrect and mischievous," said Mr Kumar.

Troops of India and China were locked in a 73-day-long standoff in Doklam since June 16 after the Indian side stopped the building of a road in the area by the Chinese Army. Bhutan and China have a dispute over Doklam.

The MEA on August 28 had announced that both sides were disengaging from the face-off site.

Yes , for China if they plan to sit out there and experience the chill .

I don't know which economy is more stable.

It depends for whom is the issue more urgent. Investment for the future depends on it. China cannot afford to go back nor will they.

What is the Indian establishment stance?

It depends for whom is the issue more urgent. Investment for the future depends on it. China cannot afford to go back nor will they.

A BIG yawn at the rather kiddish efforts of uninvolved third parties to fan cold ashes back into flame. Why don't you watch basketball or something, now that you've got so much time on your hands?

Indian govt stance was to stop that road and China is doing everything around that area expect build that road .:lol:

If they try to pave that road again , india troops would make 5 minutes walk to the spot and play party pooper once again

My hunch is idea behind Chinese Troop presence in the area was to stick around till communist party session which finished just few days back . Since it is over now , they will go back.

BTW India too hasn't reduced it's troop level in the area for this winter which it usually does and watching every Chinese move .

A BIG yawn at the rather kiddish efforts of uninvolved third parties to fan cold ashes back into flame. Why don't you watch basketball or something, now that you've got so much time on your hands?

The Indian government released the statement.

I am neutral on this. Let me put it in a language you lot understand.

This is a bilateral issue between India and China.

Indian govt stance was to stop that road and China is doing everything around that area expect build that road .:lol:

If they try to pave that road again , india troops would make 5 minutes walk to the spot and play party pooper once again

My hunch is idea behind Chinese Troop presence in the area was to stick around till communist party session which finished just few days back . Since it is over now , they will go back.

BTW India too hasn't reduced it's troop level in the area for this winter which it usually does and watching every Chinese move .

Sounds fair play.

Who has more to loose in doklam?

If they are not building the road what the hell are they building?

The lower terrain definitely favours a defensive warfare I am told.?.

Let's take it one step at a time.
  1. This is a bilateral issue between India and China.
  2. The Indian government has already released a statement, saying that nothing has changed.
  3. We are asked by neither an Indian nor a Chinese what is the Indian government's stance.
I suppose I'm getting senile when I read these and think that someone's trying to make trouble. Someone not involved in the first place. Yup, that's it, senile. Nobody could be that obvious. That would be big-time stupid.

Sounds fair play.

Who has more to loose in doklam?

If they are not building the road what the hell are they building?

The lower terrain definitely favours a defensive warfare I am told.?

1. Nobody really has much to lose at Doklam.
  2. This whole incident has to do with the overall PLA drive to improve their go-to-battle stance; their airborne and rail-mounted logistics, their centralised reserves, and their drive to take their roads right down to their side of the border in a very, very large number of places, leaving the enemy left guessing where the attack might come from.
  3. They are building roads. This one doesn't stop short, but takes it right up to the border. This is their terrestrial 9-dash line.
  4. Indian troops are perched on a hill-top overlooking the Chinese position.

2. The Indian government has already released a statement, saying that nothing has changed.
  3. We are asked by neither an Indian nor a Chinese what is the Indian government's stance.
I suppose I'm getting senile when I read these and think that someone's trying to make trouble. Someone not involved in the first place. Yup, that's it, senile. Nobody could be that obvious. That would be big-time stupid.

The thread is only 40 minutes old and on a Pakistani forum.

Do you want an apartheid here or what?

Your attitude is hampering my academical approach on this.

1. Nobody really has much to lose at Doklam.
  2. This whole incident has to do with the overall PLA drive to improve their go-to-battle stance; their airborne and rail-mounted logistics, their centralised reserves, and their drive to take their roads right down to their side of the border in a very, very large number of places, leaving the enemy left guessing where the attack might come from.
  3. They are building roads. This one doesn't stop short, but takes it right up to the border. This is their terrestrial 9-dash line.
  4. Indian troops are perched on a hill-top overlooking the Chinese position.

Well you made a lot of assumptions.

The doklam incident did not happen overnight.

What is the legal cover for all of this? Bhutan is very quiet though

The thread is only 40 minutes old and on a Pakistani forum.

Do you want an apartheid here or what?

Your attitude is hampering my academical approach on this.

If you work assiduously to build a certain reputation and a profile, why complain about people making assumptions about your posts? Your follow up post seemed genuinely interested; it got a straight answer.

You need to decide if you are a Pakistani supremacist or you are willing to ask straight questions and get straight answers.

Well you made a lot of assumptions.

The doklam incident did not happen overnight.

What is the legal cover for all of this? Bhutan is very quiet though

Bhutan has handed over the right of defence of their territory to India. Indian troops are at that spot because they need to guard Bhutanese territory. Bhutan is very quiet because it has nothing else to do.

If you work assiduously to build a certain reputation and a profile, why complain about people making assumptions about your posts? Your follow up post seemed genuinely interested; it got a straight answer.

You need to decide if you are a Pakistani supremacist or you are willing to ask straight questions and get straight answers.

Bhutan has handed over the right of defence of their territory to India. Indian troops are at that spot because they need to guard Bhutanese territory. Bhutan is very quiet because it has nothing else to do.

I am a Pakistani supremacist for you. Yes

But the issue is bilateral between India and China.

Pakistan is just an innocent bystander in this.

Politically how critical is doklam to India since I know how important it is to the Chinese.

I am a Pakistani supremacist for you. Yes

But the issue is bilateral between India and China.

Pakistan is just an innocent bystander in this.

Politically how critical is doklam to India since I know how important it is to the Chinese.

My understanding (contrary to rumours floated on PDF, I am not GoI) is that the location is not important, but the context was; the PLA has done this so often that the time had come to put a stop to it.

My understanding (contrary to rumours floated on PDF, I am not GoI) is that the location is not important, but the context was; the PLA has done this so often that the time had come to put a stop to it.

Timing is quite peculiar to make a point.

The planned construction did not start overnight.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom