What's new

No load-shedding for President, PM, judges and generals

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
51b57ecc8d8b4.jpg

In a startling disclosure before a Senate committee, the chief executive of Islamabad Electricity Supply Company on Monday said there was no load-shedding at the Presidency, Prime Minister House, Supreme Court, GHQ, headquarters of ISI, National Accountability Bureau and National Database and Registration Authority and the Judges Colony. The disclosure comes at a time when the country is facing worst load-shedding ranging from 12-20 hours a day.

Islamabad Electric Supply Company (IESCO) chief Yousuf Awan who was summoned by the Senate Standing Committee on Power to describe the reasons for load-shedding spilled the beans when the committee’s chairman, Senator Zahid Khan, asked him to name government offices which were exempt from load-shedding.

As temperatures across the country continue to rise over 40 degrees, the disclosure by the IESCO chief had drawn severe criticism from the Senate committee.

“I am utterly disgusted that a common man is facing up to 21 hours of load-shedding while the president, prime minister, generals and judges were facing no load-shedding even though they can afford to keep generators,” Khan said in his remarks.

Khan added that exemption should only be afforded to hospitals and centres managing healthcare.

He threatened to resign in case the practice was not interrupted and government offices and residences were not treated as the rest of the country.

The committee chairman directed the officials to bring an end to the discrimination within 24 hours and report back to the committee on their progress.

The committee also summoned the minister and secretary for water and power to explain why government offices and residences of government functionaries were not undergoing load-shedding as the rest of the country.

Meanwhile, protests against excessive load-shedding in Faisalabad and Khanewal continued.

The country is facing a shortfall of over 4,500 megawatts of power resulting in unprecedented load-shedding. Since taking over, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has vowed to address the concerns on power crisis and has dubbed the issue as one to be dealt with as a matter of priority. The first cabinet meeting of the new government is also taking place to take stock of the energy crisis.

No load-shedding for President, PM, judges and generals - DAWN.COM

luckily last night Nawaz was in state guest house, tou unki barkat say hamari light nahi gaye.... :yahoo:

all hail to the nawaz kingo !!:rolleyes:

The most surprising places here are Judges Colony, NAB and NADRA. Why no loadshedding there?

Only defence installations and hospitals should be exempted.

Agreed indeed. No body should be exempted but For NADRA it makes sense since NADRA holds and builds up the national database thus its data storage facilities should be exempted.

The most surprising places here are Judges Colony, NAB and NADRA. Why no loadshedding there?

Only defence installations and hospitals should be exempted.

no loadshedding in GOR I, II, III either, no loadshedding in many other fidders as much as 35 in Lahore alone who are exempted from loadshedding.

buy here is a solution for you :D

some really good advice for gareeb awam went unnoticed, its a great solution to curtail load shedding, go try gareebo...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/195127-better-solution-load-shedding.html

Agreed indeed. No body should be exempted but For NADRA it makes sense since NADRA holds and builds up the national database thus its data storage facilities should be exempted.

Yeah maybe the supercomputers installed there need to be active 24/7, but not the whole facility. Or maybe the whole facility can be exempted only during office timings.

ROFL, that was a gem!!!

BTW, I have also heard that when Gilani was PM, there wasn't any loadshedding in the area of his house...it's in DHA i think.

I don't understand why your government doesn't promote solar power. State governments in India are going all out into the solar camp.

Individual off/on -grid solutions or centralized solutions. For individual, government can offer subsidies.

Yeah maybe the supercomputers installed there need to be active 24/7, but not the whole facility. Or maybe the whole facility can be exempted only during office timings.
How can one do that? I mean this would only be possible if two completely different power lines are allowed to NADRA with dedicated power connection for database servers. That would complicate things.

I don't understand why your government doesn't promote solar power. State governments in India are going all out into the solar camp.

Individual off/on -grid solutions or centralized solutions. For individual, government can offer subsidies.

I agree, There's a lot of space available in premises of government offices. These departments can purchase solar panels out of their budget. And even the solar panels cost have become as low as 65 PKR/Watt

ROFL, that was a gem!!!

BTW, I have also heard that when Gilani was PM, there wasn't any loadshedding in the area of his house...it's in DHA i think.

yes, that is true as well.

:raise:Mian sahib few days ago and its posted on this forum said he cant sleep at night :omghaha:. Funny the people who are responsible for this mess are exempt from the consequences of there lack of leadership:astagh:.

How can one do that? I mean this would only be possible if two completely different power lines are allowed to NADRA with dedicated power connection for database servers. That would complicate things.

Isn't the database computer kept in a different building? I've heard that once from somebody that the mainframe systems are kept in the same general compound, but different building. That would complicate things a bit, but it would be the right thing IMO.

Uniform loadshedding.

I am really looking for government to introduce reverse metering. By this way if a house has installed solar panels/dynamo and produces more than consumption, it can always transfer the excess electricity to national grid and thus earn credit in return. If government really ecourages people to invest in solar panels and then sell its electricity to national grid, our people have enough money (since a decent solar farm may also be started from around 1 Million worth of investment), to run crazy after it. Furthermore, the government can also facilitate wind-farms on our uncultivatable lands by establishing supply grid and linking it to the land where investors be allowed to set up their solar-farms. This can bring an energy revolution since the energy market would become a retail industry.

I am really looking for government to introduce reverse metering. By this way if a house has installed solar panels/dynamo and produces more than consumption, it can always transfer the excess electricity to national grid and thus earn credit in return. If government really ecourages people to invest in solar panels and then sell its electricity to national grid, our people have enough money (since a decent solar farm may also be started from around 1 Million worth of investment), to run crazy after it. Furthermore, the government can also facilitate wind-farms on our uncultivatable lands by establishing supply grid and linking it to the land where investors be allowed to set up their solar-farms. This can bring an energy revolution since the energy market would become a retail industry.

These are the ideas that have been making the news for quite sometime. Along with giving excess to the grid, they do not consume any from the grid either, so they are not giving back the energy they are using, but giving excess!

But for this, the government would have to open up the solar market, subsidies, support equipment, batteries etc. Solar has been 'in' for quite sometime, but not on a big scale. Just a few houses in DHA, Bahria and the new street projects in FATA areas which are built by the UAE government and Army.

Back
Top Bottom