What's new

Nirbhay warms up for launch; DRDO gags its men

Nirbhay cruise missile to be tested on March 10? | idrw.org

The secretive Nirbhay subsonic cruise missile could be tested for the first time on March 10 at the Integrated Test Range off Odisha’s coast. Nearly nothing is officially known about the Nirbhay other than it is an intermediate range cruise weapon. DRDL, which will conduct the test, has been circumspect about the system and its capabilities. It hasn’t helped that the weapon has been delayed more than two years.

Earlier this year, DRDO Chief V.K. Saraswat highlighted the Nirbhay as one of three systems he wanted to see make a splash in 2013. “Nirbhay has good loitering capability, good control and guidance, high degree of accuracy in terms of impact and very good stealth features,” Saraswat said about the system. Sources indicate that a launch window begins on March 10 and will be contingent on weather conditions to facilitate telemetry especially since this is a first ever test.

The Nirbhay will be developed for multi-platform use, including from a road-mobile launcher (built by the Tata Group already to deploy the Prahar system), ship and submarine launch, as well as air launch from platforms like the Su-30MKI. While there is no official word, the Nirbhay is understood to be intended as a nuclear delivery system.

Nirbhay cruise missile to be tested on March 10? | idrw.org

The secretive Nirbhay subsonic cruise missile could be tested for the first time on March 10 at the Integrated Test Range off Odisha’s coast. Nearly nothing is officially known about the Nirbhay other than it is an intermediate range cruise weapon. DRDL, which will conduct the test, has been circumspect about the system and its capabilities. It hasn’t helped that the weapon has been delayed more than two years.

Earlier this year, DRDO Chief V.K. Saraswat highlighted the Nirbhay as one of three systems he wanted to see make a splash in 2013. “Nirbhay has good loitering capability, good control and guidance, high degree of accuracy in terms of impact and very good stealth features,” Saraswat said about the system. Sources indicate that a launch window begins on March 10 and will be contingent on weather conditions to facilitate telemetry especially since this is a first ever test.

The Nirbhay will be developed for multi-platform use, including from a road-mobile launcher (built by the Tata Group already to deploy the Prahar system), ship and submarine launch, as well as air launch from platforms like the Su-30MKI. While there is no official word, the Nirbhay is understood to be intended as a nuclear delivery system.

I won't take any dates. Just test the missile when its ready to be tested, thats all. Your announcements
in advance only make DRDO a laughing stock. You've been announcing dates since June 2012.

Stupid fools. Out to make the nation a laughing stock. No one cares when you test the missile, we just
care whether you test it or not and how the test went, thats all.

A strict set of rules should be issued to DRDO and all other PSUs regarding open media appearences and
advanced announcements.

Nirbhay is going to test on 10th March or another delay would be................by DRDO.

2 more days to go.........:)

DRDO , please test it this time.

I hope they test it on 10th march as declared

good luck to DRDO for launch. BTW I think that there will be 3 versions of Nirbhay: GLCM, SLCM, ALCM

I hope they test it on 10th march as declared

good luck to DRDO for launch. BTW I think that there will be 3 versions of Nirbhay: GLCM, SLCM, ALCM

What about ship launched version ??

I dont think march 10 is the final date. There must have been a total rumble on the net if true.

It is already on the test range.So if they have not change the date once more , we will be hearing the good news this sunday.

^^There is no ship-launched Nirbhay. IN does not want it. Only submarine-launched ones will be there.

I won't take any dates. Just test the missile when its ready to be tested, thats all. Your announcements
in advance only make DRDO a laughing stock. You've been announcing dates since June 2012.

Stupid fools. Out to make the nation a laughing stock. No one cares when you test the missile, we just
care whether you test it or not and how the test went, thats all.

A strict set of rules should be issued to DRDO and all other PSUs regarding open media appearences and
advanced announcements.

DRDO doesn't worry if fools will laugh or cry when it makes any plans. I dont think they will start worrying about it any time soon either.

When the Elephant walks, the dogs will bark................does it bother the Elephant ?

There is no ship-launched Nirbhay. IN does not want it. Only submarine-launched ones will be there.

There is nothing to indicate future ships if IN will not carry Nirbhay. In any case, Submarines are also operated by the IN :P

i think DRDO will take more time i may be march 10,2014 or even 2015:rofl:

we r making prior publicity about weapons test wnd chinese are without any prior notice test J 10 and J 11

just test weapons and get prestidge. the famous will follow the same.

Back
Top Bottom