What's new

'Nineteen countries' shun Nobel

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Nobel Peace Prize faces boycott over Liu Xiaobo
China and 18 other countries have said they will not attend Friday's Nobel Peace Prize ceremony for Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has said.

Russia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iraq and Iran are among those that refused.

Chinese officials earlier said a "vast majority" of the world community would stay away from the ceremony.

The committee describes Mr Liu as "the foremost symbol" of the human rights struggle in China.
BBC News - Nobel Peace Prize faces boycott over Liu Xiaobo

Any news on India's stand? I hope we do not attend. No point in upping the ante. This is actually an opportunity for us to show tha Chinese that we do not want to needle them unnecessarily.

i wish the indian govt abstains from voting. it will have a good impact on forth coming visit of chineese premier.

i wish the indian govt abstains from voting. it will have a good impact on forth coming visit of chineese premier.

coming visit will also be seen as chinese support to pakistan based terrorist groups which is a bigger thing then attanding or not attanding a prize ceramoney..

Last edited:
Nobel Peace Prize faces boycott over Liu Xiaobo
China and 18 other countries have said they will not attend Friday's Nobel Peace Prize ceremony for Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has said.

Russia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iraq and Iran are among those that refused.

Chinese officials earlier said a "vast majority" of the world community would stay away from the ceremony.

The committee describes Mr Liu as "the foremost symbol" of the human rights struggle in China.
BBC News - Nobel Peace Prize faces boycott over Liu Xiaobo

We thank those countries for their support.

If China supports Terrorism in India, We should Support Human Rights Activists for the betterment of Chinese Citiznes.

Nobel peace Prize should be named the Nobel prize for spreading unrest and war in the world

Obama and now this LIU XIAOBO

who's next ...Osama bin laden ?!?!

Back
Top Bottom