What's new

Nice way to evade/counter a BVR missile

guys for god sake he is not joking

and idea of tail gunner is not new its used before in many air crafts .germany USA UK soviet-russia used it in many air crafts and bombers but after arrived jet era and electronic era now they use jammers in tails .even in modren are there is tail guns on tu-95 and some time before on B-52. but in fighters better should be jammers as russians use is tail beam radars and jammers look here .

Sukhoi-NEZ-Defeat-2.png

TU-95
947929246_j5A8R-L.jpg

B-52 TAIL GUN
5557156762_de57e4e9f4.jpg

MYFV24P10_19.jpg

B29_tail_turret.jpg

jul04_13.jpg

This is a humor thread with intelligent ideas.

Laiq Saheb, If you climb up and then make a 90 degree turn, you are then parallel to the ground. Sorry that does not work in actuality

sir these are not my ideas .. these brilliant Ideas are coming from thread starter.

Ok, on serious note.....

Speed of a bullet = 1200 km/hr

Sound of speed = 1225 km/hr (also known as mach, mach 1 = 1225 km/hr)

speed of R-77 (BVR) = mach 4.5

Now you understand?

i think he was jus joking when he made thread

i think he was jus joking when he made thread

sardar sahab i was not joking...i am not fond of getting banned.....this kevlar net deploying like the speed reducing parachute at the last momnt can be mastered with some brain storming.4 aamrams on corners of the net can speed towards the BVR entangling it.

actually there could be another way toO that is damage control mode...sacrificing half of the aircraft to saVe the other half....like some switch that can propell forward the front of the plane from the rear at the last moment....like this we can save the cockpit with all its machinery and electronic equiment...aesa radar which is very expensive and if possible the engine...but i think engine would be too heavy for the parachute...the front half of the plane can be parachtued down to safety i guess and the rear part can go to the BVR.

some thing like ejection seat but in this case we are talking about the entire cockpit with expensive machinery and nose with aesa radar.

sardar sahab i was not joking...i am not fond of getting banned.....this kevlar net deploying like the speed reducing parachute at the last momnt can be mastered with some brain storming.4 aamrams on corners of the net can speed towards the BVR entangling it.

actually there could be another way toO that is damage control mode...sacrificing half of the aircraft to saVe the other half....like some switch that can propell forward the front of the plane from the rear at the last moment....like this we can save the cockpit with all its machinery and electronic equiment...aesa radar which is very expensive and if possible the engine...but i think engine would be too heavy for the parachute...the front half of the plane can be parachtued down to safety i guess and the rear part can go to the BVR.

some thing like ejection seat but in this case we are talking about the entire cockpit with expensive machinery and nose with aesa radar.

Man i like your ideas- keep them coming-
How about once the BVR missile is fired and detected coming at you- you max one engine and eject it out- the second engine will keep running at low power just to fly the plane?- Hopefully the missile will hit the ejected full hot burning engine?-

Man i like your ideas- keep them coming-
How about once the BVR missile is fired and detected coming at you- you max one engine and eject it out- the second engine will keep running at low power just to fly the plane?- Hopefully the missile will hit the ejected full hot burning engine?-

yes sir thats what i am trying to say....something coming out of the plane(some sort of mass/material heavy enough to disturb the BVR...

what if the plan is in the enemy territory ???? and all this front part fell in there hand??

what if the plan is in the enemy territory ???? and all this front part fell in there hand??
well sir that depends on circumstances...ofcourse then it would be wiser to let go of the entire plane ..although i am pretty sure if one can master the art of flying a plane at tree's height that is 10 meters from the ground..level flight....even the most sophisticated of BVR's would get confused and hit the ground.

yes sir thats what i am trying to say....something coming out of the plane(some sort of mass/material heavy enough to disturb the BVR...

hmm maybe few small compact uranium detonator or some thing :yes: like we use in tactical nuke- forget the EMP- you can restart the jet engine- but cannot restart the missile-

there is always an option for self detonation- once the pilot is at safe distance- hit the switch and Kaboooom- or the front part could be programmed to explode when some one tries to temper with it-

.................i think the thing ur looking for is called a TOWED DECOY!

Eurofighter Typhoon carries it on its wingtips. it acts as an "aircraft" to the incoming missile...
this is what it looks like..
m02007062400069.jpg

ELEC_AN-ALE-50_Aerial_Towed_Decoy_lg.jpg

ELEC_AN-ALE-55_Concept_lg.jpg

many new generation aircrafts carry them!

this is how it works!
( i copied and pasted from a web)

"The AN/ALE-55 fiber optic towed decoy system is being developed by BAE Systems to protect the US Air Force B-1B and the US Navy F/A-18E/F aircraft from radar-guided missiles. It is a derivative of the proven AN/ALE-50 towed decoy. The ALE-55 consists of a launch controller, launcher and fiber optic towed decoy (FOTD). It has the potential be used on a variety of platforms without undergoing major modification.

When deployed, the ALE-55's expendable aerial decoy is towed behind the aircraft using fiber optic. The decoy protects the host aircraft providing a more attractive target and steering the radar-guided missile away from the aircraft and right to the decoy. The long endurance ALE-55 has countered both surface-to-air and air-to-air missiles during development testing.

In August 2005, BAE Systems completed the AN/ALE-55 development testing program on the US Navy's F/A-18E/F platform. Formal development and testing are expected to be conducted by the US Navy until early 2006 when a low rate initial production order would be issued. Under the Integrated Defensive Electronic Countermeasures (IDECM) Block 3 program the AN/ALE-55 FOTD will be provided to the US Navy's F/A-18E/F fleet.

In July 2006 BAE Systems announced that had completed design, development and testing of a new deployment and retrieval mechanism for the AN/ALE-55 fiber-optic towed decoy for use on US Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle. The same decoy was also slated for deployment on the C-130 aircraft operated by the US Air Force"

- NOTE: it CAN be used by any platform!!

You know your plane is not really stable so who will take this Beyond Visual Aim?

I would modify your plan with some sort of a shot gun style barrage of pellets that can be released just as the missile gets close. Make them exploding pellets just to be sure. Of course the explosion shouldn't come and hit you back, so it will have to be tested.

Lol now that I have said it, the idea seems more like something from the old speed racer cartoons.

on a side note china should develop a similar system!
it is very important for todays aircrafts to carry this system! whether its a transport aircraft or fighter!

its probably the most cost effective way to counter a BVR threat!!!
ALE-50 Towed decoy system developed by Raytheon costs only $22,000!!!!

we or atleast china should develop one of these system for our thunder and other aircrafts!!
its better than spending millions on those expensive jammers...
just my opinion..

Back
Top Bottom