It was manufacture and developed by
Polish Defence Holding
and
BAE Systems

in the the research center
OBRUM

The aim of this joint adventure

Between PDH and BAE
Is to create a new platform that combines the concept of light tank and armored vehicle combat
And to assist the Polish troops in the the coming challenges of the era And manufacture will start in 2016 and the first series will be delivered in 2018

=========
Body
===
To face the challenges of today and also to reduce the risks the Polish Ministry of Defense asked to use the structure of CV90 for PL-01 tank

CV90ra.jpg

Because of the weight of the appropriate structure and also large potential to add upgrades on it
=======
General measurements
===

Length: 7 m
Width: 3.8 m
Height: 2.8 m
However with additional anti-mine protection shield system
Weigh: 35 tons
But the Polish army intended reduce the weight by 2 - 3 tons

=======
Engine
===

PL-01 tank used diesel engine was the expectation that the maximum speed of the tank off the road is 50 km and in the road speed of 70 km

======
Protection
===
PL-01 tank has a very high protection it has a multi-layered shield of ceramic component and aramid

It is resistant for improvised explosive devices and mines
Has has succeeded in tested STANAG 4569 level 5
(Agreed NATO standards, which sets the standards and conditions of the weapons used)

=======
Weapons
===
The DSV's 120 mm main gun is capable of at least six rounds per minute, while a 105 mm gun is expected to be an option for potential export customers. The turret features two ammunition drum magazines, with 12-16 ready to fire, and up to 29 rounds stored in the vehicle's chassis compartment. Alternatively, this space can be used for transporting up to four soldiers.

The additional armament - used for fighting in urban areas - would be a remote weapon station (RWS) with 7.62 mm or 12.7 mm machine gun or 40 mm grenade machine gun. The PL-01 Concept vehicle shown at MSPO is equipped with a ZSMU-1276/ZSMU-40 RWS from ZMT. The Polish-designed ZSMU-1276 passed additional military testing in July, and is ready for serial production.

======
Crew
===
The PL-01 tank crew consists from 3 soldiers

Source 1

Source 2
Source 3

original topic is from ARAB ARMY Forum by EGY__FaLCoN Has been translated to English by me

Do you really think the Poles have the technology and metals in order to make something new in the world of tank? The Poles?

It's just a toy, a dummy. No one will give the newest technology.
It'll soon show Armata tank - so it will be a combat unit, not a publicity stunt.
oh really
if BAE in the PL-01 project so it is the best Light tank ever
and what i know about Russian tanks when you hit them the turret fly
mijh8Y

you russian know only Missiles your S300 - S400 are dangerous your ICBM is dangerous but your tank are death trap

oh really
if BAE in the PL-01 project so it is the best Light tank ever
and what i know about Russian tanks when you hit them the turret fly
mijh8Y

you russian know only Missiles your S300 - S400 are dangerous your ICBM is dangerous but your tank are death trap
Russian tanks are best since 1940's.
people who have the choice buying Russian tanks. Only those who have no choice, who is ordered from the West - they take expensive and inefficiency in fighting Western tanks (does not apply to the German tanks, because the Germans, like the Russian is a good school).

Russian tanks are best since 1940's.
people who have the choice buying Russian tanks. Only those who have no choice, who is ordered from the West - they take expensive and inefficiency in fighting Western tanks (does not apply to the German tanks, because the Germans, like the Russian is a good school).

really
i m in the best Arabian military forum from 2009 and i learned from some experts that the best tank in the world is the M1A2 and Leopard 2 but the Russians are good only in the eyes of Russia

do you have war experience because USA have and every time they go to war they upgrade Abrams tank from the experience of the war
your tank sucks ....

really
i m in the best Arabian military forum from 2009 and i learned from some experts that the best tank in the world is the M1A2 and Leopard 2 but the Russians are good only in the eyes of Russia

do you have war experience because USA have and every time they go to war they upgrade Abrams tank from the experience of the war
your tank sucks ....

Americans can fight only with the natives, which helps no one. If they intermeddle somewhere where there is help, they quickly kicking a$s.
Their tanks are good in Hollywood films. On the streets of their quenched with an RPG-7. They can not shoot missiles from the muzzle and do not have dynamic armor, it's just a coffin on wheels.
Leopard - is another matter. And even despite the fact that Americans learned to build tanks from the Germans - still build crap. Crap of radioactive elements.

It looks 'great' but how it will actually do in the battlefield, that's something else.

Americans can fight only with the natives, which helps no one. If they intermeddle somewhere where there is help, they quickly kicking a$s.
Their tanks are good in Hollywood films. On the streets of their quenched with an RPG-7. They can not shoot missiles from the muzzle and do not have dynamic armor, it's just a coffin on wheels.
Leopard - is another matter. And even despite the fact that Americans learned to build tanks from the Germans - still build crap. Crap of radioactive elements.

you are typical russian

you are typical russian

Yes. I am.
Russian defeated Napoleon and watered their horses in the Seine. Russian defeated Hitler and hung the Red flag on the Reichstag. And destroyed a dozen smaller conquerors.
What do Americans so adored by you? Dropped an atomic bomb on women and children? Continue to bomb peaceful cities around the planet? What a heroism!!!

Back
Top Bottom