What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

Please enlighten us.

i have raised this issue before. This project worth almost $1Billion USD.

And if anyone of you have visited Airports of other countries you can easily compare it with them.
i have almost visited every airport of Middle east capitals i can easily say after watching pics of NIIA that it doesn't stand even near to any IA of middle eastern countries.

it's just an simple building standing on ugly concrete pillars and floor with outdated tiles and just check the roof man decade old aluminum ceiling used in any low grade office.i mean come on man it's an Airport of our Capital and symbol of our country. we're goona run it for decades with just basic old fashioned Design?

Just check out these and compare it.

14073104045183.jpg

chhatrapatiairport_2400x800_crystalcg_05jpg.jpg

hamad-airport-new07.jpg

You raise a valid point but this is your subjective opinion. $1 billion is a huge amount and it is true that project has budget has overrun but i believe that this airport will serve for Pakistan in more avenues than one (economic, access to citizens, our image etc). You can later add all the visual stuff later on as some project investment is returned. Moreover, it is better to have a highly trained and capable management than a shiny airport with ill mannered staff (I am referring to recent CAA personnel altercation with passengers).

I like the overall design and the location is fabulous but the execution of the work is terrible. Sub standard matarials have been used so the airport already has a faded, tired look to it even before it is opened.

better to have a highly trained and capable management than a shiny airport with ill mannered staff
No reason and it is even better to have both. It is not like 'shiny' and 'capable' are exclusive - indeed both are inclusive. Quality management makes sure that the built environment is shining and the staff are even more shining.

people are idiots they want a middle east like dream airport but dont realise that oil pays for all those kind of fancy things.

its pakistans first proper airport its good

Well feels very welcoming hopefully some artwork from Pakistan is used across airport to give it a very unique Pakistani touch

Honestly looks good compared to ancient Lahore and Karachi airport. Maybe design is bit outdated because construction started in 2004. Money can also be factor when comparing with much more expensive new airports.

And if anyone of you have visited Airports of other countries you can easily compare it with them.
i have almost visited every airport of Middle east capitals i can easily say after watching pics of NIIA that it doesn't stand even near to any IA of middle eastern countries.

it's just an simple building standing on ugly concrete pillars and floor with outdated tiles and just check the roof man decade old aluminum ceiling used in any low grade office.i mean come on man it's an Airport of our Capital and symbol of our country. we're goona run it for decades with just basic old fashioned Design?

View attachment 392365
View attachment 392366
View attachment 392367

Remember airport isn't complete yet, wait for final touches.

View attachment 392365
View attachment 392366
View attachment 392367

Cost of completion of Dubai airport Terminal 3 was 4.5 billion US$ in 2006, imagine what it would cost now and i think this cost must be for the infrastructure only.

new Islamabad International Airport has got ICAO code - OPIS

CAA Pakistan has published navigational procedures/charts, to be in effect from June 22, 2017 0001z

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom