What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

The problems in Pakistan airports are not as much due to the facilities and infrastructure, as they are due to the services (or lack thereof) and the petty officialdom running amok. Building grander airports solves only some of the problems.
Agreed! And the fun part is, THIS do not even need a lot of investment to improve on.

Agreed! And the fun part is, THIS do not even need a lot of investment to improve on.

It is no fun to watch certain passengers being greeted by certain people and bypassing lines at immigration and customs, specially after a long flight. Leaving the country is just as troublesome. I do not see that changing anytime soon, sadly.

It is no fun to watch certain passengers being greeted by certain people and bypassing lines at immigration and customs, specially after a long flight. Leaving the country is just as troublesome. I do not see that changing anytime soon, sadly.
Or seeing porters jumping on the cargo belts to collect cargo of some certain people. However i will keep hoping that it will change for good someday and will keep playing my part to do that. :)

BTW, this was in Isb airport. I have noticed that Lahore airport and its services are MUCH better compared to Isb. Dont know why!

Or seeing porters jumping on the cargo belts to collect cargo of some certain people. However i will keep hoping that it will change for good someday and will keep playing my part to do that. :)

BTW, this was in Isb airport. I have noticed that Lahore airport and its services are MUCH better compared to Isb. Dont know why!

The problem is for visitors who see this happening and the apathetic acceptance by the people all around that mars the image immeasurably. The funny thing is when the same passengers disembark at the other international end of their journey and are perfectly happy obeying rules and queues.

Yes, Lahore airport is better than Islamabad's, but not by much, relative to internationally accepted norms. The problem remains more with the people than with the infrastructure, in my view.

The problem is for visitors who see this happening and the apathetic acceptance by the people all around that mars the image immeasurably. The funny thing is when the same passengers disembark at the other international end of their journey and are perfectly happy obeying rules and queues.

Yes, Lahore airport is better than Islamabad's, but not by much, relative to internationally accepted norms. The problem remains more with the people than with the infrastructure, in my view.
It have to do more with disciplining!

And i disagree, Lahore airport in terms of infrastructure as well as services is MUCH better than Islamabad. There is a HUGE difference. You do not see the problems mentioned above in Lahore (very rare at least)

It have to do more with disciplining!

And i disagree, Lahore airport in terms of infrastructure as well as services is MUCH better than Islamabad. There is a HUGE difference. You do not see the problems mentioned above in Lahore (very rare at least)

I use Lahore far more often than Islamabad. I have seen the issues firsthand numerous times, Sir. Discipline is apparently a four letter word in Pakistan, despite the great Quaid's famous exhortation written everywhere.

I use Lahore far more often than Islamabad. I have seen the issues firsthand numerous times, Sir. Discipline is apparently a four letter word in Pakistan, despite the great Quaid's famous exhortation written everywhere.
Actually, i have to say that my experience are totally different than your than. I am also traveling twice or thrice a year our of Lahore. I have always found it to be way better than what i experienced at Islamabad airport (international travels)

Actually, i have to say that my experience are totally different than your than. I am also traveling twice or thrice a year our of Lahore. I have always found it to be way better than what i experienced at Islamabad airport (international travels)

You are right that the improvement is relative with Lahore being somewhat better, but both remain quite unsatisfactory given prevailing international standards.

You are right that the improvement is relative with Lahore being somewhat better, but both remain quite unsatisfactory given prevailing international standards.
I would put it like this:

Islamabad- THE WORST case and thus easy to beat by a mile and a half when it comes to services
Lahore - Quite nice, not worlds best but MILES ahead of Islamabad. Still room for improvement but just about satisfactory right now.

I would put it like this:

Islamabad- THE WORST case and thus easy to beat by a mile and a half when it comes to services
Lahore - Quite nice, not worlds best but MILES ahead of Islamabad. Still room for improvement but just about satisfactory right now.

I hope that "quite nice" and "just about satisfactory" lands either the Lahore, or, on topic in this thread, the new Islamabad Airport in this international ranking as both seem to be totally missing from it right now:

http://www.airlinequality.com/ratings/a-z-airport-rating/

As you said "room for improvement", as in lots and lots of room. :D

New Fire Trucks at New Islamabad international airport

DONEdAkXUAAtQyM.jpg

Incoming machinery & Ambulances at New Islamabad international airport

DOMpUPYXkAAmvv-.jpg

DOMpQrZW4AMxvXu.jpg

DOMpQUVX0AIIKfX.jpg

DOMpTZWW4AAt1TL.jpg

British Airways Official Visit New Islamabad International Airport. British Airways Is Interested To Resume Operations To Islamabad Again.

DONEUnmXcAEKRf_.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom