What's new

New Image Shows How B-52 Will Look After Engine, Radar Replacement

I would say that the capitulation of the Pakistan forces in East Pakistan is a much worse humiliation and defeat. Half your country rejected You.
You better keep quite before Sweden gets de-nazified. We capitulated to our own people and were within our own country (at that time), so there is a big difference.

I mean that airpower allowed 6000 Marines to defeat everything North Vietnam could throw at it.
At Dien Bien Phu, Giap had almost 6:1 numerical superiority where conventional wisdom says that 3:1 superiority is enough, so You can argue that the Vietnamese believed that Western soldiers were twice as good.

The situation is similar to a guy hiking in a forest that suddenly discovers that ants have infested his breakfast, so he traces them back to an anthill and gives it a royal kick, destroying the anthill. Some ants cling to the leg, and he kills them and leaves.
Some moron ants now declare that ”they have defeated the giant” and have a hearty laugh

Dedicated to losers all around the world:-

Defeated​

BY SOPHIE JEWETT
When the last fight is lost, the last sword broken;
The last call sounded, the last order spoken;
When from the field where braver hearts lie sleeping,
Faint, and athirst, and blinded, I come creeping,
With not one waving shred of palm to bring you,
With not one splendid battle-song to sing you,
O Love, in my dishonor and defeat,
Your measureless compassion will be sweet.

This bomber can be considered a strategic weapon, Asymmetrical warfare is different than the wars between countries, Why are people even arguing over who defeat US, where and how ? It does not matter.
It matter emotionally. These people simply cannot stand the idea that the US military is that powerful. They are emotionally invested into minimizing the US military thru any mean, no matter how intellectually dishonest.

It matter emotionally. These people simply cannot stand the idea that the US military is that powerful. They are emotionally invested into minimizing the US military thru any mean, no matter how intellectually dishonest.
I wonder if people think it all the way through ? I mean I was once like that, Although I want to see a rival power to US, so world matters can be balanced, but does my feelings matter on the grand scale ? Nope, not at all... Plus if (lets say) US Power is diminish and a rival power took its position, do people really believe that new power will be any different ? Becoming a Super Power is not just dominating the world economically its through power, power that corrupts and trample the weak. If China took US position as Super power they might start off as goodie goodie but to consolidate that status they will have to constantly project their dominance over the weak, its how we humans are programmed.

Dedicated to losers all around the world:-

Defeated​

BY SOPHIE JEWETT
When the last fight is lost, the last sword broken;
The last call sounded, the last order spoken;
When from the field where braver hearts lie sleeping,
Faint, and athirst, and blinded, I come creeping,
With not one waving shred of palm to bring you,
With not one splendid battle-song to sing you,
O Love, in my dishonor and defeat,
Your measureless compassion will be sweet.
Afghanistan lost the last fight with the US as they were shown to be impotent against US drones.
It shows that the Taliban rule only because they are permitted by the US.
Meanwhile, the Taliban grovel at the feet of the West begging for help, because they are not competent to govern. Only to wreck and destroy.

You better keep quite before Sweden gets de-nazified. We capitulated to our own people and were within our own country (at that time), so there is a big difference.

I guess You cannot respond to arguments, when You are shown to be wrong.

What use did that achieve in Vietnam and Afghanistan?
Hi,

In vietnam---possibly killed about 3.5 million vietnamese---out of the estimated 4.5 million dead.

Estimated 4.5 million dead means about 7-8 million dead.

If that is the case then one can claim that about 6.5 to 7.5 million killed by the B52 bobins.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, the Taliban grovel at the feet of the West begging for help, because they are not competent to govern. Only to wreck and destroy.
The US simply could not do anything against the Taliban. Kill as many as you like, someone will be there to take their spot. It's a relentless ideology, and they are willing to give up their life for it no matter the odds.

As for "begging", they're attempting to engage in international politics with the situation they have available to them and help their people.

Maybe if they can control their internal feuds then the destruction will be minimised internally.

I would say that the capitulation of the Pakistan forces in East Pakistan is a much worse humiliation and defeat. Half your country rejected You.
There are still many military adventures that rank higher than that on such a list.
That's a fair point but also irrelevant to this discussion

What use did that achieve in Vietnam and Afghanistan?

B-52 bombers were used in Operation Linebacker II in 1972. This operation showed that Vietcong could be defeated: Vietcong suffered heavy losses and its mission to retake South Vietnam was delayed by 3 years. Vietcong came to the negotiation table but Nixon administration demanded one thing - withdrawal of American troops without incident. Vietcong was like this is it? Tears of joy....

B-52 bombers were used in Operation Enduring Freedom in 2001 to help topple Afghan Taliban-led government and this mission was achieved in 2 months. Afghan Taliban lost thousands of combatants to US-led forces and it took them 3 years to recover from this setback.

B-52 bombers were used in Operation Falcon Summit in 2006 to help clear Eastern provinces of Paktika, Khost, Ghazni, Paktia, Logar and Nuristan from fresh Afghan Taliban groups. Afghan Taliban lost over 1000 combatants in these regions and decided to avoid open-ended clashes with US-led forces henceforth. Afghan Taliban shifted their focus to sabotaging US-backed Afghan government henceforth.

B-52 bombers can be used to produce significant battlefield effects in any location and compel enemy forces to forfeit their activities and disperse from any location. And these aircraft have never disappointed.

But these aircraft are NOT called into action every now and then. They are suitable for destroying landscapes and shock & awe type missions (big stuff). They are NOT suitable for COIN operations.

The US simply could not do anything against the Taliban. Kill as many as you like, someone will be there to take their spot. It's a relentless ideology, and they are willing to give up their life for it no matter the odds.

As for "begging", they're attempting to engage in international politics with the situation they have available to them and help their people.

Maybe if they can control their internal feuds then the destruction will be minimised internally.
The US can kill Talibans like maggots, if they so choose and there is nothing the Taliban can do to stop them. That they will be replaced, does not help those killed.

The best way to help the people is to resign and let people with actual competence run the show.

That's a fair point but also irrelevant to this discussion
It is an example that shows the claim that the US leaving Afghanistan is the worst defeat and humiliation in the history of warfare is a load of rubbish.

I don't understand why people can't be objective about it. There are different tools for different situations.

The B52 is a sledgehammer - you use it where you require a sledgehammer, not where you need a screwdriver or a spanner.

If the US decided to use its B52 Fleet it could turn the course of a battle or even a war IF they can provide them the air cover to operate in.

But transporting smaller engines on cargo jets en masse is probably easier as replacements.

Likely the answer. I can imagine trying to do maintenance on 4 big engines on a runway in Diego Garcia is simply not practical. Even with smaller engines they likely just want to do a quick swap-out and get it back in the air. Huge engines seem like a nightmare.

Last edited:
Afghanistan lost the last fight with the US as they were shown to be impotent against US drones.

I guess You cannot respond to arguments, when You are shown to be wrong.
In war we only look at outcomes and not excuses. The B52s certainly did delay defeat and helped kill millions of people but did not change the outcome. Don't put spins on losing, be humble and accept defeat as it is as per the US Chief of Staff no matter how bitter it is. No Champion fighter wins every day as one day he meets his match. Yes, the Taliban may be evil, cruel and barbaric beggars but it doesn't change the fact, sad that it maybe, that David against the Goliaths won decisively. It's the equivalent of an ant beating an elephant by being a pain in its trunk and the elephant ran away.

Last edited:
Excuses don't work in life I am afraid , no matter how genuine the excuses are.
How often again, with hands tied behind your back, you can't change the ruling ideology of a country.
If you toast, every single week, 100k or more bc you CAN (and if ordinary Murricans who are using the equipment were bad as they are made in this forum more often than not), than no Iraqi in Iraq or Afghan in Afghanistan would be left.
It's like a fart for Americans to crush 95% of the worlds countries conventional when all rules are off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom