What's new

New IAF Squadron Logo Lifts From Vin Diesel Film

sudhir007

Reaction score
Livefist: New IAF Squadron Logo Lifts From Vin Diesel Film

81+Sqn.jpg

If this patch pictured above is in fact the IAF's new Boeing C-17 squadron's logo/insignia, it's a rip-off (that's right) of the Vin Diesel movie xXx from 2002. See:
Triple-X-7-08OH8B97R0-1024x768.jpg

So, the LXXXI is a slightly laboured 81 in Roman. So? Why lift a design when you could have made your own, especially since that's public money you're spending making this stuff?

It's like the guys at 81 Sqn who designed this thought, "Hey, I remember that cool Vin Diesel flick and how they drew the title. I should think of something that slick... Oh, screw it, let me just take the damn thing, who remembers that movie anyway."

Do the designers of this emblem/logo know how serious an issue plagiarism is, and what the consequences of such an action could be? Did they think this would simply be considered an 'inspiration'? Is it okay for one of the world's most professional air forces to let stuff like this happen? Don't think so.

Either way, we're talking about stolen goods. Not a great way to start a brand new squadron, with a talented and formidably hard-working group of officers wearing a proud patch that's centred around a plagiarised emblem. Why couldn't the IAF, for instance, have held a logo competition? Or gotten a professional agency to do it for them? Even a professional government agency that wouldn't charge them anything? That's public money being spent on an identity that's lifted from a Hollywood film. Thoughtless, unnecessary. The implied questions are far more worrying: does it confirm a disturbing lack of awareness about intellectual property, and the consequences, fuelled by a pervasive societal culture of piracy?

I have friends in 81 Squadron, and they agree that calling attention to this is the right thing to do. The IAF and its men deserve better than what appears to either be a resounding error of judgement, or complete lack of awareness. Difficult to say which is worse.

the logo does not suit the nature of the job... they should have elephant in it ... :lol:

I can't believe they used the word stractical!

Its one of those nothing meaning words used by business idiots like synergy

The use of that word by the IAF may be tongue in cheek, unlike the business idiots who use fancy words for non existent concepts.

I guess what they mean is that the C-17 can be used in both tactical as well as strategic roles - a point often belabored by boeing and IAF while the decision to acquire them was pending.

'Skylords' is rather cheesy. They should have come up with an Indian sounding name, like 'Gajraj' for the Il-76.

I can't believe they used the word stractical!

Its one of those nothing meaning words used by business idiots like synergy

well words are invented as per the requirement 3 decades ago there are no words like blogging .new words are invented every year.
New words list: June 2012 | Oxford English Dictionary

this term becomes a common term is less than 5 years.its a meaning full word which defines their nature of job
New words in English with their meaning | Learn English Today

I don't understand why Shiv Aroor has to be so critical of every little thing. Reading through his Tweets and blog one doesn't get the impression he is a professional and mature reporter but a teenager who loves drama and sensationalism.

And this guy's blog won India's best defence blog or something? Says a lot about the quality of reporting in India or lack thereof.

@Awesome @acetophenol

both of you're wrong...

Stractical is a business jargon used to describe an action that is both of strategic and tactical importance - therefore strategically tactical..

suits this word perfectly,don't you think???

topic...

nice logo..but why XXX??they should have logo according to their role..something like Airavat would've suited more..baap of Gajraj...

Elephant_History.png

elore.jpg

1638525-cover_image.jpg

there is so many concept that can be developed on this photos...

Last edited by a moderator:
So Madam Ji offered her Jesus's Help i guess . New Sikular India with no identity= Secular Identity ! Jai Ho

I was doubting whether such a word existed even!

man i had even opened google translate.................apt came the reply

this is already in english:undecided:

I don't understand why Shiv Aroor has to be so critical of every little thing. Reading through his Tweets and blog one doesn't get the impression he is a professional and mature reporter but a teenager who loves drama and sensationalism.

And this guy's blog won India's best defence blog or something? Says a lot about the quality of reporting in India or lack thereof.

best information is on trishul blog by sengupta

don't care for his analysis but he has amazing sources

Back
Top Bottom